More Good PR For Florida State QB's

LB3

Darby needs to reconsider his remarks he sounds like a punk.

I think that he could have phrased it better but really? Anyone with knowledge of the context, or have seen the video would know exactly what he was getting at and meant. What sounds like a punk are the keyboard warriors that are harassing him because he said there should be consequence for a woman hitting a man. And he was clearly talking police.

Edited by What a Tuel

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reality, this type of an altercation has probably happened to nearly every NFL & college player. The difference is that in all other cases, the player walked away without throwing a punch. But that doesn't excuse her behavior, and does not invalidate anything that Darby tweeted. Sad for Skurski & WGRZ to railroad the kid for expressing a correct opinion. They should try it.

There is no such thing as a correct opinion. Opinions are just personal views.

In MY Opinion he should be kicked off for underage drinking which gives the Florida State a bad name unless they want to condone University representatives doing underage drinking. The rest should be determined by legal system not a college which may have more of an interest in public opinion than facts.

I think that he could have phrased it better but really? Anyone with knowledge of the context, or have seen the video would know exactly what he was getting at and meant. What sounds like a punk are the keyboard warriors that are harassing him because he said there should be consequence for a woman hitting a man. And he was clearly talking police.

One had to know that Darby's comments would be blown out of proportion and/or taken out of context simply because he's a black professional football player who attended FSU just a few months ago. Therefore, no matter what he said about the subject, unless he was 100% against Johnson it would just look like he was defending the psychopath who punched a strange woman in the face in public.

That said, "Yall can't keep letting females provoke guys in all ways then walk free" sounds a little too "The girl's skirt was too short" to me - at least in this instance.

Yes, she was drunk and too belligerent. But Johnson was the one who made physical contact with the girl first because he either refused to wait his turn or couldn't politely move to an open area without invading her space. Yes, she obviously overreacted to that - but holding up her hand (which could easily be construed as her pointing back at the bartenders) does not give a person the right to grab her wrist in a violent manner and clutch it against her will. After that she was in defense mode, trying to get her to stop and swung at him. And even then he was never in legitimate danger when he clocked her.

You guys can blame this girl all you want with the "She hit him first!" defense. It won't fly in a court of law because from a legal standpoint she did nothing wrong. Being a loudmouth isn't illegal.

That said, "Yall can't keep letting females provoke guys in all ways then walk free" sounds a little too "The girl's skirt was too short" to me - at least in this instance.

You guys can blame this girl all you want with the "She hit him first!" defense. It won't fly in a court of law because from a legal standpoint she did nothing wrong.

I'm not seeing where people are blaming her. the point people are making is that if a female swings at a guy, why are they able to walk away from any discipline or legal action because she's a female? This wasn't a case of him randomly punching her. Is he in the wrong? 100% absolutely is. HOWEVER, she is in the wrong as well. There was no need for her to throw a punch.

Bulldog on WGR was freaking out yesterday about this topic and refused to answer this question at first. IF she hit him, and he walked away and called the cops, should she be punished? Later he replies that no she shouldn't be. Why as a society do we allow this double standard? "Oh I can hit you because I'm a woman, but you can't hit me because I'm a woman"? I'm not advocating violence in any way shape or form, but the situation isn't right.

I'm glad they booted him from the team, he deserved it. However, Darby didn't do anything except raise the question of why the female gets off free (which is in a lot of people's minds).

I'm not seeing where people are blaming her. the point people are making is that if a female swings at a guy, why are they able to walk away from any discipline or legal action because she's a female? This wasn't a case of him randomly punching her. Is he in the wrong? 100% absolutely is. HOWEVER, she is in the wrong as well. There was no need for her to throw a punch.

Bulldog on WGR was freaking out yesterday about this topic and refused to answer this question at first. IF she hit him, and he walked away and called the cops, should she be punished? Later he replies that no she shouldn't be. Why as a society do we allow this double standard? "Oh I can hit you because I'm a woman, but you can't hit me because I'm a woman"? I'm not advocating violence in any way shape or form, but the situation isn't right.

I'm glad they booted him from the team, he deserved it. However, Darby didn't do anything except raise the question of why the female gets off free (which is in a lot of people's minds).

He was physically restraining her against her will, which he had no right to do. From a legal standpoint she was acting in self-defense.

If he had walked away and called the police instead of decking her, the police would have come and found that there were no marks or evidence of a punch on Johnson because it was so weak. They would then question the witnesses. My guess is it would have resulted in no charges and a simple "Knock it off" from the officer because they were both being idiots.

"if a female swings at a guy, why are they able to walk away from any discipline or legal action because she's a female?" - This isn't true at all. Women are arrested for violent offenses against men every day.

