Kraft speaks

Yeah, I was shooting for how she babies the children (Kraft) and everything is always someone else's fault. Her children (Brady) are perfect despite evidence to the contrary. She is always going to the principal or teacher (Goodell) to demand special treatment for her children. I went with Barry over Adam because he is a bit more delusional and has a sense of self importance.

It is a great show.

You nailed it, that's why I said good reference. The Goldbergs are good comedy in a funny way. The Pats* are good comedy in a pathetic way. ;)

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kraft sounds like he really believes Brady is telling him the truth. If cell phone records prove otherwise , Kraft will look like a fool.

I sure hope the 2 equipment guys didn't sign a do not talk agreement when fired. Would have to be a heck of a severance package but possible.

Kraft sounds like he really believes Brady is telling him the truth. If cell phone records prove otherwise , Kraft will look like a fool.

I sure hope the 2 equipment guys didn't sign a do not talk agreement when fired. Would have to be a heck of a severance package but possible.

I think this may be the reason Brady didn't cooperate; having lied to Kraft would have send him onto the street and out of the league.

Kraft and Brady could buy their silence with the change they pull out of their couch (in a relative sense). The only hope to ever find out the real truth here is to get this into court where full discovery rules apply and where there may be the usual out (if the schlubs had a real lawyer look at the Confidentiality Agt--I give that a 50/50) for requirements of law, rule, reg., including subpoena for breaking the NDA. I hope Goodell calls their bluff on this and does let them take it to court. If he does, something tells me Bob Kraft will indeed look the fool if the full truth ever does come out.

What an absolute joke if the NFL reduces the punishment in light of the Pats*' BS attempts at obfuscation. Caught about as red handed as you can expect short of a confession by Tweedledumb and Dumber (especially considering Brady's lack of cooperation and lies), it will only cement Goodell's legacy as Bob Kraft's lap dog. I may honestly be done as a fan if that happens....

Honestly, no one believes that.

Has any owner come out and supported Kraft?

No, someone else asked that and the above was my response. No one is going to publically attatch themselves to Kraft while he is radioactive--no money in that.

Yet they won't pile on either. They know how the game is played and they all have their secrets.

They'll be quiet until that flow of money dries up, then we will be sure to hear the real story via 60 minutes or some best seller.

No, someone else asked that and the above was my response. No one is going to publically attatch themselves to Kraft while he is radioactive--no money in that.

Yet they won't pile on either. They know how the game is played and they all have their secrets.

Blank and McNair have come out in favor of Goodell.

Blank and McNair have come out in favor of Goodell.

Yes, as has Jones. They are standing behind their public face--they have to do this for self preservation. It keeps them behind the curtain.

That's a lot different from going after one of their colleagues (Kraft).

Anyway, this is what McNair said:

“The commissioner is concerned about maintaining a level playing field,” McNair said Monday, via John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. “That’s what this whole issue is about, a question of whether someone might have tried to gain a competitive advantage. We don’t want to see that happen, and that’s why he ruled.

“Roger’s doing a fine job. A lot of these issues, there’s no way you can satisfy everybody. They’re complicated, and you try to use your best judgment and do what you think is best for the game. And I think that’s what he’s trying to do.”

He can't even bring himself to say that cheating actually occured. It's "complicated"........

with the NFLPA taking every opportunity to erode and chip away at the powers of the commissioner, no way the owners want that too......kraft and goodell will find a compromise.

whether kraft can bring brady in the fold, is a whole other story.

"If you have the truth on your side, pound the table about the truth. If you have the law on your side, pound the table about the law. If you have neither the truth or the law on your side, pound the table."

It seems Kraft, Brady's agent, and Brady's dad (oh, please) are determined to pound the table. After the impending Goodell appeal fail, Brady will most likely take his argument to court to overturn his suspension. His people will surely pound the table there too. Kraft won't sue the league like Al Davis did, but he won't be happy with his decision not to.

with the NFLPA taking every opportunity to erode and chip away at the powers of the commissioner, no way the owners want that too......kraft and goodell will find a compromise.

whether kraft can bring brady in the fold, is a whole other story.

I think that is the key. Can he get brady to admit some level of culpability?

Regarding lessening of sanctions...I don't get the "anger" being expressed here. In another thread the other day I said something about brady's 2 game suspension. It wasn't because I misremembered (I love this "word" thanks Roger) the penalty, it was because I have always fully expected it to be reduced. That's what they do. Levy a penalty, it gets appealed, it gets reduced.

Regarding lessening of sanctions...I don't get the "anger" being expressed here. In another thread the other day I said something about brady's 2 game suspension. It wasn't because I misremembered (I love this "word" thanks Roger) the penalty, it was because I have always fully expected it to be reduced. That's what they do. Levy a penalty, it gets appealed, it gets reduced.

This is the trend I'd love to see come to an end with this chain of events. It's the perfect time to stand firm. I will consider any reduction a fail on Goodell's part. I would be far less pissed if one of the draft pick penalties was changed. I really think this is a great time for the NFL to show that they're going to hold players accountable.

This is the trend I'd love to see come to an end with this chain of events. It's the perfect time to stand firm. I will consider any reduction a fail on Goodell's part. I would be far less pissed if one of the draft pick penalties was changed. I really think this is a great time for the NFL to show that they're going to hold players accountable.

Goodell didn't impose the initial penalty.

This is true. Look at bountygate. Reduced. Brady will get down to 2 games, I think.

As for the team penalty, if the result of the NNFL investigation (which at some point they surrendered to Wells) is that the HC and the team played no part in the deflation, will the team punishments (which are unprecedented) stand? On what basis? How can past sins come into play if the reoprt exonerates the team as a whole?

So, not on Rice or AP or Bountygate...but this is the case where they have to stand firm--balls a tiny bit softer than the league allows?

This is true. Look at bountygate. Reduced. Brady will get down to 2 games, I think.

As for the team penalty, if the result of the NNFL investigation (which at some point they surrendered to Wells) is that the HC and the team played no part in the deflation, will the team punishments (which are unprecedented) stand? On what basis? How can past sins come into play if the reoprt exonerates the team as a whole?

To borrow a term from the NCAA...lack of institutional control. Look at the price NO played in the wake of bountygate.

They have not been fired, suspended without pay. Maybe no difference, maybe there is. Lawyer needs to chime in here.

I think this may be the reason Brady didn't cooperate; having lied to Kraft would have send him onto the street and out of the league.

At which point 26 other teams, including the Bills, would be slurping at Brady's you know what to sign him...and I would wholly support that move

Kraft is a complete bozo who married into his money.

This is just not an curate statement with regards to how Kraft made his money. You may think he a bozo, but he has made his money by being really sharp and a great businessman.

To borrow a term from the NCAA...lack of institutional control. Look at the price NO played in the wake of bountygate.

The difference is that the team was deeply involved with bountygate. Coaches specifically.

Where is the institutional penalty for PED abuse in Seattle? How about institutional penalty for the Steelers or the Lions for the cheap shot/dirty hits their players routinely were/are fined for?

"The Patriots suspended James McNally and John Jastremski indefinitely on May 6, with the NFL indicating that the pair could not be rehired without the league's approval"

...For their role in we-did-absolutely-nothing-wrong. <_<