I don't need your help anymore

I feel your pain. When our 2nd child our daughter was born I wanted to name her Shea after Shea Stadium, which was in it's last season before the Mets were going to play in their new ball park. My wife kind of compromised & agreed to have that as her middle name. Stick to your guns & divorce her if you have to. It will be worth the thousands of dollars in attorney fees & child support you will pay over the next 21 years just so you could proudly call your son Kyle.

This is a no no. Non negotiable the child takes the dad's last name. When we were getting married my wife wanted to hyphenate her last name. I told her if my name alone wasn't good enough for her then neither was I. Oddly enough she actually did show up for the wedding.

1. I have been leaning towards letting her use her last name for this one anyway (don't tell her that.) My last name kind of sucks, and my firstborn already has to deal with it.

2. I don't care that she didn't take my name. The only real reason I have for wanting #2 to have my name is to not have to answer a bunch of stupid questions from people who can't comprehend why two brothers might have two different names.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I have been leaning towards letting her use her last name for this one anyway (don't tell her that.) My last name kind of sucks, and my firstborn already has to deal with it.

2. I don't care that she didn't take my name. The only real reason I have for wanting #2 to have my name is to not have to answer a bunch of stupid questions from people who can't comprehend why two brothers might have two different names.

I can't imagine a last name being so bad that you opt against using it. Is your last name "Sheeplicker" or "Brownstar"??

I can't imagine a last name being so bad that you opt against using it. Is your last name "Sheeplicker" or "Brownstar"??

Why do you have to drag jboyst into this??

Its Williams...he already said it.

Classic negotiation tactic. Start high to finish exactly where you intended all along.

Example:

Jauronimo: We are running a special where you can buy 10 widgets for just one easy payment of $9,999.99. Would you like to buy 100 widgets?

Customer: No I would not, and f@#$ you in your f@#$ing @#$@ with a @#$% you dirty beerballing mother#@$%, you were born in your mothers @#$@#%, @#%@% you!

Jauronimo: I understand money is tight and hear your concerns. Would you instead consider buying 1 widget for $900?

Customer: Yes, that does sound like an amazing deal and I would be stupid not to take it. I am one smooth talking son of a b@#$!

In this example the customer thinks they've won, but that was the outcome I was hoping for from the outset.

Lets apply the same concept to Caveman's situation.

Caveman: Honey, I'd love to name our first legitimate child Osama Bin Hitler. Its got spunk!

Wife: I've never been happy.

Caveman: It really rolls off the tongue!

Wife: I am living a lie.

Caveman: Plus its tough and unique.

Wife: I think we need time apart.

Caveman: Ok, how about Kyle Williams?

Wife: Take me, Caveman. Take me now!

In this scenario, not only did Caveman get the name he wanted but he also saved his sham of a marriage. Its really that easy! PM me if you'd like to earn $1,200 a week just by sitting on your couch.

What's a widget?

I didn't give my wife the option to name my kids. My son Roger is named after my buddy in the service who had a way with the ladies on his route. The other kids Rick, Regina and Reggie have a similar story. My wife is allowed to name the family pets.

If you like Kyle then name the son of a pup Kyle. Stick to your guns young man.

H