Pegula interview: not opposed to an NFL team in Toronto

Now that the Bills are secure in Buffalo I say bring it on. Would be a great rivalry with no love lost no doubt (Sabres/Leafs)

Unfortunately for Buffalo it is in NYS. Pennsylvania has a relatively business friendly environment which NY lacks. For that reason Buffalos trend line will be unlikely to ever catch Pittsburghs.

PA has a business friendly climate only in comparison to NYS. That said, if NYS were to somehow "free" WNY (perhaps by a huge tax abetment area), Buffalo could have a Pittsburgh-style turn around.

I don't know if anyone here would be opposed to Toronto having a team now that Buffalo is secure. Can you imagine the rivalry?

would be awesome. Could create something similar to PIT v. Cleveland. In fact, could eventually create a new division of PIT, CLE, BUF, TOR. (not that I'd want to loose the Pats and Dolphins and Jets historic rivalries, just a thought. All fans could drive to inter-division away games!)

Corporation taxes are next to NOTHING in NYS. It's personal income taxes, and property taxes that are killer.

+1 and a big reason why I'd have to think really hard about moving back to NYS. In WA, people B word and moan about the 9.5% sales tax, but I'll take that and $3500/yr in property taxes with no income tax over the draconian NYS property taxes and income taxes any day of the week.

I'd love to move back to the state but the lack of high paying jobs outside of NYC and the taxes kill it for me.

I think it would be fun.

Maybe their new team can play a game in Buffalo each year, so we can all attend in our Chinese Joe Montana jerseys and cheer for the other team.

That is good, well done sir.

Now the Bills are secure, it's not nearly as much of an issue but I've met a ton of cool Canadian fans at the Ralph who come down and support the Bills because they love the atmosphere and have embraced the team (even through all these losing years). I enjoy that cross-border camaraderie and although I'm sure some would still continue to come to Buffalo, I'd hate to see anything that would jeopardize or dilute that.