Rubio continues to put his foot in his mouth

Rubio Haunted by Allegations over Florida's 'slush fund' and Spending:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/06/marco-rubio-campaign-funds

“There’s no other way of putting it than saying he raised money to travel and to go for fine-dining meals when the purpose of those committees was to help elect candidates running for public office,” said Christian Ulvert, a senior Democratic adviser who was the opposition party’s communications chief in Florida when Rubio was speaker.

“If it’s 25 to 35K over a year you’d be saying is that a big deal, and rightfully so. But when you’re talking around $300,000 dollars that’s a different story. That’s a big chunk of change. It’s clear there was lack of accountability and fiscal discipline.”

(Snip)

Tax exemption rules for political parties limit spending to legitimate political activities including fundraising. Yet more than $100,000 in charges that appeared on Rubio’s bills during his two years as speaker included bills for groceries, liquor, a $10,000 family vacation to Georgia and some expensive car repairs. The image-conscious politician even splurged $134 on a haircut at a prestigious Miami salon.

I forgot about this thread.

You are right, no one can provide any evidence, because he was gone after 2003, so no evidence after that. You have no evidence either, but I'm pretty sure a brutal dictator, with a centuries worth of oil, two sons ready to take over after he was gone, not being in power is a good thing. Too bad we didn't take out the North Korean dictatorship in 1950, if it was possible.

Control?? Huh?

You clearly do not understand the definition of the word "evidence", or anything that happened during the Korean War -- let alone the middle east. None of this is surprising considering your understanding of history and the world today could best be described as "lacking".

And yes, control is the ultimate aim of the bulk collection of American's data. The very program the second court ruled illegal while Rubio stumped for the program to be renewed permanently without reform. The guy is no good for this country. He's out of touch with what it means to be an American in the 21st century. He wants our state of perma-war to continue unabated, he doesn't want equality for every American, and he believes Americans have no right to privacy or the fourth amendment.

He's the wrong candidate for the job. Unless that job is to bring this country back into the 20th century, then he's your man.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/06/marco-rubio-campaign-funds

“There’s no other way of putting it than saying he raised money to travel and to go for fine-dining meals when the purpose of those committees was to help elect candidates running for public office,” said Christian Ulvert, a senior Democratic adviser who was the opposition party’s communications chief in Florida when Rubio was speaker.

“If it’s 25 to 35K over a year you’d be saying is that a big deal, and rightfully so. But when you’re talking around $300,000 dollars that’s a different story. That’s a big chunk of change. It’s clear there was lack of accountability and fiscal discipline.”

(Snip)

Tax exemption rules for political parties limit spending to legitimate political activities including fundraising. Yet more than $100,000 in charges that appeared on Rubio’s bills during his two years as speaker included bills for groceries, liquor, a $10,000 family vacation to Georgia and some expensive car repairs. The image-conscious politician even splurged $134 on a haircut at a prestigious Miami salon.

$300k here, $100k, there. Rubio is such an amateur. A summer on the campaign trail with Hilary and he'll learn how to pad a few extra 0's

$300k here, $100k, there. Rubio is such an amateur. A summer on the campaign trail with Hilary and he'll learn how to pad a few extra 0's

I'd respect him if he came out with that defense in his next stump speech. "Yeah, I ripped people off, but I did it to prove to ya'll that I'm just like Hillary."

I'd respect him if he came out with that defense in his next stump speech. "Yeah, I ripped people off, but I did it to prove to ya'll that I'm just like Hillary."

I'd respect him more if he spent that $134 at a hair salon to do his hair like the Ancient Aliens guy. They could be twinsies

:lol: He might even get my vote then.

Now that I think about it, that would be a good campaign move. Do his hair like the Ancient Aliens guy and take some pictures in the various Ancient Aliens meme gestures.

Then when all the other candidates are sending out campaign updates via Twitter©, Rubio could send his updates out via meme

The get-Rubio movement.

by Ann Althouse

We're seeing evidence of this movement this week with the NYT article "Marco Rubio’s Career Bedeviled by Financial Struggles" and last week's "Marco Rubio and His Wife Cited 17 Times for Traffic Infractions." These are ludicrously weak attacks. Rubio bought an $80,000 fishing boat (which the NYT called a "luxury speedboat") after he received an $800,000 advance and he chose to lease an Audi (a "luxury item") when he needed a car in 2015. And he's gotten 4 traffic tickets in 18 years. The main thing we learn from all that is that the NYT really wants to get him.

Let me take you back to May 22, when the NYT had a piece titled: "A Hillary Clinton Match-Up With Marco Rubio Is a Scary Thought for Democrats." ("Steve Schale, the Florida strategist who wrote the 'Marco Rubio scares me' blog post, said that when he worked for the Democratic leader of the Florida House of Representatives, his boss, Dan Gelber, had a saying about Mr. Rubio’s effect on crowds, and about his sincerity: 'Young women swoon, old women pass out, and toilets flush themselves.' And Mr. Gelber himself recalled the day in Tallahassee, Fla., in 2008 when he and Mr. Rubio, then the speaker of the State House, gave their farewell speeches. He spoke first, followed by Mr. Rubio, as Mr. Gelber’s wife looked on. 'She’s sitting there weeping,' Mr. Gelber recalled, still incredulous. 'And I look up, and I mouth, ‘Are you kidding me?'")

