Shady makes me shady

If a fan expects to like the personality of every player on the team, said fan is going to be disappointed pretty quickly.

As long as this cat produces on the football field and doesn't get into any legal trouble off of it, I couldn't care less what he says or does.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a fan expects to like the personality of every player on the team, said fan is going to be disappointed pretty quickly.

As long as this cat produces on the football field and doesn't get into any legal trouble off of it, I couldn't care less what he says or does.

+1

+ 1/2. I would prefer him to not be a douche or create distractions, but I can't fault a guy for being young and hotheaded sometimes, then SHUTTING UP ABOUT IT.

+ 1/2. I would prefer him to not be a douche or create distractions, but I can't fault a guy for being young and hotheaded sometimes, then SHUTTING UP ABOUT IT.

Well, sure, of course we would all prefer that. I have to admit, however, that having some "edgy" characters on the team makes it a little more interesting.

Significantly? I wouldn't call going from 1600 yds to 1300 yds significant. His ypc was still above league average as well. He went from leading the league in rushing to third in the league. That's with Kelly taking him out of games, and injuries along the Eagles offensive line. I also believe his statistics, if that's what's important to you, improved as the season went along, and again, that's with him being removed from games in favor of Sproles. I'll take Shady's "down" year from any RB, in any year and be happy.

Yes significantly. He had the same amount of carries as the year before but 300 less rushing yards. He also had 400 less receiving yards (ypr dropped 5 yds) which dropped his total production by a full third on 28 less touches YoY. His TD total also plummeted from 11 to 5. If that isn't significant I don't know what is.

You can chalk it up to less touches but he's expected to be the work horse here in a downhill offense and he doesn't have Sproles behind him here. Also, If you think his Oline was bad in Philly what do you think he has in Buffalo?

He's clearly not handled leaving Philly well. If the Bills don't have the season that everyone is dreaming of I would bet that he becomes more of a distraction than a leader.

Edited by John Cocktosten

I doubt if Shady will become one of my favorite players. But he's not one of the NFL's bad boys either.

I would prefer to like and respect the players I cheer on but I know young football players are never paragons of enlightened virtue.

So I'll be screaming like crazy when Shady runs 40 yards past the Pats defenders into the endzone.

I doubt if Shady will become one of my favorite players. But he's not one of the NFL's bad boys either.

I would prefer to like and respect the players I cheer on but I know young football players are never paragons of enlightened virtue.

So I'll be screaming like crazy when Shady runs 40 yards past the Pats defenders into the endzone.

I have many faults here but I try to be consistent. I didn't like when he was on the PAts and didn't really like him here. I hated TO and wasn't a giant fan just because he was on the Bills. I don't hate McCoy but he isn't the most likable person in the world. Personally, when you kept the white trash looking wr who yells the N word, I see his point on Kelly. But he should have kept that silent.

But the other stuff is overblown. He is not committing crimes. Mostly likely, he is an entitled immature football player. He's not the first and he's not the last. So I won't buy a jersey but I'll root for him like I did Travis Henry and Lynch (who did far worse and is now a hero).

I don't like McCoy's personality either. He reminds me of a toned-down version of Floyd Mayweather. And I have my doubts about how good he'll be here. And I hated giving up Kiko for him.

But I like winning more than I dislike dumb Bills players, so yap away Shady. Just bring it on Sundays.

You're right. It's a shame we gave up a rocket scientist like Kiko for dumb McCoy.

I have many faults here but I try to be consistent. I didn't like when he was on the PAts and didn't really like him here. I hated TO and wasn't a giant fan just because he was on the Bills. I don't hate McCoy but he isn't the most likable person in the world. Personally, when you kept the white trash looking wr who yells the N word, I see his point on Kelly. But he should have kept that silent.

But the other stuff is overblown. He is not committing crimes. Mostly likely, he is an entitled immature football player. He's not the first and he's not the last. So I won't buy a jersey but I'll root for him like I did Travis Henry and Lynch (who did far worse and is now a hero).

You're right. It's a shame we gave up a rocket scientist like Kiko for dumb McCoy.

Cooking with Kiko was pure genius.

I get where you are going with that, but actually in this case he would have two figurative chips on his shoulder. His production would surely go down if a 200 lb man was weighing him down every time he carried the ball.

