Welcome to the Bills, "Big Play" Clay!

Roman is thrilled right now, dreaming of ways to work all of those weapons in.

In some ways this makes it easier for Cassell to beat out EJ, whose strength is not quick decision making and crisp, accurate short passes. But we are going to be hard to defend no matter who plays QB.

That said, EJ can sell the play action really well, which could work well with an attack of Shady, Fred and Boobie, and Harvin as a running threat too. If he can just complete 3-4 more passes per game - a big ask - it could pay dividends all around the offense.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That said, EJ can sell the play action really well, which could work well with an attack of Shady, Fred and Boobie, and Harvin as a running threat too. If he can just complete 3-4 more passes per game - a big ask - it could pay dividends all around the offense.

Yep. He's very good at that already. His greatness weakness, IMO, is his pinpoint accuracy though. He completes passes on slants but they are not perfect passes that guys can catch on the run and greatly increase their YAC. That is what Harvin, Watkins, Clay and Shady out of the backfield are going to need. The more confident EJ gets perhaps that will increase that kind of accuracy that he needs. I'm not really predicting it though.

Yep. He's very good at that already. His greatness weakness, IMO, is his pinpoint accuracy though. He completes passes on slants but they are not perfect passes that guys can catch on the run and greatly increase their YAC. That is what Harvin, Watkins, Clay and Shady out of the backfield are going to need. The more confident EJ gets perhaps that will increase that kind of accuracy that he needs. I'm not really predicting it though.

Agreed. As I said, a big ask. It's make-or-break at this point. Either he settles into becoming a adequate NFL backup or he takes the next step.

I sure am glad we have a new OC that has a history of knowing how to use the players he has because Marone didn't have a clue !

You could have gave him Brady & Rogers & because of his O line expertise the team would have still been mediocre !!

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 5m5 minutes ago

According to a source the paperwork has officially gone through from the #Dolphins to the NFL. TE Charles Clay is officially a Buffalo Bill.

WOO!!!!!

No 5 day wait!!!!

FRIDAY PRESSER COME ON!!!!

WOOO!!!

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

Chris Trapasso ‏@ChrisTrapasso 4h4 hours ago

FWIW, I imagine #Bills have one of youngest O skill position groups in the NFL (in WK 1): Watkins 22, Woods 23, Harvin 27, McCoy 27, Clay 26

Yes, that was something I mentioned in another thread.

It's really exciting because so many "playoff contenders" are often stocked with older guys (especially QBs) who have to win now or they're done. The Bills can actually expect their core group to remain in their prime for another 2-3-4 years, while we try to find that mythical "franchise QB"...

2015 Bills offense

QB EJ/Cassel

HB Shady McCoy

FB Jerome Felton

WR Sammy Watkins

WR Robert Woods

WR Percy Harvin

TE Charles Clay

#claywatch ends and a new era of Bills TE begins

@ChrisTrapasso: Comprehensive Clay breakdown here from @Pat_Thorman. Insightful read. RT @PFF_Fantasy: Bills Sign Charles Clay http://t.co/LRRB2I7G3z

yolo, you're alienating our linemen! guards are people too!

oops just listed skill players. Would love to get a shiny new OG too

Well, we did get Richie. Maybe Kujo steps it up too this year ? A healthy Chris Williams. Maybe a draft pick with our 1st (2nd round) pick. Who knows...we might be OK up front ? If we are....there is no stopping this offense. Even if I'm the QB.

This is the strongest roster I've seen in a VERY long time on both sides of the football. Maybe even stronger than the SB run teams, and we had Kelly back then.

Fasten your seat belts....this season is gonna be a blast fellas !

2015 Bills offense

QB EJ/Cassel

HB Shady McCoy

FB Jerome Felton

WR Sammy Watkins

WR Robert Woods

WR Percy Harvin

TE Charles Clay

#claywatch ends and a new era of Bills TE begins

@ChrisTrapasso: Comprehensive Clay breakdown here from @Pat_Thorman. Insightful read. RT @PFF_Fantasy: Bills Sign Charles Clay http://t.co/LRRB2I7G3z

Something missing from this list... can't quite put my finger on it...

@C42Clay: Been a great 4 years as a Miami Dolphin. Thank you for the opportunity. Learned a lot from so many great people. Will be forever grateful.

@C42Clay: Excited about the next chapter of my life. #BillsMafia legggo!!!

Edited by YoloinOhio