I recorded a Bloggingheads episode with Bob Wright on the day that "Marco Rubio is scary" NYT article came out, and I used it when Bob was talking about the idea that Marco Rubio is not the right kind of Hispanic:

More at the link:
Now the standard Lefty response to someone pointing this out is........quit whining
But the question is, Why is this an acceptable journalistic practice? These aren't NY Times editorials or columnists offering opinions. These are (supposedly) reporters.
I also like the Marco Rubio is not the right kind of Hispanic:
I wonder where Bob, and other liberals got the power to make that determination...
Edited by B-Man

The get-Rubio movement.

by Ann Althouse

We're seeing evidence of this movement this week with the NYT article "Marco Rubio’s Career Bedeviled by Financial Struggles" and last week's "Marco Rubio and His Wife Cited 17 Times for Traffic Infractions." These are ludicrously weak attacks. Rubio bought an $80,000 fishing boat (which the NYT called a "luxury speedboat") after he received an $800,000 advance and he chose to lease an Audi (a "luxury item") when he needed a car in 2015. And he's gotten 4 traffic tickets in 18 years. The main thing we learn from all that is that the NYT really wants to get him.

Let me take you back to May 22, when the NYT had a piece titled: "A Hillary Clinton Match-Up With Marco Rubio Is a Scary Thought for Democrats." ("Steve Schale, the Florida strategist who wrote the 'Marco Rubio scares me' blog post, said that when he worked for the Democratic leader of the Florida House of Representatives, his boss, Dan Gelber, had a saying about Mr. Rubio’s effect on crowds, and about his sincerity: 'Young women swoon, old women pass out, and toilets flush themselves.' And Mr. Gelber himself recalled the day in Tallahassee, Fla., in 2008 when he and Mr. Rubio, then the speaker of the State House, gave their farewell speeches. He spoke first, followed by Mr. Rubio, as Mr. Gelber’s wife looked on. 'She’s sitting there weeping,' Mr. Gelber recalled, still incredulous. 'And I look up, and I mouth, ‘Are you kidding me?'")

I recorded a Bloggingheads episode with Bob Wright on the day that "Marco Rubio is scary" NYT article came out, and I used it when Bob was talking about the idea that Marco Rubio is not the right kind of Hispanic:

More at the link:
Now the standard Lefty response to someone pointing this out is........quit whining
But the question is, Why is this an acceptable journalistic practice? These aren't NY Times editorials or columnists offering opinions. These are (supposedly) reporters.
I also like the Marco Rubio is not the right kind of Hispanic:
I wonder where Bob, and other liberals got the power to make that determination...

Can't stand the heat....get out of the kitchen! Wow, talk about whining!

The traffic ticket thing was pretty ridiculous. If you actually read the article, Marco got 4 tickets since 1997 but only 2 was he actually convicted on. Who cares how his wife drives?

Because it's evidence that he can't control his woman. Therefore, he's unsuitable to prosecute the War on Women. Which is just what the Democrats want, so they criticize him for it.

Or something. I don't know. Neither do they.

Can't stand the heat....get out of the kitchen! Wow, talk about whining!

Are you kidding? Not only is Rubio milking this stuff, he making whipped cream with it. Social media has carried this into a two-week marketing win for him. It's backfired on the left so badly, I read today one of the hosts at MSNBC was suggesting Rubio plotted this with the NYT to gain momentum.

The latest bit? An aerial shot of Rubio's house next to an aerial shot of Hillary's house.

Who knew the left would be the one running the a true 1%'er?

Hillary-Clinton-House-Compared-To-Marco-

Are you kidding? Not only is Rubio milking this stuff, he making whipped cream with it. Social media has carried this into a two-week marketing win for him. It's backfired on the left so badly, I read today one of the hosts at MSNBC was suggesting Rubio plotted this with the NYT to gain momentum.

The latest bit? An aerial shot of Rubio's house next to an aerial shot of Hillary's house.

Who knew the left would be the one running the a true 1%'er?

Hillary-Clinton-House-Compared-To-Marco-

Oh darn, he just lost the jw vote.

[url=http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/06/marco-rubio-campaign-funds]http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/06/marco-rubio-campaign-funds[/url

You clearly middle east. None of this is surprising considering your understanding of history and the world today could best be described as "lacking". And yes, control is the ultimate aim of the bulk collection of American's data. The very program the second court ruled illegal while Rubio stumped for the program to be renewed permanently without reform. The guy is no good for this country. He's out of touch with what it means to be an American in the 21st century. He wants our state of perma-war to continue unabated, he doesn't want equality for every American, and he believes Americans have no right to privacy or the fourth amendment.

He's the wrong candidate for the job. Unless that job is to bring this country back into the 20th century, then he's your man.

wow, talk about a hissy fit. You should try and get the mods to make an emoticon of you swinging a purse. Perfect for you emotionally unbalanced tirades

And yes, evidence does not exist of Saddams rule after he was removed from power. He was dead. You understand that, right?