Bills "triplets" rank 23rd in NFL

That's looks pretty decent considering noe of these guys have ever played together and you really don't know

what they wll get from Casell or even McCoy with his age/Carries?

Where would you have them?

FWIW: I always wish they could have gotten Alex Smith somehow a couple years ago when he was available.

That's looks pretty decent considering noe of these guys have ever played together and you really don't know

what they wll get from Casell or even McCoy with his age/Carries?

Where would you have them?

FWIW: I always wish they could have gotten Alex Smith somehow a couple years ago when he was available.

mccoy with his age? Isn't he like 26?

I think it's probably about right. They would be top 10 with a good qb.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If you give the following rankings for each player and do some math, their ranking tells me they don't think a lot of this group.

Cassel # 30

Sammy # 15

McCoy # 10

55 / 3 = 18 +

???

mccoy with his age? Isn't he like 26?

Understood, it's just from what I understand he's been used quite a bit, and at the point where many RBs start to decline, if he hasnt already.

I also don't know how effective a RB will be behind this O-line, whatever that ends up being.

How many carries, yards/carry, do you think he has in him this year?

If you give the following rankings for each player and do some math, their ranking tells me they don't think a lot of this group.

Cassel # 30

Sammy # 15

McCoy # 10

55 / 3 = 18 +

???

Understood, it's just from what I understand he's been used quite a bit, and at the point where many RBs start to decline, if he hasnt already.

I also don't know how effective a RB will be behind this O-line, whatever that ends up being.

its probably a situation where once you get past the top 15, the rest kind of get mashed together.

Cassel # 30

Sammy # 15

McCoy # 10

55 / 3 = 18 +

???

15-20 carries per game. Not sure about ypc. Need to see run blocking in TC. Scheme + Felton will be huge. Edited by YoloinOhio

Right. He will be 27 when the season starts, actually next month, and hasn't had quite as many carries as I though.

He is right at that point where RBs start to trend down.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12514/lesean-mccoy

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1271412-why-and-when-do-nfl-running-backs-start-to-decline

Right. He will be 27 when the season starts, actually next month, and hasn't had quite as many carries as I though.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1271412-why-and-when-do-nfl-running-backs-start-to-decline

You have to take running style into affect when looking at McCoy

Very Thurman THomas like in his career.....he probably has at least 3 years of high production left in him

his running style avoids hits; it's not really something I'm worried about but JMO. He's special. Kind of beats to his own drum but hes a beast on the field.

his running style avoids hits; it's not really something I'm worried about but JMO. He's special. Kind of beats to his own drum but hes a beast on the field.

Agreed. He is pretty good at catching the ball also.

The article about why and when RBs decline, is about the RBs who hit 370 carries per year. What does that have to do with Shady? He's only had 2 years over 300 and his biggest year was 314. McCoy doesn't take many direct hits and even fewer big hits. If he was Marshawn Lynch, who takes a boat load of big hits trying to stay up, I would be worried. Lynch has 600 more carries and is 2+ years older and still hit 1,300 yards last year. No way McCoy is the 10th best RB in the league. How do you come to that conclusion? In the last 4 years he's finished top 4, 3 out of the 4 years, including #1 in 2013.

I don't care how our triplets are ranked now. I care how they're ranked at the end of the season.

We don't even know who are QB will be. Sammy is just a sophomore and will be playing with a new starting quarterback. Shady has never run in a Bills uniform before and Roman has never coordinated a Bills O before.

It's all a bunch of questions.

Cassel # 30

Sammy # 15

McCoy # 10

55 / 3 = 18 +

???

But if you assume QB is weighted at 50% and the others at 25% it would be 85/4 = 21.25, pretty close to 23.

In other words, this is just another way of saying "it's all for naught unless one of these QBs steps up". Fingers crossed.

[quote name="YoloinOhio" post="3576729" timestamp="1433693040"

I agree, the QB position is holding back the dynamic duo of Chris Hogan and Bryce Brown. Oh, wait....

It was nice to see Kelly, Thurman and Reed at #4 in the Super Bowl era, and of course this biased guy could agrue they should be a little higher.

But if you assume QB is weighted at 50% and the others at 25% it would be 85/4 = 21.25, pretty close to 23.

In other words, this is just another way of saying "it's all for naught unless one of these QBs steps up". Fingers crossed.

Good post. I think that really is the general consensus. Thanks for reminding us about weighting the values . well done.

Cassel is a Journeyman QB

Sammy had a pretty average rookie WR season considering where he was drafted

McCoy comes to a Bills offense whose weakest link is the OL. Will he get room to run, cut etc. He had a fantastic OL in Philadelphia.

The article about why and when RBs decline, is about the RBs who hit 370 carries per year. What does that have to do with Shady? He's only had 2 years over 300 and his biggest year was 314. McCoy doesn't take many direct hits and even fewer big hits. If he was Marshawn Lynch, who takes a boat load of big hits trying to stay up, I would be worried. Lynch has 600 more carries and is 2+ years older and still hit 1,300 yards last year. No way McCoy is the 10th best RB in the league. How do you come to that conclusion? In the last 4 years he's finished top 4, 3 out of the 4 years, including #1 in 2013.

Players tend to be ranked worse when they join the Bills.

McCoy comes to a Bills offense whose weakest link is the OL. Will he get room to run, cut etc. He had a fantastic OL in Philadelphia.

This has zero to do with when someone was drafted. Sammy is a game changing #1 wideout

Cassel and Shady have both had pro bowl seasons, but as someone else mentioned earlier, none of these three have played a real snap together so they're tough to rank.

Frank Gore is 32 and has had some of his best years, the past 4 years, with Roman as his coordinator.

McCoy has at least 3 more solid, very good years in him, in my opinion.

With his role and what they are paying him...I expect a pro-bowl caliber year from him.

You have to take running style into affect when looking at McCoy

Very Thurman THomas like in his career.....he probably has at least 3 years of high production left in him

Look up Thurman's #s post-26. It'll surprise you.

"pretty average" rookie season? He was one of 9 WRs in the last decade to have at least 65 catches and 980 yards in his rookie season. That's while injured, double teamed, playing with bad QBs and coaches who didn't know how to get him the ball. Edited by YoloinOhio

"pretty average" rookie season? He was one of 9 WRs in the last decade to have at least 65 catches and 980 yards in his rookie season. That's while injured, double teamed, playing with bad QBs and coaches who didn't know how to get him the ball.

Yea but OBJ and that catch and stuff.....