Buffalo Bills may have most talented roster in NFL

HOUSE

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you never saw animal house?

Good God, i hope this statement was a joke!!

Yes, I have seen it. Just not in 20 or so years. About all i remember from the movie is the mashed potato zit scene and the "Thank you sir may I have another" scene. Guess I will have to revisit the movie.

Big Pappy

I have been called out on the Germans bombing pearl harbor quote before

you have to laugh, how does anyone not know that

Next time somebody uses that quote, they should say "Italians," and really !@#$ with people's heads.

Yes, I have seen it. Just not in 20 or so years. About all i remember from the movie is the mashed potato zit scene and the "Thank you sir may I have another" scene. Guess I will have to revisit the movie.

Big Pappy

Or just check the internet

Edited by DC Tom

I have been called out on the Germans bombing pearl harbor quote before

you have to laugh, how does anyone not know that

While we all know that Germany did not bomb Pearl Harbor the only country Germany issued a formal declaration of war against during WW2 was the United States.

My favorite screen from Animal House is with Bulushi up on the ladder on the side of the sorority house. Favorite line, "You messed up, you trusted us, I suggest you start drinking heavily", advice to Flounder after his bother's Lincoln got totaled..

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

EJ's problem is that he simply is not accurate. Especially on deep routes. Time after time he throws passes that aren't even close enough for the WR to make a circus catch. We are not going to be able to run the ball no matter who is on the line and regardless of who our running back is if the defense can ignore the deep third of the field. There is no point in having the best WR's in the league if the passes are 10 yards out of bounds or 5 yards behind them. It doesn't matter what other skills a QB has if he can't be consistently accurate. I'll take a short guy, an average armed guy, a slow footed guy, any QB as long as he is accurate beyond 15 yards and is at least average at reading defenses.

This + 100

This is also one of the reasons I had issue with Whaley taking Watson, Not that you do, however doesn't matter how great a receiver you are if the QB can't get the ball to anyone. He seems to throw passes down the sidelines OOB also.

Edited by San-O

This + 100

This is also one of the reasons I had issue with Whaley taking Watson, Not that you do, however doesn't matter how great a receiver you are if the QB can't get the ball to anyone. He seems to throw passes down the sidelines OOB also.

So,your plan is to give EJ crummy Wide Receivers ??

Edited by HOUSE

So,your plan is to give EJ crummy Wide Receivers ??

I don't think you trade away picks for a WR when you clearly don't have a QB who can get them the ball: EJ can't get them the ball.

This + 100

Luckily Whaley was smart enough to trade Watson for Sammy Watkins. Otherwise Whaley would have had to go

To be clear, I don't get the reference, but I am willing to bet that someone else could debate the opinion.

I could debate the opinion with myself. Because I'm an ornery bastard.

The Prussian Army was considered the model throughout the second half of the 1700's. But the command-and-control style used for a regimental army wasn't up to facing the articulated divisions of the Napoleonic mass army. Thus, they got their asses soundly trounced at the battle of Jena-Auerstadt; because while on paper they were better, their C3 wasn't nearly as good as the French Army's.

Likewise, the Knights Templar (and all the other bozos at Liegnica). They were heavily armed, heavily armored, highly trained professional heavy cavalry. But they fought as an unorganized mass of individuals. The Mongols were well-led and very well organized (down to squads of 10 men). On paper, professional armored heavy cavalry should have slaughtered the unarmored horse-archers...in practice, the Knights were drawn out of position, got shot to pieces, broke and ran, and were hunted down and killed (along with everyone else, because the Templars, Teutons, Hospitallers, etc., were undisciplined glory-hounds who hung Henry II and Miezsko the Fat out to dry.)

The moral of the story is: coaching and teamwork matter, more than most people realize. I'll take eleven average guys on the field working together over eleven All-Pros, each trying to prove they're better than the other 10, any day of the week.

While we all know that Germany did not bomb Pearl Harbor the only country Germany issued a formal declaration of war against during WW2 was the United States.

My favorite screen from Animal House is with Bulushi up on the ladder on the side of the sorority house. Favorite line, "You messed up, you trusted us, I suggest you start drinking heavily", advice to Flounder after his bother's Lincoln got totaled..

I think the Japanese issued a formal declaration with Pearl Harbor

There are so many Animal House quotes to love.