Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but it was a minor....the rules are different on that

Not in Florida, unless you have a link. It's not a felony unless he has a previous misdemeanor battery conviction or the defendent is shown to have intended to cause serious bodily injury. A single puch in the face isn't going to get charged unless it was a little kid.

Also, he was released on bond.

Yeah, I'd figure a minor would be a "protected class."

• law enforcement officer or firefighter
  • emergency medical care provider
  • public transport employee
  • breath test operator, while engaged in testing persons under investigation for driving while intoxicated
  • parking enforcement officer
  • licensed security officer
  • employee at a detention or commitment facility for sexually violent offenders, if the defendant knew or had reason to know the victim’s employment status, and
  • code inspectors, if the offender knew or had reason to know the victim’s employment status.

(Fla. Stat. §§ 784.011, 784.03, 784.07, 784.074, 784.083).

Additional special victims include:

• employees or investigators for the Children and Family Services Department (if the offender knew or had reason to know the victim’s employment status)
  • a person over the age of sixty-five years of age (the offender need not be aware of victim’s age)
  • sports officials, while participating in a sporting event or immediately after the event
  • school employees or elected officials (if the defendant knew or had reason to know of the victim’s employee status)
  • visitors or detainees in a jail or correctional facility (if the offender is a detainee of the jail or correctional facility), and
  • code inspectors, if the offender knew or had reason to know the victim’s employment status.

Sorry, I don't care how good he may be. If the NFL wants to clean things up, he needs to go. How are the players suppossed to act accordingly when coaches can't?

He should be Fired ASAP.

Imo

Sorry, I don't care how good he may be. If the NFL wants to clean things up, he needs to go. How are the players suppossed to act accordingly when coaches can't?

He should be Fired ASAP.

Imo

The ole' guilty before given a chance to hear the other side of the story.

• law enforcement officer or firefighter
  • emergency medical care provider
  • public transport employee
  • breath test operator, while engaged in testing persons under investigation for driving while intoxicated
  • parking enforcement officer
  • licensed security officer
  • employee at a detention or commitment facility for sexually violent offenders, if the defendant knew or had reason to know the victim’s employment status, and

(Fla. Stat. §§ 784.011, 784.03, 784.07, 784.074, 784.083).

Additional special victims include:

• employees or investigators for the Children and Family Services Department (if the offender knew or had reason to know the victim’s employment status)
  • a person over the age of sixty-five years of age (the offender need not be aware of victim’s age)
  • sports officials, while participating in a sporting event or immediately after the event
  • school employees or elected officials (if the defendant knew or had reason to know of the victim’s employee status)
  • visitors or detainees in a jail or correctional facility (if the offender is a detainee of the jail or correctional facility), and

So punching someone over 65 is a felony but punching someone under 18 isn't? Yeah, that makes sense.

He should be Fired ASAP.

Imo

ASAP? Shouldn't they find out what happened first?

Actually I'm thinking of starting a GoFundMe campaign and try to raise a million dollars for the victims in this. Those three poor innocent teenagers whose lives have been shattered and futures totally ruined by this heinous crime and who cannot trust any adult anymore.

He should be Fired ASAP.

Imo

Fire him this second, before the facts are out, dammit!! And while we're at it, let's cut EJ this second, too, before camp starts, because that's just what a professional organization would do.

If you really are in the know, I hope it's not very high up. Sheesh.

So punching someone over 65 is a felony but punching someone under 18 isn't? Yeah, that makes sense.

It's Florida. Of course it makes sense given the pandering politicians and retirees they cater to.

I own a second home in central FL and it always creeps me out to see how entitled a large swath of the 65-plus croud is. The only group with more clout and legislative backing is the medical lobby...

Fire him this second, before the facts are out, dammit!! And while we're at it, let's cut EJ this second, too, before camp starts, because that's just what a professional organization would do.

Yeah! And can we finally cut Dareus?

Not to sound old but anyone else think it's strange that the police posted the details of the charge on Facebook of all places?

A lot of the police and fire departments have facebook pages now a days in which they post details of where they are being called to and for what reason. I don't know what the end game of doing this is but I guess it is a modern version of the police beat.

It's Florida. Of course it makes sense given the pandering politicians and retirees they cater to.

I own a second home in central FL and it always creeps me out to see how entitled a large swath of the 65-plus croud is. The only group with more clout and legislative backing is the medical lobby...

I guess retirees want to be able to hit kids without major repercussions.

And which medical lobby?

A lot of the police and fire departments have facebook pages now a days in which they post details of where they are being called to and for what reason. I don't know what the end game of doing this is but I guess it is a modern version of the police beat.

ok. That makes sense. I just see FB as a bunch of vacation pictures and kid videos and people arguing about politics.

@RapSheet: #Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer was arrested last night and charged with battery with intent to cause bodily harm, per the Walton County Jail.

Rex Ryan said he wanted bullies. He's got them! Maybe he's been chatting with Incognito?

Yep, it's all interrelated in a symbiotic/parasitic way...

Not that I'm in Florida, but if I were, I'd need a good lobby to keep getting even crappier reimbursement rates for anesthesia.

Here's the law in NYS:

• if the defendant is at least 18 years old and with the intent to cause physical injury to a victim who is younger than 11 years old, ends up actually recklessly causing serious physical injury.
  • if the defendant is at least 18 years old, intentionally causes physical injury to a victim who is less than seven years old.

I don't know if any state makes it a felony if the victim is simpy under 18.

Rex Ryan said he wanted bullies. He's got them! Maybe he's been chatting with Incognito?

Bully Rex spent the weekend tasting wine in Napa Valley per the NYPost...

The ole' guilty before given a chance to hear the other side of the story.

Because we only want to take the story of one side, right?

I am against any and all abuse on minors and women, under any circumstance.

These guys want to hear the "other" side. Lets get your priorities in line gentlemen.

This guy terrorizes little kids and how is this not a felony?

Bring in a new coach ASAP!!

Imo

Edited by Leroi

These guys want to hear the "other" side. Lets get your priorities in line gentlemen.

Imo

Little kids who are out after midnight? LOL!

Don't get caught up with semantics, Any minor is considered a kid and what was his son doing at the scene? The guy should win the greatest dad of the year award.

Imo

Imo

how do you know the story told to the police by the kids is the truth?

16 is not a little kid..at a beach vacation home being out at 1 AM near your house is not a crime.

Punching a smart mouth kid over a beach chair is a crime whether it happens at 1 PM or 1 AM. Don't care what the kid said...take a breath, realize who you are, the job you have, who you represent and walk away.

This bit of bad judgement should cost him his job if Rex, Roman, Terry and Kim are building this team in the right way.

Many of us on this board have faced the situation. A drunk teen basically ran over my wife at a MLB baseball game last summer. I could have beaten the living **** out of him and every bone in my body wanted to....but I found a cop and they took care of it. Kromer made a really bad choice taking it into his own hands when there was no immediate threat and many sane alternatives. Don't want him affiliated with the Bills if this is the way he reacts in situations. Don't really care what anyone else thinks on this one.

Edited by JoeF

Don't get caught up with semantics, Any minor is considered a kid and what was his son doing at the scene? The guy should win the greatest dad of the year award.

Imo

Kromers son is a qb coach (volunteer) in college. He's not a little kid. Maybe you should know something about this.