Pegula interview: not opposed to an NFL team in Toronto

Also some insight on decision making

So if they are that involved, who ultimately is making final decisions on roster moves?

Obviously, as the owner I guess I make the final decision, Pegula said. But if somebody feels real strong about something, we all sit and talk about it. That person can win, and its his call. Thats how we like to operate.

Also some insight on decision making

So if they are that involved, who ultimately is making final decisions on roster moves?

Obviously, as the owner I guess I make the final decision, Pegula said. But if somebody feels real strong about something, we all sit and talk about it. That person can win, and its his call. Thats how we like to operate.

Decisions by committee....good stuff.

The writer is astonished because it appears Mr. Pegula isn't concerned about losing revenue to a dedicated Toronto franchise.

Mr. Pegula is not concerned at all about revenue, I believe he stated something to the effect, "If I need more cash, I will dig more oil wells".

In fact, I think he would welcome the rivalry. How much fun would a "Peace Bridge series" be?

The writer is astonished because it appears Mr. Pegula isn't concerned about losing revenue to a dedicated Toronto franchise.

Mr. Pegula is not concerned at all about revenue, I believe he stated something to the effect, "If I need more cash, I will dig more oil wells".

In fact, I think he would welcome the rivalry. How much fun would a "Peace Bridge series" be?

Actual audio from Mr Pegula:

How would he lose revenue with a team in Toronto? TV deals with teams in LA and Toronto would be huge and mean more money for the owners.

Pegula could also have a bit of knowledge about where Buffalo is trending. I visited Pittsburgh a couple of times in the recent past and was amazed by the city's renaissance. There are thousands of homes on hillsides there that belonged to people in the steel industry. When jobs left many of those homes were vacant, but new businesses have moved in. Young people have been buying those homes and fixing them up. That city is now a thriving metropolis again. Buffalo shares some similarities. I think the area is trending upward.

Between expansion fees and wouldn't he also get a a boat load of money for someone "invading his turf", he may figure a football team in Toronto is doomed to fail long term, so he'll be ahead of the game with the upfront money. While there's a ton of people up there, unless they start playing football on skates, it's not going to be that big a draw, plus you have the CFL on top of it. Maybe it wouldn't fail but he may figure the upfront cash he'll get will exceed lost revenue from people up there no longer coming to Buffalo.

It's possible he's just saying that to be politically correct, but knows, there's not enough interest up there, again due to the CFL and hockey

How would he lose revenue with a team in Toronto? TV deals with teams in LA and Toronto would be huge and mean more money for the owners.

The entire tenor of the article appears to be shock that the Bills are not interested in being Toronto's team anymore.

The idea of the the Toronto series was to rope Toronto's money into the Bills' market orbit. Didn't work. But, you can't blame them for still thinking we want them in our market.

Pegula could also have a bit of knowledge about where Buffalo is trending. I visited Pittsburgh a couple of times in the recent past and was amazed by the city's renaissance. There are thousands of homes on hillsides there that belonged to people in the steel industry. When jobs left many of those homes were vacant, but new businesses have moved in. Young people have been buying those homes and fixing them up. That city is now a thriving metropolis again. Buffalo shares some similarities. I think the area is trending upward.

I hope your right, but PA taxes are a LOT lower, so I don't know. I was hoping to retire to the finger lakes, but it's unaffordable.

Unfortunately for Buffalo it is in NYS. Pennsylvania has a relatively business friendly environment which NY lacks. For that reason Buffalos trend line will be unlikely to ever catch Pittsburghs.

Unfortunately for Buffalo it is in NYS. Pennsylvania has a relatively business friendly environment which NY lacks. For that reason Buffalos trend line will be unlikely to ever catch Pittsburghs.

Although I can't argue with the business side of NYS not being friendly, every explosion begins with a spark. Terry and Kim are doing their best to light the fuse. Only time will tell if it pays off but they are investing in both the teams and the community to try and revitalize WNY and you gotta give them credit for that.

Buffalo would benefit from an NFL team in Toronto. It would be best to have an NFC team. I think there are many Toronto Bills fans that would remain loyal. In fact interest in the NFL would only uptick, I think. I'm notboppossed to Bon Jovi and his gang getting a different team. Plus we coukd destroy Toronto in another sport.

Pittsburgh has never been in the whole or been in the downward trend that Buffalo is. It's not just the city, but the entire region is losing population. which is pretty Singular to Buffalo when it comes to areas in the decline.