ESPYs, anyone?

I enjoy the ESPYs a great deal. Could also be sports withdrawal. Anyone else plan to watch? I'm mostly interested in the Buckeye noms - but Eichel is also nominated! Let's go Jack - Best Male College Athlete.

8pm on ABC. For those who like the intros, ESPN at 7pm.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ESPY's haven't been very good in years but I may tune in for a little bit to get my sports fix

stuart Scott's speech last year was memorable...

They do it in mid July when sports fans who don't love baseball are bored and will watch anything sports related. Like me.

Wow. Well, don't want this moved to PPP so that's all I will say.

You don't need to be political to know that giving Jenner the courage award over Jim Kelly, Lauren Hill and Noah Galloway is nothing more than an embarrassing effort to boost ratings.

Giving this award to Jenner turned ESPN into TMZ for jocks.

You don't need to be political to know that giving Jenner the courage award over Jim Kelly, Lauren Hill and Noah Galloway is nothing more than an embarrassing effort to boost ratings.

i agree - but it's a fan vote, correct?

i agree - but it's a fan vote, correct?

I don't think so. (I could be wrong, naturally.) A lot of talking heads in the sports world were critical of the move, and if it were a fan thing, they would have likely kept their mouth shut.

Not to mention...if it were a fan vote, #12 would be crossing the stage tonight.

I couldn't agree more! Nothing but a publicity grab, she/he hasn't done anything sporting for decades cept walk around now. They are gonna get big ratings numbers from the kardashian zombie followers. Lauren Hill should have won hands down w Jimbo right behind her.

I don't think so. (I could be wrong, naturally.) A lot of talking heads in the sports world were critical of the move, and if it were a fan thing, they would have likely kept their mouth shut.

Not to mention...if it were a fan vote, #12 would be crossing the stage tonight.

i think the rest are fan votes, and that one was ESPN decision

I couldn't agree more! Nothing but a publicity grab, she/he hasn't done anything sporting for decades cept walk around now. They are gonna get big ratings numbers from the kardashian zombie followers. Lauren Hill should have won hands down w Jimbo right behind her.

It might be, but I wouldn't discount the impact she's had on untold millions. And if you're upset about her relevance in the sporting world, Jim hasn't tossed a ball for almost two decades. He wouldn't even be in the conversation if he/his family hadn't chosen to publicize his fight with cancer. If you're going to complain, call it both ways.

wtf are the espys?

Lord I hate posts like this.

I have not watched in many moons, but will always remember where I was when I watched the Jimmie V speech....seminal moment in sports history in my eyes.

BTW, this is only day of the year with no pro games at all, no college games, no nuthin. That's why it is always day after baseball allstar game

Edited by plenzmd1

:lol: :lol:

Baddest chick on the planet Ronda Rousey just went legend in her interview after beating out Mayweather for Best Fighter. Stares straight into the camera and says:

"Well, I can't help but really say that I wonder how Floyd feels being beat by a woman for once.... Like to see you pretend you don't know who I am now."

Jesse Palmer laughed, the woman interviewing went pale.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Somehow the ESPY's being on ABC just doesn't sound right!

first time for that.

I think that goes with Jenner and the ratings grab. I wish Jenner the best and don't really give a rip beyond that. Not even in the same league with Lauren Hill, Jimbo and I'm sure countless others. For that reason, I'll pass.