Tired of Deflategate

I'm thinking that old Roger has been pushed far enough by the Patriots** nonsense WRT Deflategate. He's going to force Brady** & the Cheatriots** to either go to court or back down. Discovery rules give the NFL Brady**'s phone & e-mail records...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An appeal and going to court are 2 seperate things with completely different rules.

Yeah, I missed the "if this goes to court" part.

If it does go to court...I suppose they can subpoena the phone, and Brady can claim the fifth. And then who knows what happens?

@ProFootballTalk: NFLPA wants Goodell to testify in Tom Brady appeal http://t.co/AiYRijq9xs

@ProFootballTalk: Look for a lawsuit to be filled sooner than later in connection with the Tom Brady suspension. Goal will be to force Goodell to step aside.

Weird. I read here it would never happen because he would have to turn over his phone and if he did they would have to banish the team from the league and put him in jail.

Weird. I read here it would never happen because he would have to turn over his phone and if he did they would have to banish the team from the league and put him in jail.

If I'm not mistaken they would be taking Goodell to court so he cannot be the arbitrator of the case, not the entire ordeal to court.

absolutely.

this is now about goodell retaining his power granted in the CBA and the NFLPA doing everything they can to whittle away at it.

see you in federal court.

You'd expect a federal court to take one look at the CBA and existing precedent, and throw the NFLPA's complaint out. I hate Goodell's dictatorial disciplinary system where he's judge, jury, and executioner...but the fact is, the NFLPA agreed to it and has worked within that process for four years now, and in front of a reasonable court Goodell has them by the balls.

But this could very likely go in front of the NLRB. And who knows how they'll rule?

@mikefreemanNFL: NFL source: Roger Goodell will hear Tom Brady's appeal. Yes, the commissioner will hear it. More on this story soon.

I feel it is my duty to be personally involved to ensure the fairest possible treatment for Tom Brady, the New England Patriots and the league.

I don't know why it wouldn't be- "look man I don't know if you conspired in a plot because your passer rating sucked in 2013 and felt your grip wasn't what it used to be, or if this is all just a whole lot of coincidences. What I do know is you had a chance to cooperate fully and help prove nothing happened here. You didn't. That- I can prove. See you week 6."

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I bet it's gonna get totally reversed, and the starting QBs of Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Jacksonville, and Dallas will be suspended for their respective games against the Pats**.

In Buffalo's case, not sure it would matter.

how long will this appeal drag out?

days, weeks, months?

probably not even heard for a few weeks. I'd expect an answer by 4th of July weekend - camp at the latest. But that might not be the end of the show.

after a few incidents here, id expect this to be a hot button issue for the next cba. money obviously #1 by a long shot, but this would likely be one of the top few things they go after.

I'm surprised the players didn't make a bigger deal out of this in the last CBA, considering the money they let get taken away.

We here at the NFLPA support Tom Brady completely. Given the NFL’s history of inconsistency and arbitrary decisions in disciplinary matters, it is only fair that a neutral arbitrator hear this appeal. If Ted Wells and the NFL believe, as their public comments stated, that the evidence in their report is ‘direct’ and ‘inculpatory,’ then they should be confident enough to present their case before someone who is truly independent.