RD 6, Pick 194: TE Nick O'Leary, Florida State

That's all well and good but nobody is claiming he's Gronk or Graham.

Of course not.

But that body type is exaxcly what Roman likes to use in his scheme--more of an H-back, move-type (Clay-like) guy than the Gronk/Graham monster TE....

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's all well and good but nobody is claiming he's Gronk or Graham.

And therein lies the problem... Somebody SHOULD be claiming he's Gronk or Graham... That's the size and dimensions that are currently helping teams win superbowls, or at least get to the postseason... Carolina doubled-down with Benjamin AND Funchess... Two big bodies with tremendous catch radii -That only means they're not completely ignorant to what WORKS.

Oh, you mean like this guy. Such a pity that The Bills didn't do just that. :rolleyes:

:lol: Well there you go! -Why didn't I see that?... Hitch our wagons to a 7th rounder, from a BFE school, that has no idea what an NFL route even looks like.. That's great! Let's just make it an even 20 years with no playoffs. :thumbsup:

Edited by #34fan

And therein lies the problem... Somebody SHOULD be claiming he's Gronk or Graham... That's the size and dimensions that are currently helping teams win superbowls, or at least get to the postseason... Carolina doubled-down with Benjamin AND Funchess... Two big bodies with tremendous catch radii -That only means they're not completely ignorant to what WORKS.

Graham didn't help the Saints even make the playoffs 2 out of the past 3 seasons. And guys like Gronk and Graham don't come out very often.

Graham didn't help the Saints even make the playoffs 2 out of the past 3 seasons. And guys like Gronk and Graham don't come out very often.

Less often when you're not looking... Denver uses size and strength at the WR and TE position to do whatever the hell they want offensively... it's an insurmountable mismatch... I'm personally afraid of what a kid like Jimmy Graham could do on a team like SEA... You think DB's who square off with Gronk in TC will have any trouble handling Nick O'leary? -I don't. We need another big guy, and NO, Dezmin Lewis doesn't count because he's not an NFL receiver, and has a very slim chance at ever becoming one, IMO.

Edited by #34fan

:lol: Well there you go! -Why didn't I see that?... Hitch our wagons to a 7th rounder, from a BFE school, that has no idea what an NFL route even looks like.. That's great! Let's just make it an even 20 years with no playoffs. :thumbsup:

Dude......we had 6 picks

Vernon Davis (6'3" 250) was pretty good IIRC...

Before the 4.93 I thought we'd be lucky to get him in the third. Davis ran crazy fast (but I'm too lazy to look it up). Still, I love this pick as he's a throwback kind of football player!

Before the 4.93 I thought we'd be lucky to get him in the third. Davis ran crazy fast (but I'm too lazy to look it up). Still, I love this pick as he's a throwback kind of football player!

Davis was sub 4.4... 4.38? It was over a half second faster.

Hopefully it was a bad day for him as the numbers weren't good. But he's been pretty productive. As sixth rounders go I'm not complaining at all.

Davis was sub 4.4... 4.38? It was over a half second faster.

Hopefully it was a bad day for him as the numbers weren't good. But he's been pretty productive. As sixth rounders go I'm not complaining at all.

Davis was a reasonably good blocker as well as being lightning fast. While O'Leary won't be the track star Vernon was, he'll fit the other elements of his game pretty well.

BTW, grampa Jack says he runs a 4.7 and shouldn't have run at the combine, due to a hammy injury...

Davis was a reasonably good blocker as well as being lightning fast. While O'Leary won't be the track star Vernon was, he'll fit the other elements of his game pretty well.

BTW, grampa Jack says he runs a 4.7 and shouldn't have run at the combine, due to a hammy injury...

If it's true he runs a 4.7, I'm glad he ran at the Combine. ;)

This is the offensive version of the Michael Bennett fall to the 6th rd. O'Leary is extremely productive but a bit undersized and system-specific, which led other teams to pass. What an awesome fit and value.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

This is the offensive version of the Michael Bennett fall to the 6th rd. O'Leary is extremely productive but a bit undersized and system-specific, which led other teams to pass. What an awesome fit and value.

You're one of my favorite posters and you're a Browns fan! I love Danny Shelton.