EJ worked out with former NFL QB Steve DeBerg

Oh, well if he is learning from the great Steve DeBerg then we are all set. He will transform EJ into a quality backup QB. Super Bowl!!!

You guys (not you specifically diggz) are never happy. When there are clips of EJ throwing to Hagen, it's "big deal, that's not what he needs to improve, it's making quick decisive reads that's his issue and he should get in the film room and work with someone on that". Now it's news he's been working with someone probably on the film and reads, and we don't like it 'cuz his name isn't "Brees".

News flash, former stars don't necessarily want to coach, and if they do coach, they're not necessarily able to break down and teach what they do as well as they could do it.

The guy wants to get better, give him some credit.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys (not you specifically diggz) are never happy. When there are clips of EJ throwing to Hagen, it's "big deal, that's not what he needs to improve, it's making quick decisive reads that's his issue and he should get in the film room and work with someone on that". Now it's news he's been working with someone probably on the film and reads, and we don't like it 'cuz his name isn't "Brees".

News flash, former stars don't necessarily want to coach, and if they do coach, they're not necessarily able to break down and teach what they do as well as they could do it.

The guy wants to get better, give him some credit.

ej said film is one of the things DeBerg helped with. He sent him all of his film from NFL (as well as some from college) and DeBerg studied it and gave him feedback. Seems like a good thing to do in the offseason. I really don't get why some actually have acted like this is not a good thing for EJ to do. He has no access to team coaches in the offseason. He can watch it himself obviously, but of course it is better to also get the opinion of a guy who played the position for a really long time as well as coached it. Baffling really that it's met with any negativity. Edited by YoloinOhio

Does you guys remember the EJ "lull" last year?

I recall 1/2 our section sleeping by the second quarter, he would literally lull us to sleep. That is how boring our offense was.

Orton really sparked that offense and saved the season.

Orton saved the season did he? What did he save it for, and having saved it, how is he planning to use it now?

After three very strong games, Orton regressed to his career self - one good game, one 52 or 54 or 56 or 58% completion game several of which he scored no TD or 2x as many INTs to TD. Then there was that 3rd down slide.

I bet your section was really awake and cheering for those.

Orton saved the season did he? What did he save it for, and having saved it, how is he planning to use it now?

After three very strong games, Orton regressed to his career self - one good game, one 52 or 54 or 56 or 58% completion game several of which he scored no TD or 2x as many INTs to TD. Then there was that 3rd down slide.

I bet your section was really awake and cheering for those.

You guys are never happy.

FWIW, I thought this was a really good listen. Gotta be rooting for EJ...

It was a really good interview. I sense a little bit more of an "edge" to EJ.

I like the fact that he said "I don't want to just sit here and talk about it, I want to do it..."

Also, I like the fact that he was specific about the change in his throwing motion. He mentioned that he had always been coached to have a high, "over the top" delivery, and DeBerg helped him to correct it. He sounds confident that he hascorrected it. Maybe not a big deal, but it is something I have noticed over the course of his two years in the league, a tendency to throw the ball high, where nobody can catch it.

You guys are never happy.

Well, the way I saw it when they made the move to Orton is was playoffs or bust. I would have absolutely been happy had it resulted in the playoffs.There were no playoffs, hence it was a bust.

I'm trying to figure out how benching the young guy for the end-of-the-road vet makes some people "happy" and feel he "saved the season" when the team sat out of the playoffs once again (despite one of the best Ds in the league.)

Well, the way I saw it when they made the move to Orton is was playoffs or bust. I would have absolutely been happy had it resulted in the playoffs.There were no playoffs, hence it was a bust.

I'm trying to figure out how benching the young guy for the end-of-the-road vet makes some people "happy" and feel he "saved the season" when the team sat out of the playoffs once again (despite one of the best Ds in the league.)

First winning season in a decade is a pretty good consolation prize.

First winning season in a decade is a pretty good consolation prize.

Yeah, the D almost got them into the playoffs single-handedly. Unfortunately it takes a slightly more complete team to finish the deal.

Really? You have low standards.

After a decade of 6-10? Maybe. But ask Kyle Williams how it felt to have the first winning season of his career. I doubt it meant nothing.

Yeah, the D almost got them into the playoffs single-handedly. Unfortunately it takes a slightly more complete team to finish the deal.

And that's irrelevant.

ej said film is one of the things DeBerg helped with. He sent him all of his film from NFL (as well as some from college) and DeBerg studied it and gave him feedback. Seems like a good thing to do in the offseason. I really don't get why some actually have acted like this is not a good thing for EJ to do. He has no access to team coaches in the offseason. He can watch it himself obviously, but of course it is better to also get the opinion of a guy who played the position for a really long time as well as coached it. Baffling really that it's met with any negativity.

Because he is doing it to improve his game. If he has to improve his game, that means he sucks.

So the way you see it, Whaley bringing in an "end of the the road vet" was clearly a "playoff or bust move"?

How is that a playoff or bust move?

After the Jets hired Bowles (Jan 15th) those same experts that he cited were claiming Marrone has nothing to worry about, and he will easily find a head coaching position elsewhere for the same reasons they originally stated.

MArrone signed with the Jags 5 days later.