Could power play renew old rivalry

What are the chances this latest power struggle over Clay help renew the old Bills-Dolphins rivalry?

Throw in the Incognito scenario, the fact he pretty much got kicked off their team for being a bully, now he is here and I am sure he will have a few choice words for them. With Incognito and Suh on the field at the same time, something is bound to happen.

I really miss the old rivalry, it's just not what it used to be.

Best case scenario is they both start beating up NE and battle it out for the East themselves, could be two monster defenses!

it's time for the Pats to take a step back. ( well, one can only hope)

to the fans or teams?

right now to me it's who does Buffalo lose to most. they are the biggest rivalry.

The next criteria who would the Bills battle yearly for playoff seating.

Yeah one thing and one thing only will spark this rivalry back to where it used to be. Both teams being good. The Bills unfortunately don't really have a rival right now because they have been so uncompetitive in recent years. A rivalry to me is formed when teams battle yearly for playoff positioning not the bottom of the division. Don't get me wrong I still don't like any of the teams in the AFC East but it is really hard to consider any of them our rival. In fact the Dolphins strangely might be my least hated team in the division right now.

Pats* - damn they are just good every year, beat us severely and with regularity, skirt the rules of fair play at every chance, obnoxious fans

Jets - a super bowl what 45 years ago? Somehow their fans think they are so much better than the Bills. Buffalo actually leads the all time series 58-51. My hatred towards them is almost purely driven by their fans.

Dolphins - oh what once was. Marino-Kelly was my childhood. I hated this team with a passion. Now neither team has been a serious threat in so long the "rivalry" is meaningless. Their fans are so few and far between it is hard to hate them. On top of the fact that a majority of them are girls that like the color scheme.

Long story short the Bills need to continue getting better to develop a rivalry with anybody.

Yeah one thing and one thing only will spark this rivalry back to where it used to be. Both teams being good. The Bills unfortunately don't really have a rival right now because they have been so uncompetitive in recent years.

Pats* - damn they are just good every year, beat us severely and with regularity, skirt the rules of fair play at every chance, obnoxious fans

Long story short the Bills need to continue getting better to develop a rivalry with anybody.

too true but we do have a hated Nemesis

to the fans or teams?

right now to me it's who does Buffalo lose to most. they are the biggest rivalry.

The next criteria who would the Bills battle yearly for playoff seating.

If it starts in the FO, then trickles down to the teams, the fans will surely won't be far behind.

And like I said best case scenario will be if both are better and fighting for the division or at least a wildcard spot.

I've held onto the Bills-Fins rivalry for a long time as one of my best buddies is a Fins fan. However, it's been a long time since I've felt that rivalry really exists in any anywhere outside of the two of us. I'd love to see it return if just so I could say that the Pats* are dropping back in the AFC East.

What are the chances this latest power struggle over Clay help renew the old Bills-Dolphins rivalry?

Throw in the Incognito scenario, the fact he pretty much got kicked off their team for being a bully, now he is here and I am sure he will have a few choice words for them. With Incognito and Suh on the field at the same time, something is bound to happen.

Best case scenario is they both start beating up NE and battle it out for the East themselves, could be two monster defenses!

Strongly agree. It's waaaaay overdue to renew the Bills/dolphins and Bills/pats rivalries. We split with both last season. Hopefully we repeat that this season.

both teams have to start winning and being able to beat NE for their to be a rivalry between them. Until that happens, no, it won't be like the 90s.

Heck, the 90's was the end of it

- I remember 0 fer the 70's

- first win in 1980, the posts come down, and they sent it up the stands toward Ralph!

- The "I Hate Miami" shirts

- Squish the fish ..........

Has the rivalry really ever ended? Maybe for the sissy assed players the Bills had in the past but not for fans that remember

Squish the Fish! Beat them like a bad restaurant closing early!

Edited by bmur66

It surely makes the AFC East full of rivalries. The Bills and Pats are a natural because they win, and Brady and Bellicheat are each slighty worse than Lucifer. The Bills and Jets rivalry is a natural to grow 10x because of Rex. The Dolphins will hate us more now where they have ignored us more than their bigger rivalries for so long.

This Phin Tweet is funny, implying their signing trumps all, considering we already have a "Suh" that we actually drafted and developed named Marcel Dareus and didn't need to cut or trade half the team to get him.

Anthony @PhinsTweets 20m20 minutes ago

Congrats @buffalobills on signing Charles Clay.

CAeVChmWwAAKQjc.jpg
Edited by YoloinOhio

It will be interesting to see what happens next offseason when the Bills have so many free agents. As they say "Payback is a bi@#$%!"

Didn't we go 2-12 or maybe 3-13 one year, but with a sweep of Miami?

Id have to look it up but that sounds right as i believe that's what got me saying it. I would say it to my Miami buddies and living in Orlando I have a few of them. It's fun tho.

Id have to look it up but that sounds right as i believe that's what got me saying it. I would say it to my Miami buddies and living in Orlando I have a few of them. It's fun tho.

I could be misremembering..