Bills' Mandatory Minicamp: June 16-18

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to read too much into this, but man it really sounds like our offense is going to be rough again this year. Maybe some day will get a QB and a competent OL.

All we have to do is get to average. That's not even particularly impressive when you really look at middle of the pack teams.

I would expect the defense to be much better right now than the offense for several reasons.

Obviously they are much more talented, especially going against the front four, which is healthy and deep.

The defense is learning a semi new system, too, and Rex/DT have to teach them how aggressive they want them to be, which is substantial. Eric Wood mentioned it in his recent interview. This makes it hard on the offense in the 11-11 drills. They are not only the most aggressive defensive coaches but they are good at disguising stuff, and they are teaching that to our D now, making it tougher for the offense.

The offense has a new starting WR, a new TE at 1 & 2 one of whom is a rookie, a new starting RB, a new OT for the most part, two new OGs, and those are only starters. They have a new OL coach who is teaching them completely different techniques. All the position coaches are new and that is not the biggest change, it is an entire new offense, which is completely opposite to the one they played in the last two years, and very complicated, with endless variations to it.

Combine that with three separate and entirely different QBs, two of which are new, getting equal shots with the ones, meaning only one third of the time, and you would thoroughly expect, at this juncture, that the defense is abusing the offense.

Bringing back up for those worried about today's reports. Truly, I am not concerned, at this point.

I think we will see a significant improvement on offense this year. Where the strengths of the offense will be in the run game and the short passing game. Weaknesses will be intermediate and deep passing game.

Well, we need to be good in the intermediate-deep area. Our run game will open up opportunities there.

Joe B seems more annoying than I remember with him at WGR

Almost like he wants to be Tim Graham version 2

CBF

Agree, he's never been good, but now he seems like he's trying to be a blatant a-hole.

I hate to read too much into this, but man it really sounds like our offense is going to be rough again this year. Maybe some day we'll get a QB and a competent OL.

So don't.

I get the impression that he thinks he is being hip/funny/entertaining on twitter. He's not.

Oh, he thinks he's the hippest dude around with his #getwoke and fancy socks photos.