Couple blessings hidden in the schedule

Playing Jax away (London) versus @ home is really great for a few reasons, one of which is we didn't have to waste one of our home games to a team we will beat & it's a neutral site game. Playing Indy at home & first gets a tough game out of the way with the home crowd's (12th man) energy to lead us. Brady should at least have 2 games left on his suspension after appeal & we get to play his back-up in the season without Bill B. having much game film on us. No way we normally get that lucky to play the world champion team without their starter, normally the QB from those teams always plays early the following year (like always).

One other non-opponent related event, our Bye-week nearly splits the season in half. Other teams have a bye week after the first month (Pats in our division!!) versus 2 months for us.

I think its a bit too early to really glean anything from the schedule.

Lets wait until (1) we know who our QB is, and how he should fare against certain defenses, (2) what the final roster is, (3) what our opponents' final rosters look like. Its all about matchups, and we dont know enuf about the matchups yet.

But bless you for starting a thread that would actually take 3-4 pages to turn into an EJ thread. I genuinely appreciate it this time of year - we need more of that.

Edited by maddenboy

Super Bowl contenders win football games. Schedule doesn't mean jack. Win at home and split on the road and we make the playoffs.I'd rather beat Brady and the Pats than just beat the Pats. But I'll take the W either way.

Well if we beat the Pats at home we can notify the NFL that we forfeit the win because we didn't beat Brady. You know the Colts will do that if they beat us without Dareus.

Well if we beat the Pats at home we can notify the NFL that we forfeit the win because we didn't beat Brady. You know the Colts will do that if they beat us without Dareus.

I don't remember everyone celebrating when the Bills had the toughest schedule in the NFL a couple of years ago? I find it odd now that people are angry that parts of the schedule are "easier." Isn't that what we should want? I was always under the impression that the goal was to win games and that every game counted the same? The rules keep changing so maybe I missed the rule change where beating Brady counts for 2 wins? Edited by Kirby Jackson

I don't remember everyone celebrating when the Bills had the toughest schedule in the NFL a couple of years ago? I find it odd now that people are angry that parts of the schedule are "easier." Isn't that what we should want? I was always under the impression that the goal was to win games and that every game counted the same? The rules keep changing so maybe I missed the rule change where beating Brady counts for 2 wins?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They control their own destiny.

uh oh !

i have never done well under those circumstances.

I like the home game bookends. This season we will still be in it, so, great for the Fans.!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is awesome artwork Yolo. love it !

Beginning and ending the season with two-game home stands will be a huge part of any success we have.

As will 8 of 12 on the road in the middle

It sounds as though all 16 games are going to be pretty crucial. Or maybe I missed something. ;)

Playing Jax away (London) versus @ home is really great for a few reasons, one of which is we didn't have to waste one of our home games to a team we will beat & it's a neutral site game. Playing Indy at home & first gets a tough game out of the way with the home crowd's (12th man) energy to lead us. Brady should at least have 2 games left on his suspension after appeal & we get to play his back-up in the season without Bill B. having much game film on us. No way we normally get that lucky to play the world champion team without their starter, normally the QB from those teams always plays early the following year (like always).

One other non-opponent related event, our Bye-week nearly splits the season in half. Other teams have a bye week after the first month (Pats in our division!!) versus 2 months for us.

It seems like every year the Bills drop a game to a lesser opponent, last year it was the Raiders. This year going to London to face the Jaguars could be that game, Rex needs to keep them focussed for this one this is the third consecutive season the Jags have gone to London and as an organisation they should be far better prepared to play there, for that reason this game makes me nervous.

Playing the Raiders on the road worked out real well last year too...