Mock Drafts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fanspeak is fun. Worth the $5 to get the premium service and their draft guide. Just did this..with the composite big board and probably 10 trades --

68 - R3P4
G A.J. CANN
SOUTH CAROLINA
81 - R3P17
OLB LORENZO MAULDIN
LOUISVILLE
100 - R4P1
ILB TAIWAN JONES
MICHIGAN STATE
140 - R5P4
TE TYLER KROFT
RUTGERS
155 - R5P19
WR TONY LIPPETT
MICHIGAN STATE
177 - R6P1
OLB DAVIS TULL
CHATTANOOGA
179 - R6P3
RB MATT JONES
FLORIDA
188 - R6P12
DT LEON ORR
FLORIDA

Orr is the huge kid who got benched for one game and left the team in November. He wasn't let back on....I just read a story about he and his agent -- his agent is also a high school principal in the Schenectady area....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2014/12/02/leon-orrs-agent-opens-up-about-representing-the-controversial-florida-gator/

Might be worth a flyer...

So NFL.com recently did a 7 round mock and it was pretty interesting. To save you the time, here are the Bill's projected picks:

Rd2: Bernardrick McKinney - ILB/Mississippi State

Rd3: Derron Smith - S/Fresno State (Ali Marpet and Daryl Williams were still available at this point)

Rd5: Kenny Bell - WR/Nebraska

Rd6: Max Valles - OLB/Virginia & Quayshawne Buckley - DT/Idaho

Rd7: Zach Zenner - RB/South Dakota State

I thought it was interesting that there were no OL and no QB's taken, despite opportunities.

So NFL.com recently did a 7 round mock and it was pretty interesting. To save you the time, here are the Bill's projected picks:

Rd2: Bernardrick McKinney - ILB/Mississippi State

Rd3: Derron Smith - S/Fresno State (Ali Marpet and Daryl Williams were still available at this point)

Rd5: Kenny Bell - WR/Nebraska

Rd6: Max Valles - OLB/Virginia & Quayshawne Buckley - DT/Idaho

Rd7: Zach Zenner - RB/South Dakota State

I thought it was interesting that there were no OL and no QB's taken, despite opportunities.

I'm all on board with McKinney.

McShay and Kiper did a joint mock for 3 rounds, had us taking Grayson in the 2nd and Marcus Golden (DE/OLB) in the 3rd. I find it interesting all the national writers rip on our oline as why our ground & pound won't work, then none of them mock us available olinemen. However, the national guys always miss the Bills pick and usually just take the lazy approach with them in mocks.

50: R2P18

CB BYRON JONES

CONNECTICUT

81: R3P17

G TRE' JACKSON

FLORIDA ST

155: R5P19

WR DARREN WALLER

GEORGIA TECH

188: R6P12

TE JESSE JAMES

PENN STATE

194: R6P18

WR CHRIS CONLEY

GEORGIA

234: R7P17

OT JAMON BROWN

LOUISVILLE

Seriously?! You drafted our starting guards for the future, got a 5th WR that can take the top off, the best athlete and potential replacement for mckelvin...and still got the giant WR with potential and a chandler clone...well played!

I'm all on board with McKinney.

McShay and Kiper did a joint mock for 3 rounds, had us taking Grayson in the 2nd and Marcus Golden (DE/OLB) in the 3rd. I find it interesting all the national writers rip on our oline as why our ground & pound won't work, then none of them mock us available olinemen. However, the national guys always miss the Bills pick and usually just take the lazy approach with them in mocks.

Yeah I saw that one too, the whole mock thing is crazy anyway but I think they're fun and interesting in a fairly dull NFL news time of year. Heck, I did a 3 round mock myself and I'll be ecstatic if I get 10 of my 99 picks correct.

my prediction

Buffalo selects a QB with the second of their 5th round picks or a 6th.

Why you ask? because IIRC they usually select one in later rounds

we only have 1 5th and we have 2 6th's now after the Cassel trade. Rd6 Pick12 seems about right for a Brandon Bridge type guy though

Would absolutely love the Wisconin kid in the 3rd round. I was really impressed with him during Senior Bowl week, and I think he would make a perfect RT. Only problem is that I don't see him playing OG in the NFL. Clive Walford in the 2nd would have me doing back flips.

Vic Carucci made a solid argument about tackle being a bigger need than guard. They really have nothing behind Glenn and Henderson, and they have a bunch of guards. Incognito is good, and Williams may be decent if he's healthy. The fact hat they haven't cut him suggests they think he's on the mend.

Vic Carucci made a solid argument about tackle being a bigger need than guard. They really have nothing behind Glenn and Henderson, and they have a bunch of guards. Incognito is good, and Williams may be decent if he's healthy. The fact hat they haven't cut him suggests they think he's on the mend.

was just thinking about this the Bills only have 3 OTs on the roster, I'd think you'd want to go into training camp with 6 - they have 8 OGs and only one could possibly be considered as an emergency OT (Chris Williams) - this is like the third off-season where the Bills have gone in vowing to address OL issues and so far has been inadequate to the task.

