Church Shooting

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yet again, just getting worse now ....

Three Killed, Seven Injured in Louisiana Theater Shooting

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/two-killed-least-six-injured-louisiana-theater-shooting-n397586

Three people dead...one of which is the shooter...and you think things are getting worse?

Hell...in Chicago they call this Saturday morning.

So if I'm understanding correctly... LA allows for concealed and open carry... why didn't any "good guys" stop the "bad guy"? Lack of gun carriers in the theater? Lack of training? Should it be mandatory to arm and train all mentally healthy adults at this point?

So if I'm understanding correctly... LA allows for concealed and open carry... why didn't any "good guys" stop the "bad guy"? Lack of gun carriers in the theater? Lack of training? Should it be mandatory to arm and train all mentally healthy adults at this point?

Gun Free Zone :oops:

The theater was a gun free zone? Should the theater owners be charged with accessory to murder or something?

Elaborate please?

How is it not within the rights of the theatre owner to prohibit carrying a firearm on private property?

Elaborate please?

How is it not within the rights of the theatre owner to prohibit carrying a firearm on private property?

Because it goes against state and federal rights, no? I mean, it's obvious that gun controls do absolutely no good in stopping criminals, so what's the answer?

Because it goes against state and federal rights, no? I mean, it's obvious that gun controls do absolutely no good in stopping criminals, so what's the answer?

Sarcasm is hard for some to pull off...........you should avoid it.

INDIVIDUALS have rights..............not the state and federal governments.

The theater owner can ban guns............and I can choose to not attend his theater.

Edited by B-Man

State and Federal rights are irrelevant. The property holder has the right to do what they want on their private property. If the property owner wants to be a dumbass on their property, it is their right to do so.

As a consumer, I try to avoid gun free zones when possible

If you really want to lay blame on the theatre owner, maybe a case could be made for a civil wrongful death suit. By enacting a gun free zone, the theatre chain hinders the natural right of self defense. It's a weak case since it could also be argued that the patrons waived this right by agreeing to the Terms of Service

That is one concept most Lefties have a difficult time grasping

Sarcasm is hard for some to pull off...........you should avoid it.

The theater owner can ban guns............and I can choose to not attend his theater.

Not being sarcastic. I'm on record in saying that gun control laws will not work in this country, due to supply and social issues.

State and Federal rights are irrelevant. The property holder has the right to do what they want on their private property. If the property owner wants to be a dumbass on their property, it is their right to do so.

As a consumer, I try to avoid gun free zones when possible

If you really want to lay blame on the theatre owner, maybe a case could be made for a civil wrongful death suit. By enacting a gun free zone, the theatre chain hinders the natural right of self defense. It's a weak case since it could also be argued that the patrons waived this right by agreeing to the Terms of Service

That is one concept most Lefties have a difficult time grasping

Should private property allow one to take away an individual's rights?

As far as my quote on rights, I was referring to the individual's rights according to state and federal law, my apologies for mistyping.