Rolling Stones at the Ralph concert thread

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a lot of grey hairs (actually, mostly women who would be grey hairs if it were not for the miracle of hair dye) all over my facebook feed today. All of them taking lots of pictures of themselves in the parking lot, etc.

One of them, I actually went to the July 4, 1978 show with. And, I thought - we didn't friggin waste all this time back then. We experienced it - we didn't have to document it for the world.

To clarify a bit, sure I document shows I go to, but I do it before hand. For the dead show last week, I got sots of each of the band members during the first song, then put my phone away for the rest of it.

There were a lot of grey hairs (actually, mostly women who would be grey hairs if it were not for the miracle of hair dye) all over my facebook feed today. All of them taking lots of pictures of themselves in the parking lot, etc.

One of them, I actually went to the July 4, 1978 show with. And, I thought - we didn't friggin waste all this time back then. We experienced it - we didn't have to document it for the world.

Also - the Sheriff's department guys directing traffic at the corner of Abbott and Milestrip following the show had no idea what they were doing and are going to get someone killed. Same thing during Bills games - it's terrible. Abbott also needs barriers between the sidewalk and the street - way too many close calls with pedestrians last night.

I am hearing that Erie County Sherriffs where not letting cars go down Abbott Rd from the Big Tree side after 5pm for some illegal reason. Me and my neighbors got pucked over. Anyone from TBD try to go down Abbott and get turned away?

Lol. Does Mick write his material? I wonder if he knew about the Brady Buffalo hotel flap when he came up with that? That joke is funny on two levels. That's gold, Jerry. GOLD!

I imagine they have people on staff who talk to locals and do some research to come up with one-liners for Mick to yell out (and he probably has no idea what he is referring to most of the time). Nice touch actually

Lol. Does Mick write his material? I wonder if he knew about the Brady Buffalo hotel flap when he came up with that? That joke is funny on two levels. That's gold, Jerry. GOLD!

That's what I was going to say. There is no way he came up with that stuff himself. How many people outside of WNY/Bills fans know about the whole Brady hotel thing.

That's what I was going to say. There is no way he came up with that stuff himself. How many people outside of WNY/Bills fans know about the whole Brady hotel thing.

Mick's a pretty smart guy. I suspect he has someone do research on each city on the tour to come up with this kind of stuff (i.e., Darwin Martin House, Lombardo's restaurant, civic hot buttons like Brady's comments). This poster didn't just get whipped out of thin air on Friday...

BUFTEE.JPG

Edited by Lurker

Mick's a pretty smart guy. I suspect he has someone do research on each city on the tour to come up with this kind of stuff (i.e., Darwin Martin House, Lombardo's restaurant, civic hot buttons like Brady's comments). This poster didn't just get whipped out of thin air on Friday...

BUFTEE.JPG

You suspect? I think it's pretty phoney. But the concert poster is pretty damn sweet. Concert posters are big. I've gone to shows and gotten in line so I could be up front and see all the people in line ahead of me and think there's no way I'll be on "the rail." Then I get in and realize they'll all there early to get a limited edition concert poster.

He and Charlie visited the FL Wright museum on the Friday before, this t-shirt and poster were borne out of that....which is super cool. I love how musicians are doing location specific concert posters again.

BUFTEE.JPG

I am hearing that Erie County Sherriffs where not letting cars go down Abbott Rd from the Big Tree side after 5pm for some illegal reason. Me and my neighbors got pucked over. Anyone from TBD try to go down Abbott and get turned away?

I don't remember the exact time, but it was between 4:30-5:00 and we had no problem getting on Abbott from Big Tree.

Rminds me of when Spinal Tap was on the Simpsons.

Nigel Tufnel:[addressing the crowd] We were told they knew how to rock in Shelbyville.

[the crowd 'boos']

Derek Smalls:But nobody rocks like...

[looks on the back of his guitar where he has placed a reminder of the name of the town they're playing in]

Derek Smalls: Springfield!

There was a lot of grey hair in that parking lot.

If you think Mick Jagger will still be out there trying to be a rock star at age fifty, then you are sadly, sadly mistaken.

MY SON ALWAYS BOUGHT THEIR RECORDS GROWING UP. I NEVER GOT IT. HE LOOKS LIKE A GIRL, AND YOU CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THEYRE SAYING!!!! ITS LIKE THAT DANG RAP MUSIC!!! GIVE ME PAT BOONE ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!! WHATEVER HAPPENED TO MUSIC LIKE THAT??????

MY SON ALWAYS BOUGHT THEIR RECORDS GROWING UP. I NEVER GOT IT. HE LOOKS LIKE A GIRL, AND YOU CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THEYRE SAYING!!!! ITS LIKE THAT DANG RAP MUSIC!!! GIVE ME PAT BOONE ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!! WHATEVER HAPPENED TO MUSIC LIKE THAT??????

Pat Boone??? The notoriously non-talented copy cat ripoff cover artist? :lol: