• B
    • C
    • D
    • F

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A is too high for someone who has yet to deliver a franchise QB. I like everything else he has done though. Solid B

name the franchise QB we realistically missed out on ?

That is quite the grading scale you have there. You make it sound so simple, I wonder why are you not a GM? You obviously have it all figured out.

You will have to explain why you said this. The OP asked people to grade Whaley and you can't even handle that.

Low B from me. There are many things to like about what he's done so far, but his biggest sin so far has been giving up a 4th for Bryce Brown who didn't contribute last year and likely won't be a factor this year - his 2015 is fully guaranteed so what do you do? The second strike against him in my mind is using a 2nd on Kujo, a guy who would have been cut had he not been drafted so high. If we don't see him play well enough to see good playing time this year we definitely wiffed on him - it happens, but it brings the grade down. Gotta shore up that line if you're steaking your entire offensive success on a power run game - it's one thing to preak it but another to do it and at this point we don't have all the pieces to do it.

I gave him a B, but should be an A. He along with Buddy and Russ have built one of the best rosters in the entire league. I am being tough because of the lack of a franchise QB, but that is the hardest position to find and so far none have been available. It's not like he hasn't been looking or trying to get better at that position. Offensive line is also a problem but i put most of the blame on Douglas "O-Line Guru" Marrone.

He has done a very good job. I don't understand the hate some people have for him but some people just love to be miserable negative Nancy's

Edited by kr632

I give him an A. He came from Pitts and seems to fit that mold which I like. He will continue to build the lines and we will have a long term very good team. McCoy will only help Fred in the locker room as long as Fred can teach him how to tip properly. Harvin will listen to Rex or he wouldn't be here.

I'd like to give Whaley a B- but that wasn't an option. I don't think he's done enough with the OL and the huge, gaping hole at QB still remains. Until the OL proves itself and the offense scores consistently without giving games away it's a B-.

Im sorry but a team can't expect to not see a drop off when 1-2 all pros go down. Likewise they can't avoid upgrading a position because the guy that filled it was well respected. If freddys half the leader he's given credit for, he will handle the "demotion" with grace.

I imagine he's working harder than ever this offseason to stay relevant. He has too much pride to be a baby, or to get lazy/depressed.

I'd like to give Whaley a B- but that wasn't an option. I don't think he's done enough with the OL and the huge, gaping hole at QB still remains. Until the OL proves itself and the offense scores consistently without giving games away it's a B-.

I figure rounding grades was the easiest.... B- = B, C+ = C, etc.

A+

I love how he built an amazing defense by bringing in guys like Mario, Dareus, Kyle, AW, Bradham, Leo. Also, great job drafting the only two good linemen on the team in Glenn and Wood.

Let's not forget about trading a first round pick for a receiver without a qb on the roster. And trading a potential star linebacker for a running back who likes to dance around in the backfield for your ground and pound offense.

Seriously, you pompom wavers need a reality check. Buddy Nix brought in more talent to this team than Whaley.

But he didn't draft Russell Wilson!! Guess who else passed on him? Every other gm in the league. Twice.

Edited by QB Bills

A+

I love how he built an amazing defense by bringing in guys like Mario, Dareus, Kyle, AW, Bradham, Leo. Also, great job drafting the only two good linemen on the team in Glenn and Wood.

Let's not forget about trading a first round pick for a receiver without a qb on the roster. And trading a potential star linebacker for a running back who likes to dance around in the backfield for your ground and pound offense.

Seriously, you pompom wavers need a reality check. Buddy Nix brought in more talent to this team than Whaley.

But he didn't draft Russell Wilson!! Guess who else passed on him? Every other gm in the league. Twice.

What's your real grade then?

I gave him an A.

Primarily because he has a Vision. He has a plan and is working it. He isnt a reactionary who just chases his tail.

Also, he is young and aggressive. We need that around these parts.

Low B from me. There are many things to like about what he's done so far, but his biggest sin so far has been giving up a 4th for Bryce Brown who didn't contribute last year and likely won't be a factor this year - his 2015 is fully guaranteed so what do you do? The second strike against him in my mind is using a 2nd on Kujo, a guy who would have been cut had he not been drafted so high. If we don't see him play well enough to see good playing time this year we definitely wiffed on him - it happens, but it brings the grade down. Gotta shore up that line if you're steaking your entire offensive success on a power run game - it's one thing to preak it but another to do it and at this point we don't have all the pieces to do it.

You are a hard grader. It seems that to you, an "A" = perfect. I wonder how many GMs in the league you would give an "A" to. I'd guess maybe 1 or 2.

You can grade how you'd like. Just an observation.

If I were to grade him strictly based on player evaluation, B+. Maybe even an A-

But an overall rating? Probably a C. He's not even in the same room as the elite GM's in the league (i.e. Newsome)

If I were to grade him strictly based on player evaluation, B+. Maybe even an A-

But an overall rating? Probably a C. He's not even in the same room as the elite GM's in the league (i.e. Newsome)

What GM is after 2 years on the job?

name the franchise QB we realistically missed out on ?

It's a glaring hole on our roster that has not been addressed so unfortunately that falls on Whaley. It was a swing and a miss on EJ it seems. Meanwhile, Derek Carr looks good, Bridgwater looks good, Bradford was traded, Winston and Mariota look good, Cutler is apparently available. I think what killed us was losing that first round pick this year. That would have given us the ammo to make something happen.

I gave him a "C", I like the guy and it appears to me that he is doing good things, but until we hit the playoffs I can't give him anything better, his effort is there, but the baby has not been delivered.

He was here and had a say in drafting EJ

He was here and had a say in hiring Marrone

He was here and had a say in the clause in Marrones contract that let him out (which is fine now, but what if we didn't want him to leave)

He was a part of and had say in giving up way too much for Watkins.

And so on, but I hope it all plays out and we win the super bowl, but for now I can't give him more than a "C" for actual results, and an "A" for effort..

A for marketing, B for football.

I thought Russ Brandon was the marketing guy? As for the B grade, this football team has the most talent on the roster since the SB teams. Many of you are grading him based on the QB position which has yet to be determined. The Bills would have a better understanding of the QB position had the former coach cared more about the future of the team and not his personal resume

Whaley is a great GM.. No GM hits them all out of the park but I like his aggressiveness and he has brought us some good players

I agree totally with this ^^^^^.

I'm giving him a B+ for the record but it wasn't one of the choices in the scale (had to pick B).

If one the QB's has an "Andy Dalton" like season I'd upgrade to an "A" for the year. Go Bills!!!

I thought Russ Brandon was the marketing guy? As for the B grade, this football team has the most talent on the roster since the SB teams. Many of you are grading him based on the QB position which has yet to be determined. The Bills would have a better understanding of the QB position had the former coach cared more about the future of the team and not his personal resume

I give him an A for marketing because Harvin et. al. are very exciting players. I give him a B for football because I think our most pressing need is interior line and we have signed one risky player.

QB is finnicky. I would've drafted one in 2014, purely based on EJ's injury concerns. I can understand why he didn't, and I know that QB's are hard to find. I don't fault him much there.