QB Competition Not Yielding Promising Results Yet

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this really a surprise to anyone? We have 3 QBs competing who aren't any good.; Cassel is a backup that hasn't looked competent as a starter in 5 years. EJ isn't any good and isn't even considered the favorite to win the job which is embarrassing considering where he was drafted and who he's competing against. And Tyrod isn't all that good either but he can run so people are hyping him up as some diamond in the rough. None of our options are any good and being the best of the bunch probably won't say much either.

We have guys struggling to throw the ball in shorts during 7 on 7 and I'm so supposed to expect their level of play to just get better when there's a pass rush and guys are playing at a much faster speed and with greater intensity? The best worst option will start and I can only hope that he doesn't cost us a shot at the playoffs.

Is this really a surprise to anyone? We have 3 QBs competing who aren't any good.; Cassel is a backup that hasn't looked competent as a starter in 5 years. EJ isn't any good and isn't even considered the favorite to win the job which is embarrassing considering where he was drafted and who he's competing against. And Tyrod isn't all that good either but he can run so people are hyping him up as some diamond in the rough. None of our options are any good and being the best of the bunch probably won't say much either.

We have guys struggling to throw the ball in shorts during 7 on 7 and I'm so supposed to expect their level of play to just get better when there's a pass rush and guys are playing at a much faster speed and with greater intensity? The best worst option will start and I can only hope that he doesn't cost us a shot at the playoffs.

It's the acceptance of such blanket statements as, "we have 3 QBs competing who aren't any good..." that leads to taking other statements like, "we don't have LeBron at quarterback..." out of context, and declaring that none of our QBs are "worth a damn." Cassel throws a few balls poorly in the second half of one practice in front of the press, and suddenly, "we have guys struggling to throw the ball in shorts..."

I understand the pessimism. Obviously. It's a way of life, here. But, overstating by oversimplifying doesn't do much to add to the conversation.

But, I do understand the pessimism.

...sigh... I do.

repetition repetition repetition

this rotating scheme may not be the best way to do it. or at least do 1 full day with the #1's, the next with the #2's etc etc

this constant rotation might be making it hard for the receivers to get in synch with the QB

just a thought

this rotating scheme may not be the best way to do it. or at least do 1 full day with the #1's, the next with the #2's etc etc

this constant rotation might be making it hard for the receivers to get in synch with the QB

just a thought

Not a bad thought. There has to be something said for constantly working with different guys. Hopefully, when they decide that guy can get the reps with the 1's.

Not a bad thought. There has to be something said for constantly working with different guys. Hopefully, when they decide that guy can get the reps with the 1's.

That's why it's a fools' errand to try to discern anything before July, especially since the No. 1 WR hasn't participated, and most throws have gone to guys who'll be mopping up the floors in September.

They are working all FOUR (4) QBs out in O.P. and the early word on the street seems to be none of them are worth a damned.

Comments? Questions? Concerns?

http://www.wgr550.com/Ryan-Safe-to-say-there-s-no-LeBron-at-QB/21621739

http://www.wgr550.com/Ryan-leaves-door-open-for-QB-race-to-go-til-week-o/21622571

They haven't even got to camp yet

Edited by Max997

EJ beating out competition

If Bills’ third year quarterback EJ Manuel wants to win the starting position he will have to beat out Matt Cassel, Tyrod Taylor and Matt Simms.

Manuel might just do that.

According to NJ.com, Manuel rotated into the first-team offense during OTAs with Cassel and he looked sharper than his veteran counterpart. Manuel did most of his damage in the middle of the field and on intermediate routes, but he seemed a bit more confident going through his progressions than Cassel.

That's why it's a fools' errand to try to discern anything before July, especially since the No. 1 WR hasn't participated, and most throws have gone to guys who'll be mopping up the floors in September.

Also new offense. Someone asked if there is any reason to expect the QBs to get better when the pads go on, and I think yes because the offense is new. Also because the #1 receiver is out, and we have new players at TE, RB, and WR2.

EJ beating out competition

If Bills’ third year quarterback EJ Manuel wants to win the starting position he will have to beat out Matt Cassel, Tyrod Taylor and Matt Simms.

Manuel might just do that.

According to NJ.com, Manuel rotated into the first-team offense during OTAs with Cassel and he looked sharper than his veteran counterpart. Manuel did most of his damage in the middle of the field and on intermediate routes, but he seemed a bit more confident going through his progressions than Cassel.

Good news. At least, he's getting the offense.

just a thought

That is why they plan on doing it for a while........

Im fine with the way they are handling it