ESPYs, anyone?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're used to Joel McHale and like his type of humor, he actually did a good job, except for the Redskins joke, he didn't need to repeat Redskins so many times.

Your right.

he got some laughs after he said Redskins the first time but he didnt need to repeat and emphasize the name as many times as he did

CBF

you do realize this is a sports related 'award' show, not john q public...if a cop responding to a call played 2nd base for the detroit tigers then yeah, your point is valid, If a corrections officer makes a monster behind the head slam dunk to win the eastern conference finals then, sure, he deserves this specific award. but this is for people in the sports world....

Didn't watch....Courage is a Cop alone at night responding to a call.. A Fire Fighter running into a burning building to save a child.... A Correction Officer running into a 200 man fight in the yard..... Bruce decides to become a Kardashion Girl and it's all about Transgender Love... Don't Care!!!!!!

you do realize this is a sports related 'award' show, not john q public...if a cop responding to a call played 2nd base for the detroit tigers then yeah, your point is valid, If a corrections officer makes a monster behind the head slam dunk to win the eastern conference finals then, sure, he deserves this specific award. but this is for people in the sports world....

Bruce Jenner hasn't been in the sports world since the 70s. He's known for the reality show, being a terrible father, killing someone because he was too busy talking on the phone, and then putting on a dress.

Everyone will be watching because of Caitlyn Jenner

CBF

I watched Lauren Hills parents and Leahs Dad. But turned it off prior to Jenner. I don't care about Jenner at all, pro or con, but I couldn't stomach a courage award given to her after watching 2 people who actually deserved it.

I watched Lauren Hills parents and Leahs Dad. But turned it off prior to Jenner. I don't care about Jenner at all, pro or con, but I couldn't stomach a courage award given to her after watching 2 people who actually deserved it.

I know exactly what you mean

What a joke

And what was up with AROD getting nominated for comeback player of the year?!

He was coming back from a suspension, not an injury like the other two nominees

Its like Adrian Peterson winning it next year

CBF

he/she is still part of the sports world. whether you agree with why he/she was up for the award is a separate issue, but he/she is certainly part of the sports world

Bruce Jenner hasn't been in the sports world since the 70s. He's known for the reality show, being a terrible father, killing someone because he was too busy talking on the phone, and then putting on a dress.

look, I get your point, I really do, and your views are yours and I will never tell you you are right or wrong how you feel, but to my point and i don't want this to come off as harsh, what does fighting cancer have to do with sports? Sure Lauren Hill played basketball while battling cancer, you won't get the slightest argument from me that she should have won the 'award', but whatever your view of what Jenner did, he/she is part of the sports world.

The Jenner thing was ridiculous! What does turning into a woman have to do with courage?

It had nothing to do with sports. Makes me want to puke my guts out.

look, I get your point, I really do, and your views are yours and I will never tell you you are right or wrong how you feel, but to my point and i don't want this to come off as harsh, what does fighting cancer have to do with sports? Sure Lauren Hill played basketball while battling cancer, you won't get the slightest argument from me that she should have won the 'award', but whatever your view of what Jenner did, he/she is part of the sports world.

Well said.

Pooj, I agree with you 100%.

That being said, was just coming home from the grocery and listening to Scott Wetzel on Mad Dog Sports. He was saying there is now a story making the rounds that Jenner said no interview with Diane Sawyer unless he won this award.

As I said way up thread, I don't watch the ESPY's since the very first year , but if this correct, just cancell them now.

As a caveat, I love Scotty Wetzel, and he does love himself a conspiracy theory, so take all with a grain of salt.

That being said, was just coming home from the grocery and listening to Scott Wetzel on Mad Dog Sports. He was saying there is now a story making the rounds that Jenner said no interview with Diane Sawyer unless he won this award.

As I said way up thread, I don't watch the ESPY's since the very first year , but if this correct, just cancell them now.

As a caveat, I love Scotty Wetzel, and he does love himself a conspiracy theory, so take all with a grain of salt.

I posted an article about this upthread last night.

Screw courage. Publicity is better...just ask ESPN and Jenner's PR reps.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/caitlyn-jenner-espys-award-demands/

I consider this all a sign of the apocalypse. ESPN has sold out? And the definition of courage aint what it used to be.

If you're used to Joel McHale and like his type of humor, he actually did a good job, except for the Redskins joke, he didn't need to repeat Redskins so many times.

I thought it was pretty funny. The Pierre Paul finger and Tiger Woods with Lyndsey Vonn on the big screen was funny. So was the Bill Cosby joke. Peyton Manning has and always will be a douche.

Ahhhh, sorry did not see. Unbelievable to me if true, but don't know why I would be shocked. I guess I am just gullible still

Yeah, when I read that, it just made the whole thing disappointing.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

It was funny watching Jenner's speech. He sounded like Edward G. Robinson, but looked like a senior citizen female that suffered through multiple strokes. I'm sure all those women from the 80's were envious of them shoulders and he didn't even need the shoulder pads.

Lauren Hill or Kelly should've taken home the honor.