Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any insights on Conner Cook? I find it interesting, and not in a good way, that while he's a 3 year starter, he was never named a team captain.

there has been a few leaks that his teammates don't like him and he's a d-bag in general. Coupled with how bad he looked vs Iowa and he didn't play against OSU, His stock is dropping to the point where IMO he needs to look the part vs Bama or he won't go in the 1st. I actually thought he looked better last year. But his lack of poise (called a MSU reporter a d-bag when he asked him a reasonable question about his shoulder) and poor decision making at times on the field has not helped. There is a lot to like, but red flags for sure. Edited by YoloinOhio

Connor Cook does great interviews. Listen to his phone call with Dan Patrick. So much different than how EJ sounded in his. And I only mention him because he's my best point of reference.

He's definitely a confident/cocky kid and I think it gets the better of him sometimes. He's talked about how much he loves his team and calls them his brothers. There doesn't seem to be any ill will there, at least on his end. I think he's perfect for Roman's offense, actually. And the Bills could develop him properly behind Tyrod.

Anyone have any insights on Conner Cook? I find it interesting, and not in a good way, that while he's a 3 year starter, he was never named a team captain.

you been hangin with 4merper4er?

Connor Cook does great interviews. Listen to his phone call with Dan Patrick. So much different than how EJ sounded in his. And I only mention him because he's my best point of reference.

He's definitely a confident/cocky kid and I think it gets the better of him sometimes. He's talked about how much he loves his team and calls them his brothers. There doesn't seem to be any ill will there, at least on his end. I think he's perfect for Roman's offense, actually. And the Bills could develop him properly behind Tyrod.

Reminds me of Rivers, who was/is cocky, and yes

there has been a few leaks that his teammates don't like him and he's a d-bag in general. Coupled with how bad he looked vs Iowa and he didn't play against OSU, His stock is dropping to the point where IMO he needs to look the part vs Bama or he won't go in the 1st. I actually thought he looked better last year. But his lack of poise (called a MSU reporter a d-bag when he asked him a reasonable question about his shoulder) and poor decision making at times on the field has not helped. There is a lot to like, but red flags for sure.

your sweating too hard about this, you've liked him for two yrs, no need to bail now, Winston's college issues where much worse than Cook's. Yeah he looked sharper last yr but he had better weapons that yr as well. He will be fine here.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Reminds me of Rivers, who was/is cocky, and yes

your sweating too hard about this, you've liked him for two yrs, no need to bail now, Winston's college issues where much worse than Cook's. Yeah he looked sharper last yr but he had better weapons that yr as well. He will be fine here.

just think there was something missing from his game his whole senior year - can't figure out what it was. He could have used more weapons, yes. I will be interested to see how he looks vs Bama - it will be a nice test. Edited by YoloinOhio

Although the early bowl games don't receive as much attention, NFL scouts are excited for the opportunity to evaluate several prospects in those games, including these offensive playmakers.

From underrated pass rushers to big play defensive backs, there is plenty of prospective NFL talent to evaluate in the early bowl games - you just have to know where to look.

interesting article here

@ESPN_BigTen: Connor Cook's personality, like it or not, is reason for Spartans' success https://t.co/k1Q303w74N

Cook is from Cleveland (Hinckley) and has allegedly said he hopes the Browns don't draft him because it is "where quarterbacks go to die." I mean, he isn't wrong. But a little self-awareness wouldn't hurt him.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

Sorry, but it is a valid question/concern. His teammates don't need to like him, but, they should respect him. I question whether he has their respect when he was never voted a team captain. He better hope that whatever team that drafts him doesn't have a Troy Vincent on the roster.

just think there was something missing from his game his whole senior year - can't figure out what it was. He could have used more weapons, yes. I will be interested to see how he looks vs Bama - it will be a nice test.

Also he was injured during the Iowa game which didn't help but he did lead that 9:00 min drive with multiple 4rth down conversions to win the game. You never now how a guy will do but I would take my chances on him.

If this team doesn't draft a QB because they feel good about Taylor I'm gona lose my mind

Sorry, but it is a valid question/concern. His teammates don't need to like him, but, they should respect him. I question whether he has their respect when he was never voted a team captain. He better hope that whatever team that drafts him doesn't have a Troy Vincent on the roster.

Why a troy Vincent?

Cook is from Cleveland (Hinckley) and has allegedly said he hopes the Browns don't draft him because it is "where quarterbacks go to die." I mean, he isn't wrong. But a little self-awareness wouldn't hurt him.

Sounds very self aware B-)

Temple WR Robby Anderson is a bit special. 6' 3", 190 pounds. Supposedly has 4.5 speed, 44" vertical. Precise route runner, great hands in traffic. Gave William Jackson, one of the better CFB cover corners, a hell of a game. Blocked him into the bench as well.

Missed 2014 due to academic reasons but if you're looking for a taller target to add something to the offense at what I'd imagine to be a relatively cheap investment, he might be your guy.

I'm watching the Celebration Bowl (yes I'm a football junkie) and Tarik Cohen from NC A&T is a guy who would be a very nice choice later in the draft for a team like the Bills. He's the 2 time MEAC offensive POY and had 166 yards in the first quartet (!) of this game. Small school guy but look at Thomas Rawls. He can also do a 1-handed catch while doing a backflip

Tarik Cohen is on campus doing the good ol' one-handed backflip catch. (Vine by @SportsCenter) https://t.co/TIa4hBvu0F

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm watching the Celebration Bowl (yes I'm a football junkie) and Tarik Cohen from NC A&T is a guy who would be a very nice choice later in the draft for a team like the Bills. He's the 2 time MEAC offensive POY and had 166 yards in the first quartet (!) of this game. Small school guy but look at Thomas Rawls. He can also do a 1-handed catch while doing a backflip

Tarik Cohen is on campus doing the good ol' one-handed backflip catch. (Vine by @SportsCenter) https://t.co/TIa4hBvu0F

He can also catch 2 at once - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2_kMk4gnAw

Can't imagine him declaring as a junior from the FCS level but he's not your typical 5' 6" guy. Saw him this time last year and it's like a (very small) man against boys.

crap, thought he was a senior for some reason. My bad. He's got juice!

Give it a year and we can join forces to vouch for him. The inevitable Sproles comparisons will be mind-numbing fun.

As if CFB didn't give us enough as it is, New Mexico just run the Maryland I out of the shotgun - https://twitter.com/YahooDrSaturday/status/678292520934227969

Edited by Blokestradamus

He is going to have a chance to prove himself on New Years Eve. Let's see how he holds up against the Crimson Tide.