SI: Bills could have interest in Ray Rice(update-they don't)

Because the Pats have a reputation for making moves like this get them to the top. We don't.

A team of thugs? I probably missed this one, but how is Harvin a thug? I'll agree about Incognito - he always was an A-hole. So that's one player, where is the team full of thugs?

I mean, had in was banned from hs sports for initiating large fights (plural), allegedly physically fought coaches, etc..... Whether thugs the word I suppose is debatable but it seems self centered hot head would be the kindest interpretation

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not happening.

just media running out of content.....bait click.......getting desperate for stories.

ray rice is finished. i say he never plays in this league again.

film at 11.

move along....nothing to see here

oh gosh really? i had no idea of the record. Thanks for that fact. And that was not the point. I enjoy any games we win and even some we lose, I dont need playoffs nor superbowls to be a fan, but i do need a group of guys i like, which is why i dont watch a game of nba anymore since they are mostly primadonnas. But again, very insightful, I thought we were a top tier team until you mentioned we were terrible.

You can't have a team full of Chris Kelsays and Coy Wires and compete at a professional level, which is why I pointed it out. If you're ok with 6-10 for the rest of your life so be it, many around here are not. And ironically, I don't want Ray Rice on the team either, but not for the same reasons you don't.

Haven't read this thread because I dismissed this "rumor" as soon as it came out.

We basically have an "NFL exec" of some sort posturing to an SI reporter that if anyone might want Rice it could be Rex because he loved him in Baltimore. That's it. This is about as much of a non-story as Janeane Garafalo taking reps at Pats** OTAs.

Haven't read this thread because I dismissed this "rumor" as soon as it came out.

We basically have an "NFL exec" of some sort posturing to an SI reporter that if anyone might want Rice it could be Rex because he loved him in Baltimore. That's it. This is about as much of a non-story as Janeane Garafalo taking reps at Pats** OTAs.

It's pure speculation with no factual foundation at all.

"Thinking" you are a top tier team and actually being one after off season paper crowns are subjectively won. Are two very different things. Stay enlightened! Glad to hear the NFL has mostly no primadonnas

i dont really get what your responding to here, but I am ok with an nfl team with a couple jerks, skilled or not, id still like to have had marshawn all these years. But when the jerk to hard worker ratio gets too high, I am less and less of a fan. I root for guys like FJ, Wood, Woods, and williams, and am glad to have em on the team even if they are 2nd tier players, I would hate to have a team full of T.O./Ray rice/incognito type players, just to have their talent. Id rather hope and wish for good chemistry and no distractions to help push us over the edge and win as a solid group of good men. Not add one loser, ie TO or Ray Rice, to try and gain an edge. The nfl is about 2/3rds primadonnas btw, i root for the 1/3rd, and i like hockey now over basketball, which has an almost 9/10 real man to primaddona ratio.

Go my son, You have been enlightened.

i dont really get what your responding to here, but I am ok with an nfl team with a couple jerks, skilled or not, id still like to have had marshawn all these years. But when the jerk to hard worker ratio gets too high, I am less and less of a fan. I root for guys like FJ, Wood, Woods, and williams, and am glad to have em on the team even if they are 2nd tier players, I would hate to have a team full of T.O./Ray rice/incognito type players, just to have their talent. Id rather hope and wish for good chemistry and no distractions to help push us over the edge and win as a solid group of good men. Not add one loser, ie TO or Ray Rice, to try and gain an edge. The nfl is about 2/3rds primadonnas btw, i root for the 1/3rd, and i like hockey now over basketball, which has an almost 9/10 real man to primaddona ratio.

Go my son, You have been enlightened.

Other than having a big mouth, what did TO ever do to end up in the same sentence as Ray Rice and Richie Incognito?

Or, it doesn't take intelligent football fans much to realize he is 34 years old and on the decline?

