Shane Ray has foot issue; update- cited for marijuana

Would ya? Would be major value in the 2nd

@ArifHasanNFL: .@LanceZierlein says on http://t.co/HpA218qGnYthat Shane Ray will need surgery on foot, 5 months recovery. "Could drop out of first"

@nfldraftscout: Per @BKSportsTalk, Missouri defender Shane Ray cited for marijuana possession this morning outside Columbia, MO. https://t.co/dDYR1aIhKg

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could pretty much wipe out year 1 impact - might have him healthy and ready to play by November, but he would need to get in "game shape"....but that said, I just might!! Haha

There is a difference between "dropping out of the first" and dropping all the way down to 50 though....and I'm not interested in a trade up

How would it work regarding a roster spot?

If he's not ready to go you put him on IR-designated return

If he or Gregory are there at 50 then you take them. Given the way this class stacks up, I really don't expect there to be much difference between the guy who goes #19 and the guys available at #50, unless one of the top ~12 prospects fall to 19.

If he's not ready to go you put him on IR-designated return

If he or Gregory are there at 50 then you take them. Given the way this class stacks up, I really don't expect there to be much difference between the guy who goes #19 and the guys available at #50, unless one of the top ~12 prospects fall to 19.

if hes not ready you put him on PUP, instead of taking up the spot for designated return.

I guess this is where you stick to your board as a GM. This is why I couldn't be a GM. If Shane ray or randy Gregory fall to 50 or close enough where you could reasonably trade up and you have a top 15 grade on them you likely should pounce. But to me I would have such a difficult time looking past a need, like if I could get a OL who i gave a 2nd rd grade - say AJ cann or laken Tomlinson for example. Whaley is a risk taker. I don't know if he will be faced with a decision like this but it makes the draft intriguing.

I guess this is where you stick to your board as a GM. This is why I couldn't be a GM. If Shane ray or randy Gregory fall to 50 or close enough where you could reasonably trade up and you have a top 15 grade on them you likely should pounce. But to me I would have such a difficult time looking past a need, like if I could get a OL who i gave a 2nd rd grade - say AJ cann or laken Tomlinson for example. Whaley is a risk taker. I don't know if he will be faced with a decision like this but it makes the draft intriguing.

i wouldnt be surprised AT ALL to see a pass rusher or big body taken high. you need a lot of them in the rotation if you want them going 100% every play. we saw how bad the defense hurt when MD was off the field (i know not a shane ray equivalent, but discussing the wider issue of front 4). Getting a starter quality player as your 3rd in rotation at DE or DT would be a huge pickup for this team still.

Edited by NoSaint

What also makes this intriguing is we don't really know what the coaches and FO feel about last year's o-line draftees. Do they have some optimism? Zero optimism? We're working blind here.

Well well well (yes I know he probably won't fall to 50). But interesting all these injuries being leaked a week before draft. Ray, Ajai, Clemmings.

@RapSheet: Pitt OT TJ Clemmings had a stress fracture in his foot discovered on a team visit, sources says. He didnt feel pain, didnt know it existed

Lock Ray in! He would be solid rotational guy

Well well well (yes I know he probably won't fall to 50). But interesting all these injuries being leaked a week before draft. Ray, Ajai, Clemmings.

@RapSheet: Pitt OT TJ Clemmings had a stress fracture in his foot discovered on a team visit, sources says. He didnt feel pain, didnt know it existed

As for Clemmings, I had a similar injury. The sucky part is I thought it was planter fascitis. Turned out to be a stress fracture in the heel. It wasn't painful at all, just annoying once in a while--until the fracture was found. Shouldn't be too much of a deal for his draft status Edited by KollegeStudnet