What is the point of Matt Simms?

Well, if EJ Manuel can't play, neither can Simms. They are both gabage. Whaley has yet to draft a QB he can call his own.

And if Matt Simms is the QB that is "next up," this team might go 4-12.

Yes, I am stupid because I have an opinion and it differs from yours...I just don't drink the Kool-Aid.

Let me know who is left on your Matt Simms Bandwagon come August.

EDIT: Still waiting to hear a legitimate reason why a team as QB-needy as the Bills, let this QB walk for nothing?

Dear Bubbles I was not calling you stupid. my comments were to those you spoke may have been speaking of.

criticizing those thrashing EJ while the others have not proven themselves as well.

on second look I may not have read your post correctly,

clarification are you saying that they all suck? which is debatable.

IMO EJ can play, otherwise his overall record would be worse that 4-6. the extent of his abilities has not been fully vetted.

this v

But, people all say EJ Manuel can't play and will never be an NFL QB, and you rather keep this over the Bills 1st round draft pick from 2013? Matt Simms is straight garbage. He is nothing more than a camp arm and practice squad player.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to mention what the point of Matt Simms is.... but there is a possibility we just might be in need of another (healthy) QB who has worked in the system. Now I'm knocking on wood....

I think it's two fold.

1- Injury, if you lose a QB having a 4th one in camp is a good thing.

2- Competition. If one of the three QB's plays poorly it is always a good motivator to have a 4th guy waiting in the wings to try and take someones job.

My first thoughts when we signed him:

(1) camp arm

(2) Rex likes the way he runs the scout team.

Curious to hear Rex the other day saying we may have LeBrons other places but we don't have a LeBron at QB. It's always nice to have a coach who believes in you!

My first thoughts when we signed him:

(1) camp arm

(2) Rex likes the way he runs the scout team.

Curious to hear Rex the other day saying we may have LeBrons other places but we don't have a LeBron at QB. It's always nice to have a coach who believes in you!

i think he was just trying to be funny. He used a very relevant reference to a player who is one of the greatest of all time at his sport and can carry his team to wins in the playoffs. The point has been made by others including Whaley, just in different ways. The QBs know where they stand. None of the 3 have proven anything yet. Edited by YoloinOhio

i think he was just trying to be funny. He used a very relevant reference to a player who is one of the greatest of all time at his sport and can carry his team to wins in the playoffs. The point has been made by others including Whaley, just in different ways. The QBs know where they stand. None of the 3 have proven anything yet.

Yolo, I agree with you. The comment was both funny and true. Still if I'm MC, TT or EJ, my feelings were probably a little hurt and maybe - just maybe - it creates a little more self-doubt which isn't a good thing.

If I'm Simms, however, I'm probably encouraged that the HC doesn't have a glowing opinion of the competition.

Yolo, I agree with you. The comment was both funny and true. Still if I'm MC, TT or EJ, my feelings were probably a little hurt and maybe - just maybe - it creates a little more self-doubt which isn't a good thing.

If I'm Simms, however, I'm probably encouraged that the HC doesn't have a glowing opinion of the competition.

If you're going to be a franchise QB, it shouldn't create self-doubt. It should be fuel for the fire.

funny but his brother Chris said Tyrod would be the starter :bag:

what a nice brother

i don't think anyone is considering Matt Simms to be competing for the starting position, realistically. He is competing for a roster spot as a backup and is also PS eligible.

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly
.@BleacherReport's @CSimmsQB, brother of @buffalobills' Matt Simms, predicts @TyrodTaylor will be the #Bills starting QB this season.

I still want to know who the h*!! is Joe Chenelly

You keep saying this but don't link to anything. Do you know something we don't, or as someone else said in another thread are you just trolling?

Trolling, and I'm calling him on it because enough is enough.