Who are your top 10 Bills of all time?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top 10 to wear #10 starts & ends with Gibran Hamden, but, if forced to pick an additional 9 my list would be, in some particular order:

Spike Jones

Dan Darragh

Leo Hart

Levi Brown

Kelly Holcomb

Mark Miller

David Humm

AVP

Robert Woods

1. Jim Kelly

2. Bruce Smith

3. Thurman Thomas

4 Darryl Talley

5. Andre Reed

6. Kent Hull

7. Nate Odomes

8. Cornelius Bennett

9. Fred Jackson

10. Kyle Williams

First 8 are from the squads that made me the happiest, last two are from the current squad and are the two players that make me proudest to call myself a Bills fan today.

My top Bills. I find it absolutely impossible to consider players that I didn't watch play.

1. Jim Kelly - QB

2. Thurman Thomas - As underrated as a hall of famer can get considering his position, stats, and team success. Super Bowl 2, as I call it, really hurt him.

3. Bruce Smith - What can you say?... He was dominant and played at a high level for an extremely long career.

4. Andre Reed - Such a pro. Very dependable, and just super anywhere on the field after 5 yards. He was very physcially gifted as well, and bruised DBs.

5. Cornelius Bennett - The fastest linebacker in the game in his prime. The dude would chase down wrs on the opposite sideline who got 20 yd headstarts.

6. Kent Hull - The success of the offensive was indicative of him setting the o-line straight. I think you wouldn't take too many centers ahead of him during his era.

7. Eric Moulds - Talent wasted, sadly. PERIOD.

8. Darryl Talley - Intense, team oriented, and wanted it bad. He controlled the middle of the field. He deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

9. Steve Tasker - He was an absolute playmaker. He wasn't an every down guy, but he simply changed games.

10. Steve Christie - The SOB would have made that kick.

Don't know why my original post on this was deleted, anyway - here's my second try.

1. Bob Kalsu

2. Jim Braxton

3. Joe Ferguson

4, Fred Smerlas

5, Jim Kelly

6. Steve Tasker

7. Darryl Talley

8. Bruce Smith

9. Doug Flutie

10. Fred Jackson

One thing I don't understand is how Booker Edgerson got so much recent love from the team compared to Butch. I thought Butch was just outstanding compared to Booker who was good but not great. Maybe Butch was just flashier & I was too young to know better, cause I also thought Dennis Shaw was going to be a star, he did win Rookie ofThe Year after all lol.

When you say "love from the team" do you mean from the Buffalo Bills franchise? Not sure (both guys are a little before my time), but I can tell you, Booker has been one of the most active Buffalo Bills alumni guys from the AFL, over the years...he shows up for every alumni function...I have probably met him a half dozen times over the years...he represents those championship teams well.

When you say "love from the team" do you mean from the Buffalo Bills franchise? Not sure (both guys are a little before my time), but I can tell you, Booker has been one of the most active Buffalo Bills alumni guys from the AFL, over the years...he shows up for every alumni function...I have probably met him a half dozen times over the years...he represents those championship teams well.

Yeah, I meant the team. I don't remember Butch ever getting honored by them like Booker did a couple years ago. That probably explains why... nothing against Booker, I just thought Butch was much better.

Love reminiscing with this post. A lot of good memories. Thanks... Glad to see Lucious Sanford mentioned. Also, loved tackling my brothers using the Tony Greene 'At the knees' tactic.

Thought I would add a couple additional names I loved to watch, Kenneth Davis and Roland Hooks. Both were underrated, playing second fiddle, but always seemed to shine when given the chance. They were the precursor to the Fred Jackson style of football. Do whatever is needed to get the job done.

Thanks again...

:thumbsup:

Yeah, I meant the team. I don't remember Butch ever getting honored by them like Booker did a couple years ago. That probably explains why... nothing against Booker, I just thought Butch was much better.

Butch was a play maker and Booker was long regarded as one of the best cover corners in the league one on one.

Thought I would add a couple additional names I loved to watch, Kenneth Davis and Roland Hooks. Both were underrated, playing second fiddle, but always seemed to shine when given the chance.

I'm pretty sure I heard (Chris Berman) years ago that Hooks is the answer to a trivia question:

Who is the only player to score 4 touchdowns on only 4 touches in one half?

I dont remember, and after a 2 minute google I gave up. And in the 3rd minute:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197909090buf.htm

Edited by maddenboy

No love for Golden Wheels?

Also, Archie Matsos was the type of linebacker we should have more of now.

How can Dangerous Dan McGrew not be on these lists? He was so consistent; consistently snapping the ball over the punter's head.

On the Bottom 10 List, Walt Patulski heads it up, no question.

Wolfgang Felgemacher anyone?

Honorable Mentions.

Bryce Paup

Chris Speilman

Kiko Alonso.......im gonna miss him for sure

10-Henry Jones

9-Nate Clements

8-Steve Tasker

7-Kyle Williams

6-Leodis McElvin

5-Reuben Brown

4-Andre Reed

3-Jim Kelly

2-Fred Jackson

1-Thurman Thomas

Edited by natedawg3535

(disclaimer: began watching them in the mid-70s so not selecting anyone prior to that time period; these are just the names that came to me first as I thought about who I most enjoyed watching and rooting for)

Bruce, Thurman, Kelly, Reed, FredEx, Kyle Williams, Fergy, OJ, Moulds, Biscuit