Serious About Drafting Bryce Petty?

Well, you're smarter than me! I was surprised.

He has so much to work on before he'd be ready to play in the NFL. He's a big time project who might not ever be able to translate his abilities to the NFL. In my view, he was always a mid to late round prospect partially because was not asked to do what an NFL QB has to in his college system.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, a qb got to play every game and progressed? Shocking! Ej had his whole rookie season interrupted and got benched at 2-2. He didn't get a chance to progress.

Carr didn't have a better rookie year than EJ. Yet some people fall in love with something because it's different. If Carr put up those numbers in Buffalo, people would be running him out of town.

And this isn't about Carr. I don't know if he will be good. It's just how folks talk out of both sides of their mouth. If you eliminate the TB game, EJ threw 11 tds and 5 ints as a rookie.

It's also not all about the numbers. Carr did make huge strides last year. And I agree, Marrone gave up on EJ way too early. Edited by Ouijaman

Prisoners of the moment. And it's not about loyalty as much as it is about a guy getting a fair shot.

Why GMs would be so impressed over a guy the completed 58% of his passes for 5.4 ypa is beyond me.

If EJ can't improve under the first real NFL OC he has had, I would gladly turn the page.

Well, it looks like EJ is going to get his chance.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN 1m1 minute ago

Jets select QB Bryce Petty.

Adam Caplan @caplannfl 26s26 seconds ago

#Jets drafted QB Bryce Petty. One OC I spoke with said he has to sit year one--at least. Large learning curve, but big upside. #NYJpick

3 retweets 1 favorite

two years behind Fitz and he is golden.

Now if we had more picks we could have had him in the the 3rd

He has so much to work on before he'd be ready to play in the NFL. He's a big time project who might not ever be able to translate his abilities to the NFL. In my view, he was always a mid to late round prospect partially because was not asked to do what an NFL QB has to in his college system.

Lots of college QBs don't play in a pro system. Some get drafted high regardless.

True the Baylor system is super simple and tells us that he has a lot to learn, but he's got a good head on his shoulders and playing where he did doesn't prove that he can't make the adjustment with good coaching either. I would prefer a guy like that than a guy who played in a pro system and basically proved that he had serious issues that typically prevent him from transitioning.

Lots of college QBs don't play in a pro system. Some get drafted high regardless.

True the Baylor system is super simple and tells us that he has a lot to learn, but he's got a good head on his shoulders and playing where he did doesn't prove that he can't make the adjustment with good coaching either. I would prefer a guy like that than a guy who played in a pro system and basically proved that he had serious issues that typically prevent him from transitioning.

We'll see, but he doesn't impress me.

We'll see, but he doesn't impress me.

I generally like to see young players succeed, but if you're right the Bills will be a lot further ahead.

I just have a fear of us falling further behind the curve in the AFC East at the all important position.

For the running game to work in the NFL you need to be able to throw the football and one thing we do know is that Petty has superior arm talent.

I generally like to see young players succeed, but if you're right the Bills will be a lot further ahead.

I just have a fear of us falling further behind the curve in the AFC East at the all important position.

For the running game to work in the NFL you need to be able to throw the football and one thing we do know is that Petty has superior arm talent.

I'll concede that point, but it's everything that has to happen before delivering the football at the NFL level that he'll need to prove that he can do that has be skeptical.

I think the larger issue is that the Bills' QB situation remains terrible and they aren't addressing it. Again (as of yet).

So you wanted them to waste picks on guys they didn't like?

I am perfectly content to role with the QBs we have......

In essence Bryce Petty IS EJ Manuel........so why not see if EJ isnt the answer....

If he isnt....we have a 1st rounder next year

That's a great point John. EJ is basically the same age as Petty and has NFL experience.

I think the larger issue is that the Bills' QB situation remains terrible and they aren't addressing it. Again (as of yet).

they signed 2 new QBs in FA. May take one still as you said but beyond the 1st two picks of the draft, none of the QBs are immediate options. All projects. I'm fine taking one day 3. Didn't want one day 2. Edited by YoloinOhio

two years behind Fitz and he is golden.

Now if we had more picks we could have had him in the the 3rd

No team has patience to let someone sit anymore when they don't have a viable option at QB. The pressure of the unknown QB that could be discovered if only "they just played him" is going to be too great for the Jets especially. Unless Fitz has some awesome games, and transforms into a starting QB, they will throw Petty in at some point either this year or after parting with Geno, or Fitz next offseason, they will put him out there in 2016.

I do wish we would have kept Fitz despite the price instead of picking up glass kolb to fill the gap while Manuel sits.

Edited by What a Tuel