OL Nate Isles, Wayne Hunter trying out for Bills

Hunter is mentioned a lot in Collision Low Crossers --has not played in two years...Rex thought he had tremendous talent and had a really nasty temper.

https://books.google.com/books?id=8VkNb4F03TgC&pg=PT347&lpg=PT347&dq=collision+low+crossers+wayne+hunter&source=bl&ots=DBa_Wwjmf3&sig=kQTJKVqorGgMC79j1Ift2wtShng&hl=en&sa=X&ei=YuWBVZO_A5DcgwTe8IGACw&ved=0CCUQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=collision%20low%20crossers%20wayne%20hunter&f=false

He told Aaron Maybin he would break him in half! Lmao. :worthy:

"When Hunter got angry, 'better bring a knife and a stun gun,'" said the security director.

Edited by Bubbles from Sunnyvale

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan says he expects the Bills to sign Wayne Hunter before training camp. Tried out the past two days.

Hunter is one of Rex's cronies. Rex has a Hawaiian style tattoo on his leg that he got years back to help convince Hunter to re sign with the jets.

Hunter is one of Rex's cronies. Rex has a Hawaiian style tattoo on his leg that he got years back to help convince Hunter to re sign with the jets.

I'm starting to wonder about old Rex. The Jets were stacked when he got there, and they had success, and then they took steps backwards as I recall. QB

selections come to mind and I wonder how much input Rex was given there?

Rex: I think Hunter will be signed

It wasn’t an absolute, but according to head coach Rex Ryan is sounds like veteran offensive tackle Wayne Hunter, who came in on a tryout basis during Buffalo’s mandatory minicamp may soon be a Buffalo Bill.

Hunter participated in his second straight minicamp practices with the Bills, albeit on a limited basis.

I'm starting to wonder about old Rex. The Jets were stacked when he got there, and they had success, and then they took steps backwards as I recall. QB

selections come to mind and I wonder how much input Rex was given there?

you wonder how much input he had on the QBs selected in the draft? Or the draft as a whole? Or personnel in general? With Tannenbaum or Idzik or both? Just trying to figure out your question. Edited by YoloinOhio

you wonder how much input he had on the QBs selected in the draft? Or the draft as a whole? Or personnel in general? With Tannenbaum or Idzik or both? Just trying to figure out your question.

I am pro-Rex and excited he is here, but when Marrone came on board he was hammered around here for his cronyism, particularly with his coaching staff. Rex has done the same if not more, with both players and coaches, and you don't hear a word about it. I just find that interesting. If they wanted a tackle, there is certainly one out there that is better than a marginal player who has been out of the league for two full seasons.

It likely has to do with Rex coming from an NFL team vs Marrones Syracuse cronyism

Edited by FluffHead

I am pro-Rex and excited he is here, but when Marrone came on board he was hammered around here for his cronyism, particularly with his coaching staff. Rex has done the same if not more, with both players and coaches, and you don't hear a word about it. I just find that interesting. If they wanted a tackle, there is certainly one out there that is better than a marginal player who has been out of the league for two full seasons.

It likely has to do with Rex coming from an NFL team vs Marrones Syracuse cronyism

they needed a vet OT for camp and they got one, for vet min. Doubt he makes the team but if there's any injury at least rex knows what he has. I've never criticized any NFL coach for "cronyism", ever. It happens on every staff of every team and imo I don't see the negativity around it.

All coaches have that cronyism, and why wouldn't you.

The funny part about Marrone's is, the two biggest names of the guys he brought with him from Syracuse were Hackett and Donnie Henderson, and Henderson is one of the best position coaches in the NFL now.

they needed a vet OT for camp and they got one, for vet min. Doubt he makes the team but if there's any injury at least rex knows what he has. I've never criticized any NFL coach for "cronyism", ever. It happens on every staff of every team and imo I don't see the negativity around it.

I agree. Just pointing out that Marrone was panned for it.

Just as I'm writing this Rex brings in another former jet in TE Matthew mulligan

All coaches have that cronyism, and why wouldn't you.

Exactly. And look where Hackett is now. The criticism of Maronne's hires is that they were weak in NFL experience.

The funny part about Marrone's is, the two biggest names of the guys he brought with him from Syracuse were Hackett and Donnie Henderson, and Henderson is one of the best position coaches in the NFL now.

Just as I'm writing this Rex brings in another former jet in TE Matthew mulligan

About time The Bills got a mulligan.

i guess I assume it would be the same people who criticized Marrone, would criticize Rex for it Edited by YoloinOhio

i guess I assume it would be the same people who criticized Marrone, would criticize Rex for it

I was one and I have. I think Marrone's biggest mistake was not looking at coaches working for Bills and not keeping the better ones (prime example OL coach Joe D). Rex at least kept several coaches and even if their influence was lower in new organization and others had opportunities bu declined. Someone who worked hard for an organization should not automatically be kicked out because a new lead comes in; it has happened to me several times.

Regarding his signing of former players it may be one of the reasons why he is looked as a "Player's coach" - he gives players who used to play for him a chance of making roster. Only Harvin has gotten a contract so far which will impact the Bills ability to sign other players.

Marrone hired his college OC and no QB coach his first year, and an OL coach who had been out of football for a year following a stint with that powerhouse, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (which gave up 32 sacks and was 30th in the league for rushing yards.

Rex hired Roman and Kromer -enough said. and while yes, he brought assistants from the Jets, they're all pretty much legit NFL-quality coaches.

Who would you like to see them bring in at tackle for league minimum as a vet camp body?

Marrone hired his college OC and no QB coach his first year, and an OL coach who had been out of football for a year following a stint with that powerhouse, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (which gave up 32 sacks and was 30th in the league for rushing yards.

Rex hired Roman and Kromer -enough said. and while yes, he brought assistants from the Jets, they're all pretty much legit NFL-quality coaches.

Who would you like to see them bring in at tackle for league minimum as a vet camp body?

I understand the fourth or fifth tackle is likely a camp body, all I'm saying is the reason Wayne hunter, someone who was terrible his last two years in the league, and then was out of the league an additional two years, is being signed to the bills is because he is Rex's guy. There is likely a better option out there, even if it ends up being inconsequential as both would likely be cut.

Mike Rodak @mikerodak 54s54 seconds ago

Former Jets OT Wayne Hunter is trying out for the Bills today.

But no Mathis, Russ is cheap.

are they not happy with Miller?

should do well with Richie