Out of Town Bills Fans

Out of town  

164 members have voted

1. 1. For those living in another team's market, how do you feel about that second team?

• The've become my second favorite team
    • I'm mostly neutral to them, don't care one way or the other
    • I can't stand them
    • They've become my favorite team, and the Bills have taken a back seat

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Yonkers kid, I root for the Giants, as my entire family are big fans, including a cpl season ticket holders. So I guess they are my NFC team if I had one, but they are a distance 2nd to my Bills. The Jets I hate period (.)

I'm not going to lie, I got 10 of the free tickets. I did 4 right away, then put in 6 more just to see if they would give them to me and they did. Right now I'm planning on going with 1 buddy, either wearing a Bills or Buckeyes jersey and burning 8 tickets. I should probably try to sell them on stubhub, but I'm not quite sure how to do that and I'd rather account for 8 empty seats.

Several of my other friends got tickets, they all did the 6 option, there's going to be plenty of empty space based upon how they released them.

i got 5! I agree people snapped them up but may not actually go.

The radio here a couple of weeks ago talked about some demographics study that was done on Columbus rooting interests. It was something like ~60% Browns fans / ~30% Bengals fans / ~10% fans of other teams.

there are a lot of Bengals "fans" here. But they don't know a single thing about the team other than yelling "who dey" if they happen to find out accidentally that they won a game.

Those darn Fisher Cats?

New Hampshire Fisher Cats, AA affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays?

They were going to call the team the New Hampshire Primaries! Now that's a name. BTW @TRBJ That means F-cats players go to Buffalo to play for the Bisons in AAA.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

i got 5! I agree people snapped them up but may not actually go.

there are a lot of Bengals "fans" here. But they don't know a single thing about the team other than yelling "who dey" if they happen to find out accidentally that they won a game.

That's a perfect description of about 85% of the Bengals fans I know in Columbus. It's almost reversed when it comes to the Reds-Indians.

I grew up in Buffalo, and as many of you know read this site everyday. It might be 5 am or 10 pm before or after my day, but I bleed Red, White, and Royal Blue. at age 23 I moved to Tampa, and have been my second favorite team since Dungy came to town. Once Gruden left it has been tough to be as excited about the Bucs. My boys love their local team, and they also are of course Bills fans, and they each have a team they love for a variety of reasons.

I'm truly hopeful my Bucs turn it around this year with Lovie, and Winston. It has just been ugly watching games, and if they are both on at 1 pm, the Bills are on the TV if that helps in my loyalty. I can't deny though for my sons, this is their team, even though the fans are decent, but absolutely nothing like Bills fans and they admit that point. I've been flying them up for the home opener each year, and they both believe there is nothing like a Bills game.

I'll die a diehard Bills fan, but hope my Bucs can get back to the Dungy/Gruden years as that was fun. One hellova defense back then.

Eh. With the skins being in the NFC I'm pretty indifferent for the most part. Also seems like as many Dallas fans here as DC. Since we play them this year, depending on the results of the game, I imagine my feelings may change somewhat around that time.

In DC area before there was even a Ravens or even a $nyder.

Never have I liked Red$ucks and dislike only intensified when $nyder.

The stadium in "Raljon" is a joke and changing it back to Landover made it worse, $nyder's Magic Kingdom for Sale is a very bad joke fitting his joke of a team even more.

I lived in Colorado from 1990 to 2000.

I couldn't friggin' stand the Broncos while living there. (unfortunately those were their good years too.)

We then moved to Washington State for 5 years (southern Washington State, near Portland Oregon) and you barely even heard about the Seahawks.

Heck, I now live in New Zealand where no one knows anything about "Gridiron", or "American Football" as the Kiwi's call it.

Let's go Buffalo!

Edited by Bad Things

I liked (not loved) the Bucs when Dungy was there. That all changed when Gruden arrived. Now in Atlanta, the Falcons just don't do it for me. The only game I've been to was in the Presidents box, which was very cool, but the dome and fans didn't do it for me. When the new one is done I'll go check it out and see how it goes. The city is nothing like Buffalo with rabid fans everywhere. And the team is just not very interesting right now. Maybe the new crew will change that some, but I don't have much room to care after my Bills obsession.

I think satellite radio might affect my feelings. I don't have to listen to jabbering about the local team these days.

Augie:

It's funny you say that as I never listen to local radio. Only Sirius NFL Radio. It is so much better and call in when I have the time.

Yep, if it weren't for Sirius I'd probably be forced to listen to Falcon talk, know more about the team and maybe even start caring a little bit. But I don't, so I don't.

This is probably the case in a lot of cities, especially those that are more transient.