2015 NFL Draft round 4-7 discussion

Anyone think they may try and convert him back to safety?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1860763/karlos-williams

"These same questions about fluidity could lead to problems for Williams if his future NFL team elected to move him back to defense. There is no question that Williams offers special teams prowess - but how early will a club be willing to invest a draft pick on a player whose only contributions early on may come there?"

Yeah, maybe. Strikes me kind of like a session musician who doubles on sax. Great athlete.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone think they may try and convert him back to safety?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1860763/karlos-williams

"These same questions about fluidity could lead to problems for Williams if his future NFL team elected to move him back to defense. There is no question that Williams offers special teams prowess - but how early will a club be willing to invest a draft pick on a player whose only contributions early on may come there?"

Ourlad's said: "tone setter type back","tackle to taclkle banger", "can break tackles and fall forward for positive yards", "can take and give punishment. A non-fumbler who can catch the ball. ", "a classic downhill one cut runner"

He is 6'3/4" 230lbs and ran 4.48

With Darby a really good ST player, as well as Karlos, I'm wondering if one of the just ST guys will no longer make it, either Easley or Gay. There are going to be some tough cuts. We may need to only keep five WR and Easley, even though he is our best gunner and great at it, may be a casualty. Personally I would not keep Gay and trust our good ST guys can keep the opponent around the 20-25. And it depends on how Easley looks as a #5 WR to Roman and Sanjay.

But one of those two could be released, even with Easley's new deal.

With Darby a really good ST player, as well as Karlos, I'm wondering if one of the just ST guys will no longer make it, either Easley or Gay. There are going to be some tough cuts. We may need to only keep five WR and Easley, even though he is our best gunner and great at it, may be a casualty. Personally I would not keep Gay and trust our good ST guys can keep the opponent around the 20-25. And it depends on how Easley looks as a #5 WR to Roman and Sanjay.

Can't see Easley being released. He's one of the best ST players in the NFL.

My money would be on Gay over Easely getting cut if the numbers get tight. I've always gotten the feeling that Easley is really well liked within the organization and obviously a solid contributor on teams.

Can't see Easley being released. He's one of the best ST players in the NFL.

I don't predict it, and I agree that he is one of the best. I'm thinking, however, that his worth, which has been sizable, has been substantially lessened over the last two years because of Boobie, Graham, Darby, Williams, Duke Williams, etc.

Easley got too much guaranteed to be gone this year. Hogan would be the odd man out (and I don't think Whaley loves hogan either)

Easley got too much guaranteed to be gone this year. Hogan would be the odd man out (and I don't think Whaley loves hogan either)

If I were making the decision I would probably release Hogan (or trade him for a 7th rounder if you could), keep 5 WR and have two big WR on the PS, maybe even the two they have now in Brown and Holley.