Hairston signs with Chargers

I thought he was a decent backup swing tackle. Not sure what happened to him.

This does give us six lost FA and only four signed. So maybe Spikes or Landry comes aboard soon.

I'm not so sure he falls into the compensatory formula since he wasn't tendered. From OTC:

If a player is not tendered or the tender is rescinded before a player is signed he immediately becomes an unrestricted free agent that is free to sign with any team in the NFL. These players should not factor in the compensatory draft equations. It is rare that RFAs switch teams but it does occasionally happen- last season Andrew Hawkins signed an offer sheet with the Browns which the Bengals failed to match.

This does give us six lost FA and only four signed. So maybe Spikes or Landry comes aboard soon.

I agree, I liked Hairston for depth purposes and didn't think he was terrible when inserted into the lineup.

@BillsDraft: Former #Bills OT Chris Hairston signing with #Chargers. https://t.co/qagyX0NuKi

@C_Hairston75: Wanna thank the city of Buffalo/OP, the coaches I've had there and most of all the fans #BillsMafia I really enjoyed my time in OP

Good for him. He is reunited with coach who made him productive swing tackle.

Somewhat surprised Whaley couldn't pull off a player for player swap - Hairston for Rhinegold.

Chad Rhinehart wanted to go to San Diego to play for Joe D'Alessandris. He appeared to be cut in cost saving move and way to weaken Denver.

Marone's biggest mistake was not keeping Joe D'Alessandris.

Edited by Koolaid

He was actually a starter in Gaileys offense for a while and did a really good job. Once Glen arrived, he never really got a chance to get back on the field.

Wait-- I thought I saw Schefter report that after he made the pro bowl last year, he changed the spelling of his name to honor his German grandmother, who spelled it as Rheinghold.

I didn't see that but you keep track of these thing more than I do. We're both in agreement, though, that his name is not "Chad", correct??