Favorite moment as a Bills fan

There have been some sentimental threads flying around lately so I thought that this was a great place to pick our favorite moments as a Bills fan. Let's see if we can have just 1. For me I loved the sale of the team, had a blast at the comeback game, Lawyer Milloy's 1st game, enjoyed the goal posts being torn down (even though my dad wouldn't let me partake) but the Raiders AFC Championship is first. I remember the whole stadium standing and singing "I've got a feeling..." in the 3rd quarter. The 2nd half was a coronation, not a competition.

What is your single favorite moment as a Bills fan?

yep

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New England few years back. Brother, his 3 oldest boys, and the fellas that come to every Pats game with me in Buffalo. His oldest son was driving, was 17 at the time , convinced his pop he could a few beers before the game. We made him drink Genny, and he questioned whether it was worth it LOL

Last game I went to with my brother....what a great day. Sunny, he was just getting strength back after chemo...lord, I swear I can remember every play. Watching Freddie run around with that Bills flag, awesome to see just the totally stunned faces of my Pats buddies. Oh, the chit we gave them for the next 5 hours. What a game.

After the game my brother, ever the coach, trying to coach up youngins in Hammers Lot till we lost light. Never seen a smile so wide. He was in his element.

Had to end the day as only the Lenz's could. with a dead battery and Hammer to the rescue!

So many other great moments...even if I only count the ones I was in person in Rich/Ralph.

The Streak Buster against the Phins

Butlers 4 tds

The Rams Conga Line

51-3

Comeback

All with my brother, damn I wish he was here for this year. Just like Stojs grand pa and Eballs dad.....

:thumbsup::beer:

For me it would be, without question, the 51-3 AFC championship game against the Raiders.

As the game ended, we all looked at each other and thought: "My God, we are the best team in football. We can't be stopped. We are about to win the Superbowl."

That was the high water mark of this franchise, unfortunately.

That was in what? January of 1991? I still remember that feeling very well and want to feel it again with this team!

These are some awesome memories. Thanks guys. Unfortunately I was a bit young for the super bowl years, but in recent memory I'd have to say even though it ended horribly the 2011 season the first 5 games. First we utterly destroyed the Chiefs. Then we had a nail biter to the finish with the Raiders with a Fitz to Nelson TD to put us over the top. Then of course the come back and shock the Pats game. I went to that game and it was an unforgettable experience. Brady threw 4 picks and the stadium was going mad. Then another nail biter with the Bengals in which we lost. And finally I went to the Eagles game with a group of people and a couple sour "dream team" fans :lol: who just couldn't believe they lost to the Bills. Lose another close one with the Giants. Then shutout the Redskins.

Then the season went to hell. But it was awesome while it lasted.

Shutting out the Patriots 31-0 with Bledsoe in 2003 is up there as well, but is cheapened by the fact they precisely returned the favor at the end of the year by shutting us out 31-0.

Edited by What a Tuel

Definitely the AFC Championship game verses the Raiders. I won our company lottery for their seats on the 50 and froze my butt off! Great, great memories and for me, pre, during and post game, The game of the ages!

You not own a coat? That game was not cold at all... Raider playoff game couple years late cold as all get out though

#3 is vs. Dallas in 1984. Greg Bell takes the first play of the game 85 yds for a TD, winless Bills upset Dallas. First game I went to that the won. (I was 6)

win.

Ha...this is an absolutely true story . I was in school in Western Pa and played a sport where we traveled every weekend in the fall.so don't see a Bills game all year .

Night before broke a bone in arm, but with some liquid help go to sleep. Get to hospital in Grove City PA about 12.45 with an arm that is all kinds of nasty purple and about 2x regular size.

Wouldn't you know, Stillers were the Monday night game that week, and on the TV in the waiting room, up pops this game. I sat there all 3 hours watching ...told them just forget about me till the game over...I ain't budging from the TV...and man I remember the doc and everybody there laughing at how I could care so much about a stupid winless team.

Great, great game!

Edited by plenzmd1

'74 Opener, MNF vs Raiders. Late Bills comeback has the place jumping. Then Bubby Braxton fumbles, Art Thoms scoops and scrambles for go ahead TD with a minute to play. Coulda heard a pin drop.. Undaunted -and aided by Raider Personal Fouls, Fergy hit Rashad for 2nd straight TD right in front of my end zone seats! STILL wasn't over. 1 Stabler completion and George Blanda trots out with 2 seconds left for a 50 yarder.

Wide Right!

'74 Opener, MNF vs Raiders. Late Bills comeback has the place jumping. Then Bubby Braxton fumbles, Art Thoms scoops and scrambles for go ahead TD with a minute to play. Coulda heard a pin drop.. Undaunted -and aided by Raider Personal Fouls, Fergy hit Rashad for 2nd straight TD right in front of my end zone seats! STILL wasn't over. 1 Stabler completion and George Blanda trots out with 2 seconds left for a 50 yarder.

Wide Right!

I have to agree with that one; also the 1973 MNF game when OJ hit 1000 yards at game 7!

Week 3 of 2011, it was the last home game I attended. We came back from a 21-10 halftime score to defeat Tom Brady and the Pats* 34-31 and Tom Brady threw 4 picks. When the game ended nearly the entire stadium stayed in their seats and cheered for probably 15 minutes, but it felt like an hour, and it felt absolutely amazing.

he last pick by drayton florence was incredible.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/WK3-Cant-Miss-Play-Florence-pick-six/39c6c34c-9fc6-4255-b39e-1372cfef7075

Edited by billsgpr88

But for some reason, Opening Day in Miami 1989, Jim Kelly diving for a touchdown as he's sandwiched by two Dolphins on the last play of the game for the win, stands

out in my mind.

That one will always be special for me as well. First year of marrage, newly purchased first first home, beautiful weather and a housewarming party, watching the game in the sun porch with family and close friends.

My neighbor later told me he thought about dialing 911 when he heard the screams from everyone when Kelly scored. Great memories...

Maybe I'm twisted, and it certainly wasn't my favorite game - - - but here's my favorite moment:

Don Beebe in an all-out length of the field sprint to knock the ball out of showboating Leon Lett's hand just before he crossed the goal line in a Super Bowl where we were already very badly beaten.

Give me 21 starters with half that much heart, and it won't matter who plays QB this year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/0ap2000000148850/Don-Beebe-catches-Leon-Lett

Not any particular game, but watching Cookie was pretty special. Went to a few of his games. As I recall, he wanted Billy Joe to get some playing time, so they switched jerseys at the half. Not many players would do that for someone. Cookie was his own man and a little nuts. He detailed the side of his Caddy with Lookie Lookie Here Comes Cookie in reverse so you could read it in your side view mirror before he blew by you. The teams in the mid sixties were solid on both sides of the ball. Ralph was just learning how to be cheap.

It's impossible to count all of the great moments but whenever this question pops up "the comeback" is always the first thing I think of. I've told the story before many times, but to be there with my dad and two good buddies, sitting near the top of the upper deck while we watched fans leaving, then later streaming back, jumping around, hugging everyone...I don't know how many moments of pure, unadulterated joy a person gets in his life but that was one of mine.

It's impossible to count all of the great moments but whenever this question pops up "the comeback" is always the first thing I think of. I've told the story before many times, but to be there with my dad and two good buddies, sitting near the top of the upper deck while we watched fans leaving, then later streaming back, jumping around, hugging everyone...I don't know how many moments of pure, unadulterated joy a person gets in his life but that was one of mine.

Dude, your avatar is disturbing on so many levels.