Church Shooting

It's impossible to express have absolutely LITTLE this has to do with jackschitt anything.

i'm not the one directing this tangential line. i answered 3rd eyes question. shoulda ended there. but now i'm thoroughly intrigued by d/c's graduating class.

Alumni of my two alma maters (prep school and college) include dozens of governors, hundreds of congressmen and senators, three USSC justices, countless high profile inventors and scientists, the founders of many major finance companies, hundreds of artists, artists, authors, several high profile newspaper editors, countless dignitaries, a few foreign royals, and one US president.

Do I win?

i wonder how many of them summarily fired their servants right after Christmas cuz they requested raises. and how many play golf with busy professionals who drop their schedules last minute to have the honor to play with them. yeah, you win.

Edited by birdog1960

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not the one directing this tangential line. i answered 3rd eyes question. shoulda ended there. but now i'm thouroughly intrigued by d/c's graduating class.

i wonder how many of them summarily fired their servants right after Christmas cuz they requested raises. and how many play golf with busy professionals who drop their schedules last minute to have the honor to play with them. yeah, you win.

No, you're the one who established this tangential line.

You invest more in to judging people by irrelevancies than anyone I've ever seen.

It depends. Did they read the classics?

I'm not sure, but at least two that I am aware of wrote some of the classics.

Royalty has servants. I have at will employees.

Oh, and the guys I golf with have all read the classics.

No, you're the one who established this tangential line.

You invest more in to judging people by irrelevancies than anyone I've ever seen.

it's not as much about judging as it's about peeling away layers of rotten onion. the last few pages have been pretty successful. thing is, even after those are peeled you still have an onion.

it's not as much about judging as it's about peeling away layers of rotten onion. the last few pages have been pretty successful. thing is, even after those are peeled you still have an onion.

You do make me cry...

Is "Atlas Shrugged" one of the classics?

what do you think? i'm betting it's not on any faculty reading list at milton. tasker likely went lone wolf on that one at his schools. i'm thinking his friends simultaneously reading "beyond good and evil" ridiculed him a bit.

Is "Atlas Shrugged" one of the classics?

I'm still trying to find a pre-revision copy of We the Living that isn't $300+. It's a rare book, but there's gotta be a sucker out there somewhere who doesn't know it...

what do you think? i'm betting it's not on any faculty reading list at milton. tasker likely went lone wolf on that one at his schools. i'm thinking his friends simultaneously reading "beyond good and evil" ridiculed him a bit.

It was required reading, right along with Voltaire, Swift, Huxley, Cervantes, Orwell Et al.

I'm still trying to find a pre-revision copy of We the Living that isn't $300+. It's a rare book, but there's gotta be a sucker out there somewhere who doesn't know it...

There's a first edition copy, signed by Rand, listed on eBay right now for $15,000

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

It was required reading, right along with Voltaire, Swift, Huxley, Cervantes, Orwell Et al.

There's a first edition copy, signed by Rand, listed on eBay right now for $15,000

hmmm... an idaho boarding school? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/06/ayn-rand-idaho_n_2631414.html

then there's this wsj writer that seems to disagree with your outlier school: http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2008/04/11/capitalism-shrugged-should-ayn-rand-be-required-reading/

Edited by birdog1960

So the definition of "classic" is "on the faculty reading list at Milton?"

Keep digging...