I don't need your help anymore

My wife and I are expecting our second son in October, and I would very much like to name him Kyle Williams, after our fearless Meatball. My wife hates the name Kyle, and I'm looking at a long uphill battle. Help me convince her TBD.

Edited by Captain Caveman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have said some awful name first and then when she says no then say "ok then how about Kyle"

The name wouldnt have sounded so bad if you said a horrible name as your first choice.

If all else fails there is....

Mario

Aaron

Duke

Karlos

and Chris

CBF

I feel like you guys aren't trying very hard. If someone in this thread can really convince my wife, they will get two tickets to the game of their choice this year. (Tickets will be cheap seats, but beggars can't be choosers, except hopefully when it comes to naming my son.)

I feel like you guys aren't trying very hard. If someone in this thread can really convince my wife, they will get two tickets to the game of their choice this year. (Tickets will be cheap seats, but beggars can't be choosers, except hopefully when it comes to naming my son.)

Stick with the pronunciation "Kyle", but use an alternate spelling such as "Ka'el", "Kill" (long "i" sound) or "Kyell"

I tried getting "Bryce," after Paup, for my son's middle name.

No go.

If you have to talk her into it, I wouldn't recommend it. 50/50, man.

EDIT: Congrats!!

Edited by Gugny

You should have said some awful name first and then when she says no then say "ok then how about Kyle"

Classic negotiation tactic. Start high to finish exactly where you intended all along.

Example:

Jauronimo: We are running a special where you can buy 10 widgets for just one easy payment of $9,999.99. Would you like to buy 100 widgets?

Customer: No I would not, and f@#$ you in your f@#$ing @#$@ with a @#$% you dirty beerballing mother#@$%, you were born in your mothers @#$@#%, @#%@% you!

Jauronimo: I understand money is tight and hear your concerns. Would you instead consider buying 1 widget for $900?

Customer: Yes, that does sound like an amazing deal and I would be stupid not to take it. I am one smooth talking son of a b@#$!

In this example the customer thinks they've won, but that was the outcome I was hoping for from the outset.

Lets apply the same concept to Caveman's situation.

Caveman: Honey, I'd love to name our first legitimate child Osama Bin Hitler. Its got spunk!

Wife: I've never been happy.

Caveman: It really rolls off the tongue!

Wife: I am living a lie.

Caveman: Plus its tough and unique.

Wife: I think we need time apart.

Caveman: Ok, how about Kyle Williams?

Wife: Take me, Caveman. Take me now!

In this scenario, not only did Caveman get the name he wanted but he also saved his sham of a marriage. Its really that easy! PM me if you'd like to earn $1,200 a week just by sitting on your couch.

Edited by Jauronimo

I may be able to get her to go along with it if he gets her last name. I'm considering it. No thanks to you clowns.

Wait one cotton pickin' minute!! You want to name your son Ka'el so bad you're willing to give up your last name??

Moderators: This has to be a violation of the Terms of Service. Give this fella some warning points....or revoke his man card.

My wife and I are expecting our second son in October, and I would very much like to name him Kyle Williams, after our fearless Meatball. My wife hates the name Kyle, and I'm looking at a long uphill battle. Help me convince her TBD.

I feel your pain. When our 2nd child our daughter was born I wanted to name her Shea after Shea Stadium, which was in it's last season before the Mets were going to play in their new ball park. My wife kind of compromised & agreed to have that as her middle name. Stick to your guns & divorce her if you have to. It will be worth the thousands of dollars in attorney fees & child support you will pay over the next 21 years just so you could proudly call your son Kyle.

I may be able to get her to go along with it if he gets her last name. I'm considering it. No thanks to you clowns.

This is a no no. Non negotiable the child takes the dad's last name. When we were getting married my wife wanted to hyphenate her last name. I told her if my name alone wasn't good enough for her then neither was I. Oddly enough she actually did show up for the wedding.