Buffalo Bills may have most talented roster in NFL

HOUSE

I think the Japanese issued a formal declaration with Pearl Harbor

Yes...but it was five hours late. It was supposed to be a half-hour before the attack, but the embassy in DC had already let all the secretaries go, and the ambassador and remaining staff couldn't decode and type up the declaration.

It also has nothing to do with what All_Pro said.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...but it was five hours late. It was supposed to be a half-hour before the attack, but the embassy in DC had already let all the secretaries go, and the ambassador and remaining staff couldn't decode and type up the declaration.

It also has nothing to do with what All_Pro said.

"And everybody thought the Stork was brain damaged"

I don't think so, we still have OL drafted in 2014.

All these players need time. We are also using blocking FB's and TE that can actually block.

Big difference

I don't disagree with you, but the premise made during the segment was that they have a very good OL returning. They may evolve into a good line, but as you say they need time to evolve and gel. I think abandoning the zone blocking scheme and having TEs to block will help a great deal. Time will tell!

I could debate the opinion with myself. Because I'm an ornery bastard.

The Prussian Army was considered the model throughout the second half of the 1700's. But the command-and-control style used for a regimental army wasn't up to facing the articulated divisions of the Napoleonic mass army. Thus, they got their asses soundly trounced at the battle of Jena-Auerstadt; because while on paper they were better, their C3 wasn't nearly as good as the French Army's.

Likewise, the Knights Templar (and all the other bozos at Liegnica). They were heavily armed, heavily armored, highly trained professional heavy cavalry. But they fought as an unorganized mass of individuals. The Mongols were well-led and very well organized (down to squads of 10 men). On paper, professional armored heavy cavalry should have slaughtered the unarmored horse-archers...in practice, the Knights were drawn out of position, got shot to pieces, broke and ran, and were hunted down and killed (along with everyone else, because the Templars, Teutons, Hospitallers, etc., were undisciplined glory-hounds who hung Henry II and Miezsko the Fat out to dry.)

The moral of the story is: coaching and teamwork matter, more than most people realize. I'll take eleven average guys on the field working together over eleven All-Pros, each trying to prove they're better than the other 10, any day of the week.

Your an idiot.

Edit: a well educated idiot ;-)

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

The bottom line is there are still a lot of unknowns......

In all honesty....these are the BEST things that could happen for us this year.......it does not require ALL of these things to happen.....but if a good portion of them did this team is gonna be on the map:

- EJ Manuel.....shows that the original plan that the bills had was actually a good one when Kevin Kolb was brought in and disaster happened.......but now EJ got the time he needed to hold a clipboard behind Kyle Orton.....and continues progression that he actually DID show before Hackett came in and screwed it all up. He regains his ability to scramble out of trouble......he improves as a QB going through his progressions and the starts throwing receivers open. Matt Cassel puts up a good fight in camp but in the end EJ is just too good to keep on the bench.

- Shady starts....and Freddie gives us enough in relief to form a very good combo running the ball.

- Kujo shows that his first year was a fluke.....that he actually does NFL ability so much so that he is moved to RG.......and he and Sentrell Henderson (who also improves in his second year form a young dom combo on the right side......Glenn and Cog solidify the Left side.....and Wood regains his form because he isnt having to worry about inferior players lining up next to him screwing it all up.

- Clay comes in and shows why he was the prize offseason posession. He shows that he is the best TE that the bills have had since the K gun and his ability to both block and catch keeps our offense unpredictable.

- Sammy Watkins comes into the season healthy.....and shows why he was considered the special WR that comes along every once in so many years

- Percy Harvin as Pegula's adopted son finds a home......and is dynamic for us

- The D does what it has been doing.

- EJ Manuel.....shows that the original plan that the bills had was actually a good one when Kevin Kolb was brought in and disaster happened.......but now EJ got the time he needed to hold a clipboard behind Kyle Orton.....and continues progression that he actually DID show before Hackett came in and screwed it all up. He regains his ability to scramble out of trouble......he improves as a QB going through his progressions and the starts throwing receivers open. Matt Cassel puts up a good fight in camp but in the end EJ is just too good to keep on the bench.

Huh??? :blink:

I think the biggest question on this roster is: who's going to be the fans' 2015 whipping boy?

Leodis is always a safe bet. And Hughes just signed a new contract, and it's usually safe to bet on people whining about someone underperforming their new contract in the first year of it. Ditto Clay. And Preston Brown is all set up for a sophomore slump, doubly so since Kiko's traded. And then, of course, McCoy has to live up to the Legend of Kiko, given that he was traded for him. Watkins, no matter how well he does, is still a bust if OBJ does better. Whichever of Harvin or Woods beats out the other for the #2 WR position is in a good position to be blamed for everything. And there's always the QB - whoever it is.

The Bills might have the deepest scapegoat roster in the NFL this season. I'm psyched. Who's with me?

I think the biggest question on this roster is: who's going to be the fans' 2015 whipping boy?

Leodis is always a safe bet. And Hughes just signed a new contract, and it's usually safe to bet on people whining about someone underperforming their new contract in the first year of it. Ditto Clay. And Preston Brown is all set up for a sophomore slump, doubly so since Kiko's traded. And then, of course, McCoy has to live up to the Legend of Kiko, given that he was traded for him. Watkins, no matter how well he does, is still a bust if OBJ does better. Whichever of Harvin or Woods beats out the other for the #2 WR position is in a good position to be blamed for everything. And there's always the QB - whoever it is.

The Bills might have the deepest scapegoat roster in the NFL this season. I'm psyched. Who's with me?

Those are pretty good nominations Tom!! I would like to add an offensive lineman. They are going to try to play a power game and if it doesn't work the fingers will be pointed quickly. I'm going to nominate Eric Wood coming off of his worst professional season. If they fail to run the ball successfully I am guessing that he comes under fire.