The team already wanted to let him loose, but Pegula went all Jerry Jones because of the fans undying love for a 34 year old RB, that probably wouldn't be a starter on any other NFL team. I love the guy. Went out of my way to get his autograph. But I am done wanting guys on the team because of what they do in the community, or what kind of leader they are. He's behind McCoy on the depth chart, and Brown/Williams both have a higher ceiling of what they could become.

Whaley gave up a draft pick for Brown, drafted Williams, traded for McCoy...cutting Jackson saves needed money.

I am fine with keeping him this year, and would love to see him win here, but not at the expense of cutting a younger, more promising RB. I'd rather have the potential of what Brown/Williams could become, than Jackson's 500 yards rushing this season.

But, I definitely do not take Ray Rice over Jackson, Brown, Williams or even Dixon, to be honest.

Nailed it.

Or, it doesn't take intelligent football fans much to realize he is 34 years old and on the decline?

The team already wanted to let him loose, but Pegula went all Jerry Jones because of the fans undying love for a 34 year old RB, that probably wouldn't be a starter on any other NFL team. I love the guy. Went out of my way to get his autograph. But I am done wanting guys on the team because of what they do in the community, or what kind of leader they are. He's behind McCoy on the depth chart, and Brown/Williams both have a higher ceiling of what they could become.

Whaley gave up a draft pick for Brown, drafted Williams, traded for McCoy...cutting Jackson saves needed money.

I am fine with keeping him this year, and would love to see him win here, but not at the expense of cutting a younger, more promising RB. I'd rather have the potential of what Brown/Williams could become, than Jackson's 500 yards rushing this season.

But, I definitely do not take Ray Rice over Jackson, Brown, Williams or even Dixon, to be honest.

Led the team in first downs last year. That's enough for me. If you watch his film last year, offensively he is a large part of why we went 9-7. (1 game we know for sure)

Brown? Can be narrowed down to the very reason we didn't make the playoffs.

Maybe it's because we gave something up for him, but geez, he hasn't done enough to warrant such a high ceiling. He had a good game against Chicago, and Oakland in 2013 to make him just barely get over the yards per carry of Dixon this year.

Edited by What a Tuel

Other than having a big mouth, what did TO ever do to end up in the same sentence as Ray Rice and Richie Incognito?

well...if you read, its clear. picking up a big name has been self-beater, like TO would be similar to picking up a big name has been wife-beater like rice. Or did you not read the post?

well...if you read, its clear. picking up a big name has been self-beater, like TO would be similar to picking up a big name has been wife-beater like rice. Or did you not read the post?

So enlighten me ... how was TO ever a self-beater? He is the best WR to ever wear a Bills uniform. Hands down.

wow moulds and reed were better, arguably, Evans was still in his prime that year but lost targets due to TO even though Evans was better a year or so before statistically. Also, he played awfully when here, not trying for balls that landed near his ankles or a foot away from him, some turning into picks that dbs took the other way, he would basically give up on the ball when it wasnt perfect. something reed used to do to todd collins but thats beside the point. He was a baby and caught the balls fitz put right into his basket, thats it. Why whould you be on his bandwagon this hard? Are you related? as for the self beating i was referring to this...http://deadspin.com/5921555/an-interview-with-the-woman-selling-photos-of-a-supposedly-masturbating-terrell-owenspost-22582-0-63547700-1433377324_thumb.jpg17r0a2502lfgnjpg.jpg

Also his "self" ruining of his own persona on his own tv show is pretty "self" beating.

Good luck defending him now. He did really well after the bills dumped him (this greatest receiver we ever had)

Edited by enlightener

Led the team in first downs last year. That's enough for me. If you watch his film last year, offensively he is a large part of why we went 9-7. (1 game we know for sure)

Brown? Can be narrowed down to the very reason we didn't make the playoffs.

Maybe it's because we gave something up for him, but geez, he hasn't done enough to warrant such a high ceiling. He had a good game against Chicago, and Oakland in 2013 to make him just barely get over the yards per carry of Dixon this year.

Yeah but he's young so.... he's got that going for him.