Harvin: The world hasnt seen me explode like I'm about to

Let's just say this is by far the most talented group of players and coaches we've had since the 90's.

Woot!!

and mccoy has yet to be mentioned!

all these points--whos our best wideout, who will benefit the most, who does the defense cover...

dont forget our all world running back sitting in the backfield either.

this is why i don't see how the starter could be anyone BUT ej... throw in his ability to keep it himself and this offense is beyond dynamic.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'd point to the Vikings parting ways with him, the multiple locker room altercations he had in Seattle, their decision to part with him despite the picks given up for him and the huge contract they gave him and the Jets decision to part ways with him after part of a season. I hope he has turned a corner and works out, but counting on it is foolish - at least at this time.

The Jets liked him but he had a 10m contract and cap hit. And you didn't really answer the question. The two people that actually worked the closest with him love him. He's also known for being a hard worker.

Its going to be an interesting season...here are some things to consider I see coming up all year:

1. Watkins, Woods, Clay, Harvin will all have a great impact on the success of this offense if healthy, but the stats wont reflect nearly the same impact. There is only one football to go around, and in a run first offense, those 4 guys will be inconsistent in terms of the stat sheet because we have so many play makers and any one of them is capable of a big week. So, while I believe Harvin can be explosive, I don't know if statistically it will come close to his most productive year simply because of how much the ball is likely to be spread around.

2. Harvin has to stay healthy. His ability speaks for itself, but its inability to stay on the field. The good news is with how many weapons we have, that may help him stay healthier as the ball is spread around more.

3. McCoy is most likely going to be a sizeable factor receiving the ball as well, taking receptions away from our talented foursome of Watkins, Woods, Harvin, and Clay.

4. I expect the "We should have taken OBJ" nonsense to not only continue and be fueled by the difference in stats of the people who only check stat sheets...all the while completely ignoring the fact that Sammy is going to be on a run first team with one of the most talented roster of offensive weapons in football to spread the ball around to while OBJ is going to be the focal point of his offense.

5. People are going to complain about Clays stats versus his contract all year because he is likely going to be inconsistent statistically again given the talent of the skill players and a run first offense...again ignoring what his real impact is and how he creates mismatches and opportunities for our 3 WRs and our Run Game.

this complaining will indeed happen but will be ignored if they win

The Jets liked him but he had a 10m contract and cap hit. And you didn't really answer the question. The two people that actually worked the closest with him love him. He's also known for being a hard worker.

we cant pretend theres no potential issue, but to act like we should expect zero contributions and only trouble from the guy is also crazy.

we cant pretend theres no potential issue, but to act like we should expect zero contributions and only trouble from the guy is also crazy.

The potential for Percy Harvin, in one year, on this team, with this coach and owner and GM and WR coach and teammates, to be an actual cancer to the point of hurting the team on the field, is tiny.

Percy has been roundly mocked across all national media platforms today. But hey, they're talking about us, right?

Its is close but no, Harvin is better

With a real QB, I'd actually lean towards Woods.

They liked him well enough to bring him in with a "show me" contract. I don't get all warm and fuzzy about any coach saying anything positive about a player on their team unless it is quantifiable. Honestly, what else are they going to say about him? The quantifiable part is 8 games, 29 receptions, 350 yards and 1 touchdown with the Jets. If I'm Rex I'm not thrilled with that production rate or his injury history, but I'd be happy to talk him up because he does have talent and because he can help the team if he lives up to that, stays healthy and feels like playing. Oh, right, that "hard worker" thing you mentioned. Did that label apply when he repeatedly benched himself when he was with Seattle? Those are just more empty words when compared with his history. Hope that answered your question. Now answer mine: What makes you think it'll all be so different with him this time around?

They liked him well enough to bring him in with a "show me" contract. I don't get all warm and fuzzy about any coach saying anything positive about a player on their team unless it is quantifiable. Honestly, what else are they going to say about him? The quantifiable part is 8 games, 29 receptions, 350 yards and 1 touchdown with the Jets. If I'm Rex I'm not thrilled with that production rate or his injury history, but I'd be happy to talk him up because he does have talent and because he can help the team if he lives up to that, stays healthy and feels like playing. Oh, right, that "hard worker" thing you mentioned. Did that label apply when he repeatedly benched himself when he was with Seattle? Those are just more empty words when compared with his history. Hope that answered your question. Now answer mine: What makes you think it'll all be so different with him this time around?

The bottom line is you either believe in our teams management when it comes to players or you dont......

Simple as that

For showing up mid season, that's great production