Favorite moment as a Bills fan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back during the SB years , we played against The Saints . I believe this was the same year Kelly and Young had the no punt game. Anyhow, The Bills ended up winning a brutal slugfest. The score was like 10-12 or something. The Saints had that 3-4 D with Mill, Swilling , Kirkland(?) and someone else and they were tough. This is back when we used to get killed every year by Pittsburg or KC in a game where we would just get out physicaled. This looked like it would be the same kind of game and the Saints were favored.

After the game Kelly got up on the podium, he'd been beaten to hell, and looked it. He said something like, Before I answer questions let me ask one, " Who in here thought we were going to win this game?" A few reporters raised their hands and he exploded at them, " YOU'RE A LIAR, YOU'RE A LIAR AND YOU'RE A LIAR!!!! No one other than us thought we could win this game!!!!!!

To this day, I get chills when I remember that presser.

That moment epitomized who and what those SB teams where all about. I would kill to find a copy of that post game press conference.

Back during the SB years , we played against The Saints . I believe this was the same year Kelly and Young had the no punt game. Anyhow, The Bills ended up winning a brutal slugfest. The score was like 10-12 or something. The Saints had that 3-4 D with Mill, Swilling , Kirkland(?) and someone else and they were tough. This is back when we used to get killed every year by Pittsburg or KC in a game where we would just get out physicaled. This looked like it would be the same kind of game and the Saints were favored.

After the game Kelly got up on the podium, he'd been beaten to hell, and looked it. He said something like, Before I answer questions let me ask one, " Who in here thought we were going to win this game?" A few reporters raised their hands and he exploded at them, " YOU'RE A LIAR, YOU'RE A LIAR AND YOU'RE A LIAR!!!! No one other than us thought we could win this game!!!!!!

That moment epitomized who and what those SB teams where all about. I would kill to find a copy of that post game press conference.

I think you're referring to the Dome Patrol LB group: Rickey Jackson, Vaughan Johnson, Sam Mills and Pat Swilling

This may be sick but ..............................

After we lost the first Super Bowl and everybody was gathered downtown cheering for Scott Norwood, and him getting emotional at the podium.

Yeah I KNOW we lost .... and I still cringe when somebody says either wide or right, but that was the moment that I was proudest to call myself a Bills fan.

+1 I was there too. Great moment in the wake of that loss.

After we lost the first Super Bowl and everybody was gathered downtown cheering for Scott Norwood, and him getting emotional at the podium.

Yeah I KNOW we lost .... and I still cringe when somebody says either wide or right, but that was the moment that I was proudest to call myself a Bills fan.

I like this one quite a bit as well. It really speaks to what a great fan base we are. Do you think that the same thing would have happened in Boston? Bill Buckner was in hiding for 15+ years.

Remember that very well, great stuff.

Jim Kelly's 1st home game against the jests (one of the few games I got to see in person). When they announced the starters and Kelly ran out, Rich Stadium was as loud as I'd heard it in years. You KNEW we were trending upwards as a franchise.

Still give's me the goose bumps just thinking about it!

Edited by qwksilver

Yep! With family -- most amazing game in stadium I have ever been to....

Second is the 2011 Pats game....had my then 12 year old daughter, 9 year old son and 6 year old son with me...by the end of the first quarter the 6 year old said "I want to go back to the hotel" -- I said-- "This is the Bills my dear one-- just when you think it is darkest there is light and just when you think there is brightness there is dark on the horizon." Fleeting times where a dad looks smart to his kids -- the Bills made me look good that day...

Edited by Formerly Joe F

I remember when Kelly did that. It was all over sportscenter(thats when it was good). Man he had some set of balls!Great Times those years.

One of my favorites is when (during the super bowl years) we were playing indy at night. It was when tnt did the broadcast and Kenny stabler was

set up right in front of us. he had just gotten nailed for a dwi and we harrassed him the whole time. He was having fun with us ...good times

and we slaughtered Indy

Too many great games, and you guys have named many. The clip below was a great time and fun time to be a Bills fan.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/1990-Three-Straight-Come-From-Behind-Victories/f1793f31-d7f1-4abb-9c20-82fd3e075d7a

As for the best call.....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xag52o_ben-dreith-best-referee-announcemen_sport

Sept. 29, 1968 vs Jets. Listening to Van call the game. Namath threw 5 TDs -2 to Jets and 3 Pick 6's including Tommy Janik's 101 yarder. Butch & Booker took 'Em to the House as well. 5 picks total and we squeak out our only win of the Season 37-35. We went on to Draft OJ, Jets went on to World Champions.

Read it in old timers thread; "I think Dan Darragh can be a good QB if we can just get some good OL.."

I will NEVER forget that moment. It made me understand what it meant to love a team beyond its wins and loses. Also taught me that we are the best fans in the world.