Lol that made me laugh I guess I didn't mean literally literal

Yes significantly. He had the same amount of carries as the year before but 300 less rushing yards. He also had 400 less receiving yards (ypr dropped 5 yds) which dropped his total production by a full third on 28 less touches YoY. His TD total also plummeted from 11 to 5. If that isn't significant I don't know what is.

So because his production drops off for ONE year he immediatley isnt capable of producing top 5 back seasons anymore? I LOL at this.

You can chalk it up to less touches but he's expected to be the work horse here in a downhill offense and he doesn't have Sproles behind him here. Also, If you think his Oline was bad in Philly what do you think he has in Buffalo?

We are gonna have to discuss O line after the season....we still dont know if lack of talent AND coaching was the problem with that O line which just brought in (maybe) improvements at the guard positions and a real OL coach in Kromer to coach them up....not to mention good fullbacks and TE's that can actually block. At the end of this season we might be viewing this OL in a way different light. And no....he doesnt have Sproles backing him up he has Freddie Jackson......who as a relief pitcher I LOVE.

He's clearly not handled leaving Philly well. If the Bills don't have the season that everyone is dreaming of I would bet that he becomes more of a distraction than a leader.

McCoy WAS eagles football if you have been watching them in recent years......he probably felt like the eagles were as much his team as they were the HC. He does come across as a jilted teenager. There is something to be said about a mega talented RB like McCoy coming into a situation with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove.

Well, sure, of course we would all prefer that. I have to admit, however, that having some "edgy" characters on the team makes it a little more interesting.

Speaking of edgy, I keep seeing your avatar as a donkey's a** with an hors d'ouevre pick stuck up it, which makes me *shudder*.

The point I was trying for, was that people/parts of the media seem intent upon dismembering McCoy for his "racist" comments then "failure" to follow up with Kelly and in media sessions. In contrast, I think if you're a young hotheaded guy who, in the heat of the moment, says something you actually believe (thus aren't going to take back) but know to be controversial/better kept to yourself, your best course of action is "least said soonest mended" and you're under no obligation to subject yourself to potential further sound bites by chatting up the other person involved. I have no problem with McCoy wanting to STFU about it going forward and I don't "get" the rush to pillory him for this.

I was aware of his talent as well as the Shady nickname, I just wasn't aware how bad the Shady was. As each day elapses without his talent making up for his ridiculous comments its very hard finding any reason to like him. First he was sour on going to Buffalo, get it, that's fine. I actually liked the fact that he felt a bit scorned, figured it would be more fuel for the fire this year. As time progressed it seemed like every time he spoke he would say the right thing "I'm happy to be a Buffalo Bill, let's put the past behind" while seconds later a passive aggressive comment would follow about his previous relationship with the Eagles and Kelly. Right when you think he's finally shutting up he repeats the same crap all over again, except this time why not add the race card. After he gets smoked by the media he goes into retreat not addressing his ridiculous comments, he resurfaces somehow angry that he would be asked to discuss them at more length. As I said earlier, the guy needs to get on the field and do it fast. As it stands I have very little reason to like him and can't imagine I'm the only one who feels that way.

Just Google his career stats.

That should do the trick

CBF

I posted this back when he first came here but i thinks it's relevant in case anyone missed it. Espn did a documentary on him back in 2011. This isn't the first time he will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. I think it's a very good thing for a RB to play with an edge. I do not think CJ plays with one. He's still very talented, but he never played angry (that I could tell) like Fred does. Mccoy may have CJ's talent and Fred's edge.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/video?vid=8688334&src=desktop&wjb

His comment speaks poorly of him as a person. He sounds like an ignorant ass.

That said, we will all cheer if he's great.

If he is a bust, his comments will accelerate our hatred of him.

Edited by Kemp

Back in the days before free agency, I got excited to root for individual players even some that weren't really very talented. But for the last 25 years I am strictly a fan of the uniform. I really don't care who is wearing them. When they win I am happy. When they lose I am sad. I don't care two poops for great individual performances that happen during losses or losing seasons.

I will root for McCoy on Sundays as much as I will root for any other Bill. But at the same time I can acknowledge the obvious fact that he acts like a jerk in the press.

If the 'edgy' produces, they will be fan favorites quick. Us fans want results.. Quireboys will be whipping boys after losses.