Favorite Current Non-Bill to watch

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed.

Trade him for our QB trio and what are your expectations? I think he'd make us a top 3 Super Bowl choice. He has very little to work with, and yet he's in the playoffs and advances. He beat KC, the Bengals and the Broncos in the palyoffs in the last 2 years. Those were not division games, those were palyoff games against playoff teams. And remember he's not exactly a grizzled vet. Three seasons, three playoff appearances, with wins in each of the last 2 years. You are certainly welcome to your opinion and place in the minority.

Edited by Augie

Not at all surprised a majority of people prefer watching offensive players. I might be in the minority that enjoys watching the defensive guys more.

I play in an IDP fantasy league, so following them closely is even more interesting for me. It really opens your eyes to the other side of the ball

Not at all surprised a majority of people prefer watching offensive players. I might be in the minority that enjoys watching the defensive guys more.

I play in an IDP fantasy league, so following them closely is even more interesting for me. It really opens your eyes to the other side of the ball

Other than a few of the standout players, JJ Watt, etc, and maybe it is because of conventional FF, people look at teams defenses as a whole unit working together more than the individuals.

Other than a few of the standout players, JJ Watt, etc, and maybe it is because of conventional FF, people look at teams defenses as a whole unit working together more than the individuals.

Spot on. That's exactly why I love the IDP. It forces you to learn all positions and learn about gems that no one knows exist. A lot of tremendous players recognition are lost in the overshadowing of a terrible team or a good defense. Also, IDP is really difficult, if recommend it to those who've never tried.

Spot on. That's exactly why I love the IDP. It forces you to learn all positions and learn about gems that no one knows exist. A lot of tremendous players recognition are lost in the overshadowing of a terrible team or a good defense. Also, IDP is really difficult, if recommend it to those who've never tried.

I agree that paying attention to defensive players makes the game more interesting to watch (hence my nomination of Bobby Wagner in this thread).

Regarding IDPs, I've noticed that it's rare that the best players are the highest-scoring. I mean, I don't think many NFL GMs would take Jamie Collins over Luke Kuechly and Clay Matthews, but in my league he scored more points. It's especially the case with DBs, where the top 4 scoring DBs were Harrison Smith, Rashad Johnson, Morgan Burnett, and T.J. McDonald.

I agree that paying attention to defensive players makes the game more interesting to watch (hence my nomination of Bobby Wagner in this thread).

Regarding IDPs, I've noticed that it's rare that the best players are the highest-scoring. I mean, I don't think many NFL GMs would take Jamie Collins over Luke Kuechly and Clay Matthews, but in my league he scored more points. It's especially the case with DBs, where the top 4 scoring DBs were Harrison Smith, Rashad Johnson, Morgan Burnett, and T.J. McDonald.

Yes, I think that's why it's extremely difficult. I made that mistake my first year, drafting darelle revis in his first stint with the jets. Thinking he was the best corner in the game, I figured he would rack up a lot of points. Problem was, he is the best corner in the game and very infrequently challenged, resulting in a limited amount of tackles. Lesson learned (take safeties instead)

Trade him for our QB trio and what are your expectations? I think he'd make us a top 3 Super Bowl choice. He has very little to work with, and yet he's in the playoffs and advances. He beat KC, the Bengals and the Broncos in the palyoffs in the last 2 years. Those were not division games, those were palyoff games against playoff teams. And remember he's not exactly a grizzled vet. Three seasons, three playoff appearances, with wins in each of the last 2 years. You are certainly welcome to your opinion and place in the minority.

Pointing out that I am in the minority is simply a deflection of the fact that you realize I am right. He stinks in big game situations. It is laughable that you count the KC game since Andy Reid clearly blew that one. Even during the "Luck engineered comeback" one of the touchdowns came when he choked and fumbled and the ball bounced right back to him. He jumped in the end zone because the defense was going for the ball. Cincy? lol. How many playoff games have they won? Denver was the only mildly impressive game and 2015 will tell us if Denver is really a good team. They didn't look like one in 2H14. Meanwhile Luck stacked up staggering numbers of turnovers.

Meanwhile getting a cakewalk to the playoffs because Jax is mathematically eliminated by week 5, Tenny week 8 and Houston hangs on for dear life until week 11 based on an EJ pick 6 is hardly impressive.

Rookie year - got into playoffs

2nd year - won a playoff game

3rd year - won 2 games and lost (horribly) to SB Champ Patriots

Period. I don't need excuses or to explain away any of that, I'll let actual results speak for themselves. Three years of playoffs with improving results each time. Feel free to pass on him if you'd like. Sign me up.

But thanks for pointing out what I realized, as I didn't realize that I realized that part about your minority being right.

Rookie year - got into playoffs

2nd year - won a playoff game

3rd year - won 2 games and lost (horribly) to SB Champ Patriots

Period. I don't need excuses or to explain away any of that, I'll let actual results speak for themselves. Three years of playoffs with improving results each time. Feel free to pass on him if you'd like. Sign me up.

But thanks for pointing out what I realized, as I didn't realize that I realized that part about your minority being right.

Rookie year: Played in AFC South

2nd year: Played in AFC South

3rd year: Played in AFC South

All three years: Massive numbers of playoff turnovers.

Who do you try and watch (or root for) outside of our team? I've always found it interesting to see who people enjoy just to watch, regardless of winning or losing. So who do you enjoy watching play football, with no opinion on the outcome of their game?

Offensively - Julio Jones (been following him since he was coming out of highschool)

Defensively - Luke Kuechly (I was so upset when he went a pick before we took Gilmore)

Offensive: Phillip Rivers or Big Ben/Antonio Brown

Defense: JJ Watt

Rodgers and Calvin Johnson. Gronk is a freak and I love Jimmy Graham (great back story).

I used to love safeties like Ronnie Lott and Atwater but the NFL does not allow that anymore. Loved PAtrick Willis and really like Watt, but he had some dirty hits against the Bills.

Rodgers and Calvin Johnson. Gronk is a freak and I love Jimmy Graham (great back story).

I used to love safeties like Ronnie Lott and Atwater but the NFL does not allow that anymore. Loved PAtrick Willis and really like Watt, but he had some dirty hits against the Bills.

What's the scoop on Jimmy Graham's back?

LeSean McCoy was actually my favorite non-Bill to watch, his acquisition had me dancing at the office all day. Such a exciting running style and his ability to make people miss with quick feet and compact movements in small spaces is second to none. Think he will make everyone forget about Kiko by week 8.

Since he is in Buffalo now I would have to say Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers just has it all, big accurate arm and his ability to scramble is criminally underrated. Packer football has been fun to watch for 15+ years thanks to him and Favre. Think he is the best QB in the game since Manning has declined. Still it is fun to watch Peyton audible and his ability to read a defenses so easily, even with his physical tools fading the guy finds a way to exploit a defense just about every week.

Cam Newton and Watt also come to mind.

Agree on Shady and agree on everything else. Toss Luck in there too. Edited by Manther

LeSean McCoy was actually my favorite non-Bill to watch, his acquisition had me dancing at the office all day. Such a exciting running style and his ability to make people miss with quick feet and compact movements in small spaces is second to none. Think he will make everyone forget about Kiko by week 8.

Since he is in Buffalo now I would have to say Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers just has it all, big accurate arm and his ability to scramble is criminally underrated. Packer football has been fun to watch for 15+ years thanks to him and Favre. Think he is the best QB in the game since Manning has declined. Still it is fun to watch Peyton audible and his ability to read a defenses so easily, even with his physical tools fading the guy finds a way to exploit a defense just about every week.

Cam Newton and Watt also come to mind.

Kiko who?