Best "Receiving Unit" in the NFL

Twitter question from NFL- Who has the best "receiving unit" in the NFL.

I threw out the Bills and got laughed at while the consensus seems to be leaning Green Bay and Denver. Maybe it's the homer in me, but I really believe 1-4 we have the deepest group in the league. Sammy hasn't posted the big seasons some guys have, but guys like Belichick have said they treat him the same as they treat other guys. Clay blows away the TE for either Denver or Green Bay. Depending on how you slot Harvin & Woods as 2 & 3 I struggle to come up with 3rd WRs clearly better than ours.

Am I a biased homer or are we getting slept on hard?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I threw out the Bills and got laughed at while the consensus seems to be leaning Green Bay and Denver. Maybe it's the homer in me, but I really believe 1-4 we have the deepest group in the league. Sammy hasn't posted the big seasons some guys have, but guys like Belichick have said they treat him the same as they treat other guys. Clay blows away the TE for either Denver or Green Bay. Depending on how you slot Harvin & Woods as 2 & 3 I struggle to come up with 3rd WRs clearly better than ours.

Until the Bills win 11-13 games in a season and make a serious run (I think this is very possible this season) the public will still just consider us a bad team. I wouldn't trade our WR corps for any other team's.

it seems that they may have been slotting out "passing game" and you were doing "starting pass catchers" and possible neither was 1-6 WE group skill only, if i had to guess

WR is crazy deep, but if your counting TE's

#1- GB

#2- DAL

#3- ATL

#4- DEN

#5- INDY

#6- DET

#7- NE

#8- PIT

#9- CIN

#10- BUF

If, and it's a big if, victor Cruz returns to form, then giants belong somewhere in here:

ODB 91 1,305 12 (in 12 games in 2014)

Cruz 73 993 6 (in last full season 2013)

Randle 71 938 3 (2014)

Donell (TE) 63 623 6 (2014)

It's the homer in you. It's a lot of homer in you too. Like...up to his waist and he ain't slim.

7f18_007.jpg

GB man.

Jordy/Cobb > Watkins/Woods.

Edited by FireChan

What we have on the roster is different then most teams. We have the kind of potential most teams would dream of having. Young players like Woods and Watkins, speedy dynamic Harvin, on the bubble to emerge to a true NFL WR Hogan and possibly one day we will see him as a top 100 player, Clay who is truly going to be viewed as a potential superstar and as hyped as anyone, and then our RB's and other guys. We have a lot of people that do not get the headlines but we know their name. These guys are very good but we are little high on them because we are fanatics.

also 21,000 .

This years final cut down will be very difficult. I sure hope the owners vote to increase the 53 roster limit.

Who Goes?

Locks: Sammy, Woods, Harvin

Probably: Hogan, Goodwin?, Easley? Thigpen?

Long Shots: All the others . . .

But note: If another WR emerges, look for Easley to be let go; Why? Notice all the special teams ability the Bills have picked up this off-season.

I agree you are a biased homer. We are not in the top 25. If during the season we find that the line has been significantly upgraded (hard to say at this point), QB play will be better (again hard to say yes to this), Sammy doesn't quit on the QB the way he quit on EJ (and that was probably justified), play calling is improved (the emphasis on the run means less touches in the passing game). At best we will have a top 20 passing game. Sammy is a good receiver, not great yet. Woods is okay, a number 3 or 4 on many teams, Percy had a down year in 2014, with Cassel, Ty or EJ tossing likelihood for better year is slim, who's our 4th Hogan or Goodwin, neither are much more than role players. Clay is better than Chandler but doesn't make that big a difference with our QBs. I'd say we are about 25th and that is being kind.