Edited by Wayne Arnold

i am not well informed of the QB situation there so anyone who is can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming it can't be too stacked if they needed Golson and he's already considered the starter without a competition. So if he gets injured, or they are blowing out some inferior team and they sit the starters, I would think this kid would have had a chance to play unless Jimbo was intent to RS him no matter what.

They have one of the best ranked QBs coming to the school next year as a freshman... So Jimbo isn't worried.

Darby needs to reconsider his remarks he sounds like a punk.

Ugh... Canadians.

One had to know that Darby's comments would be blown out of proportion and/or taken out of context simply because he's a black professional football player who attended FSU just a few months ago. Therefore, no matter what he said about the subject, unless he was 100% against Johnson it would just look like he was defending the psychopath who punched a strange woman in the face in public.

Yes, she was drunk and too belligerent. But Johnson was the one who made physical contact with the girl first because he either refused to wait his turn or couldn't politely move to an open area without invading her space. Yes, she obviously overreacted to that - but holding up her hand (which could easily be construed as her pointing back at the bartenders) does not give a person the right to grab her wrist in a violent manner and clutch it against her will. After that she was in defense mode, trying to get her to stop and swung at him. And even then he was never in legitimate danger when he clocked her.

You guys can blame this girl all you want with the "She hit him first!" defense. It won't fly in a court of law because from a legal standpoint she did nothing wrong. Being a loudmouth isn't illegal.

Um, she did hit him first. Try as you might, you cannot get around that fact and "never in legitimate danger" won't fly in a court of law. Merely bumping into someone (like the girl also did to the guy in glasses when she saddled up to the bar) and even grabbing someone's wrist isn't a crime.

Um, she did hit him first. Try as you might, you cannot get around that fact and "never in legitimate danger" won't fly in a court of law. Merely bumping into someone (like the girl also did to the guy in glasses when she saddled up to the bar) and even grabbing someone's wrist isn't a crime.

Grabbing someone's wrist is a crime - it is considered assault and battery. Obviously if someone is trying to restrain someone in an act of self defense then that doesn't apply, but if you walked up to a random stranger and grabbed them you'd probably be looking at charges.

Edited by BarleyNY

Grabbing someone's wrist is a crime - it is considered assault and battery. Obviously if someone is trying to restrain someone in an act of self defense then that doesn't apply, but if you walked up to a random stranger and grabbed them you'd probably be looking at charges.

Which is exactly what he is doing. She cocks her hand in an aggressive fashion. You also have no idea of what she is saying to him to make the confrontation even more aggressive. If she were a guy, no one would be questioning it.

Creating apprehension by grabbing someone's wrist and holding her against her will isn't a crime? Seriously?!

So you're telling me that you think you can walk down the street and grab and clutch each random person's arm as they scream and attempt to get away any time you please?

Creating apprehension by grabbing someone's wrist and holding her against her will isn't a crime? Seriously?!

So you're telling me that you think you can walk down the street and grab and clutch each random person's arm as they scream and attempt to get away any time you please?

Except it's not what happened as per video. This is a polar opposite of the "she was wearing a short skirt" defense. This is a defense of a drunken aggressive female who gets a pass simply because she's a female.

It's not like her hand was at her side and she was looking a different direction when he grabbed her wrist. Again, you are looking at this situation sober, and from a better perspective angle-wise than this 19 year old kid had.

The woman should also get charged with assult for hitting him first. As a guy you should have just had the bartender get bouncers to throw her out.

Exactly...sick and tired of women wanting their cake and eating it too...women have so much entitlement these days it's disgusting. They claim they are independent but then expect guys to buy them everything, they always are looking to play the victim but then want to be the instigator.

There is no reason to hit a woman, but to say that she is blameless is ridiculous. She instigated it.

You mean after she balled up her fist in a punching position?

He barreled into the bar, pushing her out of the way, she was pissed, he grabbed her wrist, she wanted him to let go, he didn't, she took a swing, he took a swing.

Sounds like a drunken friday night to me.

He's in the wrong, all he had to do is apologize after bumping her, and nothing happens.

He barreled into the bar, pushing her out of the way, she was pissed, he grabbed her wrist, she wanted him to let go, he didn't, she took a swing, he took a swing.

Sounds like a drunken friday night to me.

He's in the wrong, all he had to do is apologize after bumping her, and nothing happens.

If I decided to punch everyone who's ever bumped into me like that or worse in a bar I'd have a 3 page list of people...its not that serious, and clearly she only acted the way she did because her sense of entitlement has taught her that nothing would happen and she would be protected by all the "White Knights" rushing to her defense.

And I didn't see that happen. The two guys standing right beside her witnessing the whole thing did nothing to stop it, nor come to her aid because they knew who started the whole thing.

Edited by matter2003