EJ worked out with former NFL QB Steve DeBerg

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought backup QBs made the best coaches

Watch my career film and don't do that

Starters make enough money so they don't have to make the sacrifices coaching demands

Edited by MarkyMannn

Does you guys remember the EJ "lull" last year?

I recall 1/2 our section sleeping by the second quarter, he would literally lull us to sleep. That is how boring our offense was.

Orton really sparked that offense and saved the season.

What is this guy going to teach EJ that is actually going to help when real bullets are flying?

Imo

Does you guys remember the EJ "lull" last year?

I recall 1/2 our section sleeping by the second quarter, he would literally lull us to sleep. That is how boring our offense was.

Orton really sparked that offense and saved the season.

What is this guy going to teach EJ that is actually going to help when real bullets are flying?

Imo

LOL

On his wiki page it says DeBerg acquired a reputation for playing through "unique and gruesome injuries" such as laryngitis in 1990 when he wore a portable voice amplifier during the game and a 1993 playoff game was played with an exposed metal pin in his non throwing hand.

I would have rather had EJ working out with Steve YOUNG than Steve DEBERG!! Even though both QBs were former BUCS, Young had "wheels" where Deberg was "stuck in the mud". Young could've gave EJ some insight into using his legs more at the QB position

the article says he's working on his throwing motion

DeBerg is being interviewed on the John Murphy Show. His kids went to FSU. EJ changed agents and hired Eugene Parker - who hooked them up. He analyzed EJ's throwing motion, found some things he could improve on. He has 3 yrs exp as Nfl Qb coach. Said he was very athletic, driven, extremely dedicated, wants to learn. Rare combination of size and athleticism. They studied certain QBs as to what makes them exceptional throwers. Says he improved tremendously. Quicker release, accuracy, footwork. The main way to improve accuracy is technique. He said he put the work in and feels he has improved in peripheral vision and looking off defense.

Listening to DeBerg on the John Murphy show now. Sounds like he has no idea what he's talking about. Or maybe he's nervous I don't know. He's all over the place though. Anyone else listening?

lol I was posting at same time. He isn't a polished speaker.

On his wiki page it says DeBerg acquired a reputation for playing through "unique and gruesome injuries" such as laryngitis in 1990 when he wore a portable voice amplifier during the game and a 1993 playoff game was played with an exposed metal pin in his non throwing hand.

I remember the close up of the exposed pin and the stitches. That was one nasty injury to play through. I'm sure it was well numbed up, but just taking a snap would have been an adventure. Hope he can help EJ, but some things just come with the DNA. Hoping for the best...