I don't need your help anymore

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also try telling the nurse to only bring half the hospital food that your wife would normally get because she's put on a few pounds lately and you're trying to help her out.

Exactly. Because at her age (although she's younger than she looks, still up there though), she can't afford any health issues.

I didn't give my wife the option to name my kids. My son Roger is named after my buddy in the service who had a way with the ladies on his route. The other kids Rick, Regina and Reggie have a similar story. My wife is allowed to name the family pets.

If you like Kyle then name the son of a pup Kyle. Stick to your guns young man.

H

Speaking of your time in the service, did you have a good Memorial Day, Howard?

Do what your wife wants

In the end she certainly has more voice in the decision than me (I would expect the same if I carried the fetus) but we both have veto power. We disagreed over names for years until we were actually pregnant with our first at which point it just kind of came to us.

Edited by Captain Caveman

I didn't give my wife the option to name my kids. My son Roger is named after my buddy in the service who had a way with the ladies on his route. The other kids Rick, Regina and Reggie have a similar story. My wife is allowed to name the family pets.

If you like Kyle then name the son of a pup Kyle. Stick to your guns young man.

H

Have you ever wondered why Shirley named the dog Howard?

Names are supposed to have a meaning or stand for something that you admire. What are you saying?

H

RealBuffalo. We had a great Memorial Day weekend. But i dont want to ruin this other mans writing about how he wants to have his wife name his offspring. Thanks for asking and thank you for your service too.

H

Names are supposed to have a meaning or stand for something that you admire. What are you saying?

H

Only that Shirley thinks you're a dog. Have you ever seen her mistreat H the dog, maybe slip something into his food?

You could agree on a first name if she will agree on Kyle as a middle name... Then (depending on how badly you want Kyle as the first name) tell them the two names backwards when doing the paperwork... My wife was supposed to be Julia, but her dad messed it up.... Happens every day

Some options:

1. Tell her you also admire George Foreman and Newhart, and you want to name all your male children Kyle. Your first born son could then go through life introducing his little brothers by saying - - "Hi, this is Kyle and my other brother Kyle." Then negotiate down to naming just one son Kyle.

2. Give her a legitimate, non-football reason to like the name Kyle. Do some googling on the inter web tubes for admirable people named Kyle. If she likes NASCAR (yeah, that's likely) then sing the praises of Kyle Petty. Or find somebody else on this list that she likes:

http://www.famousbirthdays.com/names/kyle.html

Might not want to mention Kyle Brovllofski from South Park, though.

3. Show her this link about the origins of the name:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kyle

Good luck!

P.S. Maybe she just doesn't think "Kyle" is manly enough for her alpha-male's offspring? If she's seen this George Carlin clip, maybe you need to show her some Bills' highlight videos (or just name the kid "Nicky, Vinnie or Tony"):

WARNING - - it's George Carlin, so it's NSFW (F-bombs)

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

If Caveman's last name is really "Kidsmeller" (sounds like that pro skier "Kitsmiller"), Kyle would actually be a good first name...so long as he doesn't get a middle name like "Kevin". His initials might be a little tough to explain.

My last name does begin with a K, tho' it's not Kidsmeller. The rest of it rhymes with (when pronounced incorrectly as it usually is) "punts".

Holy crap, you're Dean Koontz!!!!!!