Rd 2 - Cameron Erving C/OT Florida State - Immediate Depth at Center and Tackle, eventual replacement for Wood

Rd 3 - Laken Tomlinson G Duke - Depth and potential starter at guard

Rd 5 - Garrett Grayson QB Colorado St - Accurate, need someone who can hit open receivers if no one on current roster can

Rd 6a - Nick O'leary TE Fla St - This is where #2 TE is addressed. Blake Bell from Oklahoma if O'leary is gone

Rd 6b - Xavier Williams DT Northern Iowa - Will have time to learn and develop behind veteran line. Sure to get a look from Whaley because of last name.

Rd 7 - Tony Washington OLB Oregon - Depth and special teams contributor

Rd 2 - Cameron Erving C/OT Florida State - Immediate Depth at Center and Tackle, eventual replacement for Wood

imho, you dont draft "depth" players with your first couple picks. Find some starters.

Yes, a team needs depth. But you can get that in later rounds or UDFA.

Rd 5 - Garrett Grayson QB Colorado St - Accurate, need someone who can hit open receivers if no one on current roster can

If any of those players are there at those picks the Bills will run to the podium

imho, you dont draft "depth" players with your first couple picks. Find some starters.

Yes, a team needs depth. But you can get that in later rounds or UDFA.

Here is the thing. The last time the Bills didn't have 2 picks in the top 44 was 2005 (outside of last year 2 in the first 41). That is where the "must find starters with first two picks" mentality stems from. Picks 50 and beyond you can hope for immediate impact but realistically you're thinking depth, development, and special teams outside of the top 50.

Here is what I got from OTC Composite board: Was happy to get Anthony and Randall at defensive positions of need, and Boyle in the 7th.

50 - R2P18
ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY
CLEMSON
81 - R3P17
S DAMARIOUS RANDALL
ARIZONA STATE
155 - R5P19
OT COREY ROBINSON
SOUTH CAROLINA
188 - R6P12
CB TROY HILL
OREGON
194 - R6P18
OT JAMON BROWN
LOUISVILLE
234 - R7P17
TE NICK BOYLE
DELAWARE

Where the heck is all the mock draft stuff? I know last year I posted one a bit early, but I mean it feels like theres no posts this year.

Used Fanspeaks draft simulator, and using their rankings I had some really hard choices to make. Came out with this and while I would have loved to pick up another corner/safety or possible OT as we swing someone inside to guard, since I am no where near skilled enough to make those kind of deductions on current player skills for the team I was pretty happy with this outcome. Let me know what you guys think (Also Maxx Williams goes to use as the second TE off the board which I feel is completely unreasonable but I'll take it on draft day every day of the week)

TE MAXX WILLIAMS
MINNESOTA
G JEREMIAH POUTASI
UTAH
TE TYLER KROFT
RUTGERS
ILB BRYCE HAGER
BAYLOR
194: R6P18
DT TYELER DAVISON
FRESNO STATE
234: R7P17
QB CODY FAJARDO
NEVADA
So would love feed back, maybe we can get a player ranking going for who we would realistically take in each pick. Personally I love the idea of replacing Tool Time with Kap 2.0

You call THAT a Draft? Hah! A baby could do better with spinning a bottle on a dartboard. Two drunks in a bar one beer away from blackout could do better than that. Why, the Nuns of St. Mary's - who know nothing about sports would have better picks. The third graders at PS 40 know Maxx won't be available @ 50 and would make better selections. Some Draft. I mock your Draft! Tut-Tut! :ph34r::w00t:

;) I keed. I keed.

Seriously though, Maxx won't be there at 50, and I doubt they move up to get him. He would be a very, very nice pick to get though.

On Fanspeak using the Drafteck Big Board.

Like my first 3 picks a lot actually and all were near the top of the board when I took them. I think if Tomlinson is there at 50 it is a no brainer - I'd back him to win a starting job. Equally think O'Leary would be great value in the 5th. Mannion I am not a huge fan of but if he is sitting there in the 6th round why not?

YOUR PICKS
1: R2P18
G LAKEN TOMLINSON
DUKE
2: R3P17
ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY
CLEMSON
3: R5P19
TE NICK O'LEARY
FLORIDA ST
4: R6P12
S KURTIS DRUMMOND
MICHIGAN ST
5: R6P18
QB SEAN MANNION
OREGON ST

6: R7P17
OLB ALANI FUA
BYU

If Whaley really is looking to trade down, it will be to obtain a pick one round higher next year. So basically the Bills will move down to the spot where the trading team is, plus gain an additional pick next year. Dealer Doug has his work cut out.

Edited by Rockinon

That site is fun! Got this using the Draftek board...

OT ERECK FLOWERS
MIAMI (FL)
CB QUINTEN ROLLINS
MIAMI (OH)
TE NICK O'LEARY
FLORIDA ST
C MAX GARCIA
FLORIDA