Church Shooting

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The US has the most liberal gun rights in industrialized countries and we have the highest gun crime rates.

So more than let's say Syria? What are the stats if we include crimes committed with bombs, knives and fire?

Edited by keepthefaith

you didn't understand the quote that you reproduced. it's about both. it's about theory and practicality (and one becoming the other).. the arts and sciences. life experiences and library time. they are all complementary and necessary for full understanding.

that's why you don't understand. barbers never taught me a thing. (really? barbers?) coaches were mostly uninspiring and pretty intellectually light weight. teachers, parents, relatives? yeah, they mattered. but the great minds throughout history also taught them.

I gave the classics their due when I stated "The classics are wonderful and are certainly a relevant factor in molding young minds." Only you would take exception to my use of a barber as someone who might have a profound affect on a person's life. The point that your elitist mind missed was that I was simply saying anyone could be an inspiration in someone else's life. All is not lost though. Your post that I've quoted above puts you in the running for the Weekly Gator Sound Alike Award.

Attack the things that people care about, then lie about who they are and why they care about those things... And you wonder why they rally around it?

That's what he does on every issue. It gives him comfort and security in his beliefs without having to challenge them. It also allows him to feel superior without having to address the substance of the arguments. It's funny because he purports to be a caring, enlightened, compassionate pacifist of high virtue, yet he's clearly an angry and spiteful guy who casts righteous judgment and scorn upon all who have a different point of view. And he rationalizes it by attributing all of their differences to moral depravity. Edited by Rob's House

That's what he does on every issue. It gives him comfort and security in his beliefs without having to challenge them. It also allows him to feel superior without having to address the substance of the arguments. It's funny because he purports to be a caring, enlightened, compassionate pacifist of high virtue, yet he's clearly an angry and spiteful guy who casts righteous judgment and scorn upon all who have a different point of view. And he rationalizes it by attributing all to their differences to moral depravity.

If you had read the classics you obviously wouldn't be talking this way.

Held without bail because they found a picture of Nathan Bedford Forrest, Nazi paraphernalia, and Confederate flags.

That's great. I guess I better hide my biographies of Forrest and Jackson, my copy of Mein Kampf, my collection of bin Laden's speeches and statements, and my illuminated 16th century Koran.

Held without bail because they found a picture of Nathan Bedford Forrest, Nazi paraphernalia, and Confederate flags.

That's great. I guess I better hide my biographies of Forrest and Jackson, my copy of Mein Kampf, my collection of bin Laden's speeches and statements, and my illuminated 16th century Koran.

There's a biography out on Freddie Jackson?

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats, Mr Roof. I blame you (because it's just as rational to blame you as it is to blame guns for the acts of an insane !@#$)

In the 23-page document faxed to ABC News, the writer says “MY NAME IS BRYCE WILLIAMS” and his legal name is Vester Lee Flanagan II” He writes what triggered today’s carnage was his reaction to the racism of the Charleston church shooting:

“Why did I do it? I put down a deposit for a gun on 6/19/15. The Church shooting in Charleston happened on 6/17/15…”

“What sent me over the top was the church shooting. And my hollow point bullets have the victims’ initials on them."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-alleged-gunman-details-grievances-suicide-notes/story?id=33336339