Buffalo Bills may have most talented roster in NFL

HOUSE

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh??? :blink:

what John from Hemet is saying - is (what some people do not want to consider, as a possibility), that Maroon never really wanted EJ to start, but sit and learn for 2 or more seasons.

A thought as to why he suddenly quit was he was told EJ would be the starter in 2015 no ifs ands oe butts so he quit.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

To be honest the Bills should not be labeled a "Sleeper"

That was last season.

The Bills are clearly a contender in 2015

"Playoff Sleeper" is just a way of saying "We want to be able to say 'I told you so' if they make the post-season, without being held accountable if they don't."

Anyone who says that EJ Manuel wasnt showing progression before he took the hit to the knee in his first year is full of crap.......

Now last year? Played like crap and deserved to be benched. But you know what? Given time ALL of our QBs played like crap under Marrone and Hackett.

And anyone who says that EJ Manuel was showing progression before Hackett came on board is brainless. Hackett's the only OC Manuel's ever had. :doh:

"Playoff Sleeper" is just a way of saying "We want to be able to say 'I told you so' if they make the post-season, without being held accountable if they don't."

And anyone who says that EJ Manuel was showing progression before Hackett came on board is brainless. Hackett's the only OC Manuel's ever had. :doh:

A sleeper to me is an average team that have just enough talent to win 9 or 10 games

A contender can dominate and win ANY game

Edited by HOUSE

I have to...

BTW: I like McLuvin' as the 2015 whipping boy! Used to be Kelsay, but no longer.

I'm actually partial to McCoy or Watkins this year. Scapegoating them based on Kiko and OBJ comparisons has just the sort of surreality that you come to expect from this board.

I think the biggest question on this roster is: who's going to be the fans' 2015 whipping boy?

Leodis is always a safe bet. And Hughes just signed a new contract, and it's usually safe to bet on people whining about someone underperforming their new contract in the first year of it. Ditto Clay. And Preston Brown is all set up for a sophomore slump, doubly so since Kiko's traded. And then, of course, McCoy has to live up to the Legend of Kiko, given that he was traded for him. Watkins, no matter how well he does, is still a bust if OBJ does better. Whichever of Harvin or Woods beats out the other for the #2 WR position is in a good position to be blamed for everything. And there's always the QB - whoever it is.

The Bills might have the deepest scapegoat roster in the NFL this season. I'm psyched. Who's with me?

Oh yes! Count me in. It's been awhile since we've had a really good witch burning!

Very good OL? Sorry, they lose all credibility with that one! I'm really hoping for low average which represents a dramatic improvement but still hardly qualifies as very good..

You will be shocked then at how much better they likely will be...mostly from good coaching

You will be shocked then at how much better they likely will be...mostly from good coaching

The Bills did nothing to help the OL last season...it clearly never improved.

I kind of feel sorry for Spiller at the end......1 yard and a pile of dust

That is not what I meant Tom

I know that Hackett is the only OC....what I am saying is that EJ Manuel (and every other QB under Hackett) played progressively worse as time went on.

Maybe they shouldnt have been running him between the OT's which is clearly not his strength

I think the biggest question on this roster is: who's going to be the fans' 2015 whipping boy?

Leodis is always a safe bet. And Hughes just signed a new contract, and it's usually safe to bet on people whining about someone underperforming their new contract in the first year of it. Ditto Clay. And Preston Brown is all set up for a sophomore slump, doubly so since Kiko's traded. And then, of course, McCoy has to live up to the Legend of Kiko, given that he was traded for him. Watkins, no matter how well he does, is still a bust if OBJ does better. Whichever of Harvin or Woods beats out the other for the #2 WR position is in a good position to be blamed for everything. And there's always the QB - whoever it is.

The Bills might have the deepest scapegoat roster in the NFL this season. I'm psyched. Who's with me?

You forgot Mario. Remember, if he doesn't get a sack in a game, he surely didn't do anything else to contribute.

My vote for biggest scapegoat goes to Clay. With all of the weapons they have now, it will be nearly impossible for him to put up the type of stats that would justify that kind of contract. Contributing in other ways like blocking well and being a threat will not suffice. The pitchforks will be out en masse.

Well if Chris Simms says it, it must be true!

We have made a number of moves just like Andy Reid did his last year before getting fired in Philly. Dream Team baby!

All kidding aside, it is exciting to see what will happen with much more seasoned coaches with a track record, several skill players added, and a draft to see what happens there. I also wonder if we are moving away from zone blocking on the O Line, what may happen to those previously a bust. Rex had solid O Lines at the Jets, and Whaley is going to probably address again in the draft.

