NFL gives Brady/Pats an asterisk*

How many fewer receptions, yards, touchdowns, wins, and Super Bowls would Montana have if Jerry Rice didn't CHEAT by using Stickum? And people claim he is the best player of ALL-TIME!

I think comparing it to PED's is way exaggerating the transgression, and those were individual achievements, Brady's are mostly team achievements. That stuff has been beat to death in other threads.

I think we need to comb through NFL history, and start handing out more asterisks to different teams, huh? When Jerry Rice says "all players did it" he probably meant "all the players on MY team did it..."

I'm sure the Bills were clean though, so we can sleep at night, with a clear conscience.

All cheating being equal Montana was still better, and didn't need to cheat himself. If Jerry Rice cheated then so be it, but there is no evidence that Montana instructed Rice to use stickum or anything. On the other hand, unless we are to believe the wild string of coincidental situations, Brady instructed team employees to give him a competitive advantage. That distinction right there is why Brady* deserves that asterisk more than Montana.

That said, Montana was still better. http://fansided.com/2015/02/02/tom-brady-10-reasons-joe-montana-still-better/

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will the petty, silly jealousy of such a fine stand-up organization stop?

Everybody needs to get a life. They are champions!

Signed,

HoF Watkins/JiA

You sound like my 16 year old son trying to justify a trangression and character flaw. Everybody else does it!

I can see folks making the hard to refute argument that when the cheating balls were found at halftime and Brady an the Pats still destroyed the Colts with regulation footballs as a hard argument to refute. However, the answer to your question is that attacks on "such a fine stand-up organization" will stop when (if) the Pats respond in a fine stand-up way.

1. Do you really feel that Kraft demanding an apology early on "when" the results of an inquiry reveal that the Pats did nothing to the gameballs?

2. Do you really feel like Brady's non-answers to the fans questions in his po rally before an HS crowd was stand-up?

Its hard for me to see the Pats** treated as a stand-up org until they act in a stand-up manner.

The title to this thread is totally misleading. The NFL has not given the Pats an asterisk. Some sportswriter with a blog on NFL.com has given them the asterisk *

It's not like Goodell and the owners have decided to throw an asterisk next to the Pats. I know that putting an asterisk next to the Pats would help half this board sleep better at night, but I don't think it's gonna happen

from this point forward anytime you talk about the patriots*or Brady * in any blog or form or web site make sure you put a * next to the Patriots* or Brady's * name.

I hope this catches on across the world

so they understand there life is changed

forever.

The perception is that Brady and the Patriots* are cheaters. Good luck changing that.

Patriots* fans are whining on their message boards about not being able to wear Cheaters gear in public without being teased and hassled about supporting a bunch of cheats.

In the eyes of most sports fans (outside of Boston) they are cheaters. That's pretty tough punishment already.

again it all comes down to

IF you are that good, why cheat? unless of course the cheating makes you good.

It's early still...in 10 years this will all be a blip. Any sane person knows he is the greatest QB.

Yes. Any sane person knows he is the greatest QB who needed to cheat to win.

Glad you agree.

All cheating being equal Montana was still better, and didn't need to cheat himself. If Jerry Rice cheated then so be it, but there is no evidence that Montana instructed Rice to use stickum or anything. On the other hand, unless we are to believe the wild string of coincidental situations, Brady instructed team employees to give him a competitive advantage. That distinction right there is why Brady* deserves that asterisk more than Montana.

That said, Montana was still better. http://fansided.com/2015/02/02/tom-brady-10-reasons-joe-montana-still-better/

We all know the stats, and plenty go Brady's way.

If you changed the name on the stats from "Tom Brady" to "Jim Kelly", you would have a heart attack while vehemently insisting that those numbers are better than Montana's.

Try to be objective...

We all know the stats, and plenty go Brady's way.

If you changed the name on the stats from "Tom Brady" to "Jim Kelly", you would have a heart attack while vehemently insisting that those numbers are better than Montana's.

Try to be objective...

The call for objectivity is funny coming from pats**** fans. :lol:

I can see folks making the hard to refute argument that when the cheating balls were found at halftime and Brady an the Pats still destroyed the Colts with regulation footballs as a hard argument to refute. However, the answer to your question is that attacks on "such a fine stand-up organization" will stop when (if) the Pats respond in a fine stand-up way.

1. Do you really feel that Kraft demanding an apology early on "when" the results of an inquiry reveal that the Pats did nothing to the gameballs?

2. Do you really feel like Brady's non-answers to the fans questions in his po rally before an HS crowd was stand-up?

Its hard for me to see the Pats** treated as a stand-up org until they act in a stand-up manner.

I was being sarcastic. Pats** are anything BUT stand-up... And it all starts w/Krafty the Clown, he has always been a cheat and the epitome of trouble. Yet, the NFL has to love him. w/Snyder, Jones & Kraft... They ushered in the "New NFL." When will the bubble burst? I hope soon.

To me his greatness and achievements mean nothing now.

Seems like a big con job now

How others have been saying how great he is always bugged me. They were caught cheating...even after that, all of the pundits were proclaiming him as the best ever.

Now they've been caught cheating again...this time, Brady is the focus of it.

If there's evidence that has proven he or his coaches cheated to get them a few rings, then I can't consciously say he's the greatest ever or even consider him HoF material now.

Hopefully Aaron Rogers wins a few more rings. He's still young enough and probably our best hope to get to 4 and dilute the pool of 4 rings somewhat and temper the "greatest ever" talk. Sadly his HC is just a guy who has a great QB and GM.

I don't see Luck getting to 4. The Colts are exactly the same team they were with Manning: throw, throw, throw, play track in the dome then get smashed outside in the playoffs because they have a cupcake defense, a mediocre head coach, and no running game.

Big Ben almost got 3, but I don't see him getting 4 OR being in the GOAT discussion even if he gets another.

Wilson was one throw away from 2 already, which would give him an outside shot at 4. But we all know how that went. I don't see Seattle winning another anytime soon.

Peyton has a shot at getting #2, and being the only QB in NFL history to WIN a SB as a starter with two different teams, plus all his records and stats, would certainly boost his case.

But overall, who currently playing has even a remote shot at 4? Remember Brady went a decade without getting one, as good as his team has been in that span. It is REALLY hard to win the Super Bowl. Brady was lucky enough that his kicker got him 3 right at the start of his career.

Brady*** should quit while he's ahead(case)

TheFunPolice -

Big Ben didn't cheat did he?

P Manning may have (deflated) but his days have past

A A ron could win one more if his O remains top notch

I always catch flack when I post this

Luck = Petyon because they both sling the ball but don't have a team to support them on the playoffs.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever