IF we draft Petty.

QB  

91 members have voted

1. 1. If we draft high at QB, what quarterback(s) get cut?

• EJ Manuel
    • Matt Cassel
    • Tyrod Taylor
    • Jeff Tuel
    • They All Stay, some being moved to practice squad

Exactly! The only guy safe on this roster at the QB position is Cassel if that happens.

p.s. Chuck Wagon you are very good poster and have been a great addition to the board.

I'm thinking Taylor is safe too. Didn't he get a 400K signing bonus and 750K guaranteed in 2015?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking Taylor is safe too. Didn't he get a 400K signing bonus and 750K guaranteed in 2015?

Maybe so, but I could see Ej and Tyrod battling for 1 spot. I say Cassel because a team that believes that it is close, with questions at QB, is not going to cut its safety net. Even if he doesn't start he gives them that veteran presence.

I know this is a little off subject....and I know these are not "franchise guys" but does anyone else feel a lot better about having actual veteran QBs on the roster......both as starter and backup?

Cassell - up and down but QB'd two very good seasons

T Taylor - backed up Flacco for years.....which means he has fended off other QBs trying to take the backup job for years

Then you have EJ......who isnt a rookie any more

I'm missing the option: "If we're drafting a QB in any round our FO consists of morons since we allready have 4 proven backup QBs and there isnt an immediate starter that can be drafted at QB"

Due to lack of the above option I voted that they all get cut if we draft a QB, if we start drafting one QB we may as well draft only QBs this year, cut all we have and have the rookies battle it out.

Rex said in his presser that the competition right now is between three guys... Tuel is out no matter what.

After that I only care about who will start.

Seriously? Lol, that was some 4-way QB competition Tuel was allowed into... 2 days in shorts... At least he impressed in the video room, prior to shorts camp...

Edited by bladiebla

No...Petty is a project, he isn't being taken to play this year. Just like when SD took Rivers. They had Brees, but he had yet to blossom. if they take Petty, he is being drafted to sit behind EJ or Cassel, or both for at least a year. EJ will still have a chance to win the job in camp and hold it if he plays well. Petty can always be used as trade bait if EJ takes this team over. Or if EJ plays well enough to warrant trade value and Petty wins the coaches over on the practice field next year, they could do what SD did...choose the younger player to take over, in which they could then trade EJ for some value.

EJ's immediate job would only be in jeopardy if we took Mariota or Winston early in the draft...which we obviously are not.

I know the OP asked if the Bills drafted Petty or another QB but as far as Petty, I could see New Orleans taking him to groom as the replacement for Brees. They now have 2 1st round picks (and 2 threes) to fill their other needs so with them picking in the 2nd at 44, I could see them going for Petty or another QB with that pick, especially if they suspect the Bills taking one at 50.

Tuel better have his bags packed. He's outta here after this weekend. EJ would be next, which is a shame because he has the highest ceiling of any of the QB's we have. But he's not the pick of this coaching staff and they are going to like who they like

Tuel better have his bags packed. He's outta here after this weekend. EJ would be next, which is a shame because he has the highest ceiling of any of the QB's we have. But he's not the pick of this coaching staff and they are going to like who they like

I don't see Whaley letting him go without giving him one final season

Trade up to where? Petty shouldn't go before the 3rd or 4th round IMHO

He probably should not but QBs are routinely over-drafted, so I would be surprised if either Petty or Grayson were still available in the third round.