Cutting Fred With Dignity

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until one of the other RBs proves they can pass block Freddy is going to continue to make the roster and see reps on third downs. If it was all about running ability CJ would still be here.

This is also an overlooked benefit of freddy.

Fred Jackson is my favorite Bills player of all time because of how hard he fought for lousy teams and coaches with out ever complaining. That being said, the blind loyalty that borders on idolization of Freddy is hilarious. He was clearly a half step slower last year, as the oldest RB in the league, and they say that RB's production does not decline, it falls off a cliff. All reasoned people will agree that the cards are stacked against him making the team based on what happens between now and the end of training camp. I for one hope he hangs on to the number 4 spot.

And Fred has been here for half of it, maybe the losing-est RB in Bills history? Who says he has what it takes to be a coach? Who says he wants to?

LOL. GET YOUR NOSE OUT HIS JOCK!!!

Fred Jackson had:

14 games - 1026 total yards and 3 tds in 2014

16 games - 1277 total yards and 10 tds in 2013

Some might see that as a regression. I think the red zone especially was more an indication of how awful and inept our offense was as a whole, and less a sign of Freddy regressing.

Edited by What a Tuel

This is also an overlooked benefit of freddy.

Fred Jackson had:

14 games - 1026 total yards and 3 tds in 2014

16 games - 1277 total yards and 10 tds in 2013

Some might see that as a regression. I think the red zone especially was more an indication of how awful and inept our offense was as a whole, and less a sign of Freddy regressing.

He caught the most passes and yards of his career, by a large margin. To me, the best and most consistent runner was Dixon.

I know its a business, but I would be surprised if Fred signs with the patriots after all these years. Any other team fine, but I would lose some respect for the guy if he willingly signed with the pats after his long tenure here.

Imagine if he did then won a SB... I would be numb... I think it would be hollow for Fred.. But I guess it wouldn't be much different than Revis last year... just thinking outloud.

If Jackson gets cut and only team offering him a contracts is Pats* you would lose respect for a player trying to keep playing and earning money?

Until one of the other RBs proves they can pass block Freddy is going to continue to make the roster and see reps on third downs. If it was all about running ability CJ would still be here.

SHADY is not coming out on third down for Fred. What a joke.

If Jackson gets cut and only team offering him a contracts is Pats* you would lose respect for a player trying to keep playing and earning money

I would find it really really upsetting. I would equate it to Favre going to the vikes, though freddy is no Favre.

If Jackson gets cut and only team offering him a contracts is Pats* you would lose respect for a player trying to keep playing and earning money?

I don't believe for a second only the Pats* would offer him a deal, but Bill would be the first to call. He loves him some Freddy.