It sucks we have almost no other options at QB, but maybe EJ improves under Roman. I am excited for the draft, and believe we very well could be making the playoffs this year with a 10-6 record or even 11-5. Remember last year the wildcard teams were both AFC North teams as they played the NFC and AFC South last year. By far the easiest schedule. I don't even think the Browns were that good last year. They just played an easy schedule. Who knows if the AFC South and NFC East will be better, but it's possible the Titans, Texans, Jaguars, Giants, and Redskins could all be wins. I see Rex going 4-2 in the AFC East.

Those guys are high. And btw its not like our linebackers are some kind of elite unit either

^^^someone else is high. Explain what's wrong with the linebackers who were part of an elite defense last year.

Another tired repetitive continuation of kiko-fest ? We stopped the run last year sans the almighty kiko if you hadnt noticed.

I had in no way indicated the Bills were better than the Cheaters. Most Talented, on paper (plus a quarter will get you a piece of bubble gum) does not always = the best team

I agree, but I will also say that for once I like our odds of beating the Pats. The Pats have this mystique about them that has been formed by their record over the years, but they've had the luxury of being able to compete in the worst division in the league in an ongoing basis for well over a decade. Put them in most other divisions and their average win tally drops by two games per season imo.

They're good, but Belichick is overrated and they're only as good as Brady is. Take him out of the game and they're a .500 team at best.

He's getting older. Already they're saying that Manning, essentially Brady's equal, is losing zip on his passes at the end of the season, which could not have been more apparent at the end of last season. Brady's time is quickly coming, could be this one in fact. When that happens I will insist that the Pats become no better than an 8-8 to 10-6 team annually if they keep the rest of their talent level where it's been.

- EJ Manuel.....shows that the original plan that the bills had was actually a good one when Kevin Kolb was brought in and disaster happened.......but now EJ got the time he needed to hold a clipboard behind Kyle Orton.....and continues progression that he actually DID show before Hackett came in and screwed it all up. He regains his ability to scramble out of trouble......he improves as a QB going through his progressions and the starts throwing receivers open. Matt Cassel puts up a good fight in camp but in the end EJ is just too good to keep on the bench.

Huh??? :blink:

LOL

My thought exactly. If EJ starts then we're screwed.

Anyone who says that EJ Manuel wasnt showing progression before he took the hit to the knee in his first year is full of crap.......

Now last year? Played like crap and deserved to be benched. But you know what? Given time ALL of our QBs played like crap under Marrone and Hackett.

Like what kind of progression?

How did it manifest itself?

In other words, what are you putting up for proof of this "progression?"

Did his games improve? Was he more accurate? What? I'm not seeing it, help me out.

I would argue, strongly, that anyone that thinks that EJ has improved or progressed in any way also isn't using their noodle, or what's there of it.

There's absolutely nothing concrete to base such an argument on. It can only be built on soft arguments and intangibles, and even there who sees that.

He's following in the footsteps of Jamarcus Russell and Brandon Weeden.

They did this year by getting rid of Marrone who made them regress horribly over his 2 years here and hiring possibly the best OLine coach in the NFL in Kromer...

Their performance last year was below their talent level and their performance this year will likely exceed their talent level...all because of the same thing...coaching

He's following in the footsteps of Jamarcus Russell and Brandon Weeden.

That's just asinine. JaMarcus Russell's lazy ass ate himself out out of the league and into "biggest first-round bust ever" status in two seasons.

While you can argue whether Manuel is good or bad, you lose all credibility when you say he's JaMarcus Russell bad.

I would argue, strongly, that anyone that thinks that EJ has improved or progressed in any way also isn't using their noodle, or what's there of it.

In year 2, when EJ escaped from the pocket he was looking up field for potential receiving targets. This was one of his highlighted flaws in his rookie season where he didn't look up field when flushed out of the pocket. This is an improvement.

It is not logical to think that somebody who has an immense amount of flaws, and who works extremely hard to correct said flaws, didn't improve in any way. Thinking that he didn't improve anywhere near enough is IMO totally reasonable.....but thinking he didn't improve in any way seems to be the product of one not using their noodle.

I'm not predicting anything. I'm expressing caution against irrational exuberance.

Signing just Matt Cassel and predicting a Super Bowl is irrational exuberance. Doing all we did, and could still do, exuberance is entirely rational.