HM:

Bryce Paup

Reggie McKenzie

Kyle Williams

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great topic! I'm gonna miss the off-season, but HOPEFULLY next off-season will be much shorter..

10. Paul McGuire

9. Tony Greene

8. Tom Sestak

7. Joe Feruson

6. Andre Reed

5. Joe Cribbs

4. Butch Byrd

3. Jack Kemp

2. Jim Kelly

1. Bob Chandler

Darick Holmes

Fred Smerlas

Reggie McKenzie

Eric Moulds

Thurman Thomas

Marlon Kerner

Bruce Smith

Stevie Johnson

Nickel Robey

Terrell Owens

I like these TEN because they TIPPED a SKYCAP when they checked their luggage CURBSIDE!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Marlon Briscoe

Mini Max Anderson

Lou Piccone

John Pitts

Mike Stratton

Lucious Sanford

Rob Riddick

Dan Darrah

Preston Reidelbuber

Pete Gogalak

I used to love Lucius Sanford (old number 57 out of Ga. Tech) as a kid--my favorite Bills player of that era for his name alone!

Seen just about every game since OJ's rookie year.

First 5 are easy:

1. OJ

2. Bruce

3. Jimbo

4. Thurman

5. Andre

Next 5 are harder, but I'll say

Robert James

Billy Shaw

Tom Sestak

Jerry Butler

Butch Byrd

Favorite Whipping Boys

1. Ralph

2. Brain Dead Drew

3. Lil Donte

4. Fergy

5. Mike Puddinhead Williams

6. JP

7. Kelsay

8. Fina

9. Marv as GM

10. Meathead

Per Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Shaw

Shaw is the only player ever inducted to the Pro Football Hall of Fame without ever playing in the NFL

10. Leonard Smith

9. Tasker

8. Marv Levy

7. Cornelius Bennett

6. Smerlas

5. Sam Adams

4. Antwan Winfield

3. Bruuuuuuce

2. Jim Kelly

1. OJ

Favorite. Not nec. best. But my favorite Bills to cheer for, and to want to be when I was a kid outside playing football, or would want to meet. Or be proud to wear a jersey of.

Every person on this list could, and did, change games single-handedly.

No WRs or CBs (other than Winfield) would be even top 25. Thurman was efficient and effective, kinda like Fred Jackson, but didnt really have star power (not excellent at any one thing) and would probably be #11 out of 10. Honorable mention to guys like Billy Shaw, Reuben Brown, Kent Hull, pat Williams, Sam Cowart, Talley, Lamonica, Kyle Williams.

Thurman was league MVP in '91. Offensive player of the year in '92. A player who isn't excellent at any one thing does not win those types of awards. I would contend he was an excellent runner, one of the best in his generation along with Sanders and Smith. He was the best pass catching RB in the league in his generation. He was Marshall Faulk before Marshall Faulk. He ran pass routes that WR's ran, not just catch swing passes out of the backfield. And pass protection? He routinely kept LB's and DE's off of Kelly and Reich.

My 10, not in any order, and only inclusive of players I actually saw play (but respect to the champions of the 60's):

The Juice

Bruce

Andre Reed

Darryl Talley

Jim Kelly

Charles Romes

Jerry Butler

Thurman Thomas

Joe D.

Biscuit

Thurman was league MVP in '91. Offensive player of the year in '92. A player who isn't excellent at any one thing does not win those types of awards. I would contend he was an excellent runner, one of the best in his generation along with Sanders and Smith. He was the best pass catching RB in the league in his generation. He was Marshall Faulk before Marshall Faulk. He ran pass routes that WR's ran, not just catch swing passes out of the backfield. And pass protection? He routinely kept LB's and DE's off of Kelly and Reich.

Yeah, yeah.

But my problem with thurman was always that there were other players in the league i'd rather take over him.

If I had one game (in the early 90s) and could choose 1 RB, he'd be in the convo, but i'm probably going with Roger Craig, who could also do it all.

Seen just about every game since OJ's rookie year.

First 5 are easy:

1. OJ

2. Bruce

3. Jimbo

4. Thurman

5. Andre

Next 5 are harder, but I'll say

Robert James

Billy Shaw

Tom Sestak

Jerry Butler

Butch Byrd

I think this is a great list. I might swap A. Winfield or K. Hull (personal favorites) for Butler. As a side note, as a kid I was trying to show my dad a "science trick" I had learned while he was greeting Butch Byrd at the front door. My sister used to baby sit for the Byrds and I spent some time with his son. That just may have saved my life when the egg expolded all over his suit.

I think this is a great list. I might swap A. Winfield or K. Hull (personal favorites) for Butler. As a side note, as a kid I was trying to show my dad a "science trick" I had learned while he was greeting Butch Byrd at the front door. My sister used to baby sit for the Byrds and I spent some time with his son. That just may have saved my life when the egg expolded all over his suit.

Butch Byrd's son George watches the games with us every week at Bills Backers of LA. He's a great guy.

Butch Byrd's son George watches the games with us every week at Bills Backers of LA. He's a great guy.

Oh Lord, I believe we traded football cards in my basement as a kid. I thought "this is no fair, you know actually KNOW these guys!" That was around 5th grade for me. I think he was a year behind. He'll probably remember life at Oakbrook. My sister would baby sit at their place and we'd watch some games on TV at their place.

One thing I don't understand is how Booker Edgerson got so much recent love from the team compared to Butch. I thought Butch was just outstanding compared to Booker who was good but not great. Maybe Butch was just flashier & I was too young to know better, cause I also thought Dennis Shaw was going to be a star, he did win Rookie ofThe Year after all lol.

I remember Butch lined up across from Paul Warfield all game long. That tells you what they thought of Butch. Plus, he didn't kill me (or even flinch) when I spewed raw egg all over his suit as a 10 year old. I'm a fan!

Just for giggles... I am 31 and have only watched football for about 20 yrs now. So i would say, in no order

Mario Williams

Pat Williams

Sam Coward

Eric Moulds

Pretty much the whole line for the Thurman years

Nate Odomes

Nate Clements

Bruce Smith

Bryce Paup

London Fletcher

Travis Henry

I need to pay more attention to offense lol

1. Takeo Spikes

2. Kelly

3. Mario

4. Bruce

5. Dareus

6. Molds

7. Flutie

8. Thurman

9. Andre

10. Sam Adams

Not in any order.

Spikes was a tough one to leave off... I could replace Cowart and Paup with him. But didnt Paup give us a pro-bowl season and Cowart was on track to be a tackling machine. Spike was a beast though.